• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Uhm, did I went to the wrong thread?

Anyway, is there any way to link my FFXIV game (non-steam) into steam library as Steam game?
The game blocked my region as well, duh.

No, you can't add non-Steam games as Steam games. You can add them on Steam, but they just show up as non-Steam games. The only way to get a Steam copy is to buy it on Steam.

Physical edition of First Light isn't available in the U.S.

And the boxart is great.

BttzjRZCUAM3FOF-300x375.png

Why buy it? It will be free on PSN Plus in January.

Derp

Has anyone here bought DA:Inquisition through Mexican Origin with a VPN?

I think i screwed up the process...

I enabled the Hola and chose Mexico
Then i added the game to cart (prices were obvious decrease so i knew it was working)
Then i proceeded with purchase
And then on the screen where you enter your payment details, i disabled Hola so it switches back to Australia (but i was still in the payment screen and everything was still in Spanish so i had to translate the page).
I payed through paypal
Received confirmation email and all that stuff in Spanish
Started downloading the game and noticed i could download a "English Voice Over Pack".

Which means i ended up with a Mexican copy.

Was i supposed to end up with the Mexican version......? I thought by switching back with the VPN i would end up getting the Aus version.

I fucked up didn't i...

No, you can't add non-Steam games as Steam games. You can add them on Steam, but they just show up as non-Steam games. The only way to get a Steam copy is to buy it on Steam.

I would buy it and pass my old account to my wife. The problem is, FFXIV is region blocked, I can't access it from my Steam. :(
Oh well..

Has anyone here bought DA:Inquisition through Mexican Origin with a VPN?

I think i screwed up the process...

I enabled the Hola and chose Mexico
Then i added the game to cart (prices were obvious decrease so i knew it was working)
Then i proceeded with purchase
And then on the screen where you enter your payment details, i disabled Hola so it switches back to Australia (but i was still in the payment screen and everything was still in Spanish so i had to translate the page).
I payed through paypal
Received confirmation email and all that stuff in Spanish
Started downloading the game and noticed i could download a "English Voice Over Pack".

Which means i ended up with a Mexican copy.

Was i supposed to end up with the Mexican version......? I thought by switching back with the VPN i would end up getting the Aus version.

I fucked up didn't i...
Mexican copy is still in English.

Deitus

I would buy it and pass my old account to my wife. The problem is, FFXIV is region blocked, I can't access it from my Steam. :(
Oh well..

Ah, that's weird that it wouldn't be available for sale in your region.

If you could buy it, you wouldn't need to transfer accounts. You could simply log into your old account on the Steam version, though you would get one month subscription for buying the game that you could let your wife use. Shame it's not available for you.

Derp

Mexican copy is still in English.
But it showed me the English voiceover pack as an optional download. I've never seen this with any other game.

Was I supposed to get the confirmation email from origin Europe? And it's all in Spanish?

I've never done this before lol.

Zafir

But it showed me the English voiceover pack as an optional download. I've never seen this with any other game.

Was I supposed to get the confirmation email from origin Europe? And it's all in Spanish?

I think that's for people who have chosen a different language when installing?

That way they can get English dubs but another language subs?

It's listed for me as a download as well, but my copy is fully English.

Derp

I think that's for people who have chosen a different language when installing?

That way they can get English dubs but another language subs?

It's listed for me as a download as well, but my copy is fully English.
Oh I see.

Okay well once i play it I'll report back. Cheers.

Just to confirm though, to whoever bought it through Mexican Origin with the VPN, was the email you received and stuff all in Spanish...?

I can see the voiceover pack too, but in-game text and voice are already in English.

Zafir

Oh I see.

Okay well once i play it I'll report back. Cheers.

Just to confirm though, to whoever bought it through Mexican Origin with the VPN, was the email you received and stuff all in Spanish...?

Yeah, the email was in spanish when I pre-ordered it a good few months back.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm really hoping south park reaches that $15 sweet spot by winter sale

i guess it's pretty unrealistic but i'm watching the show a lot lately and now i kinda want to play the game

i just wanna play as butters! he's the best!

denx

How much is it in Mexico, Mr. Derp?

40 dollars standard edition, 45 dollars deluxe edition.

i guess it's pretty unrealistic but i'm watching the show a lot lately and now i kinda want to play the game

Stick of Truth is pretty much the only game I'm looking forward to getting at the Autumn sale.

The Ghost Recon collection too I guess, and Ground Zeroes preorder if it is at 15 dollars (Konami pls).

I don't know, 20-dollar-preorder was pretty sweet.

40 dollars standard edition, 45 dollars deluxe edition.

Stick of Truth is pretty much the only game I'm looking forward to getting at the Autumn sale.

The Ghost Recon collection too I guess, and Ground Zeroes preorder if it is at 15 dollars (Konami pls).

$40 is wayyyy too much for DA:I, methinks. Not enough of a discount for me to care... :\

$15 dollars?

Buddy, share those drugs with the rest of us.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
For fucks sake, why can't I force a display language for steampowered.com?

Because I don't know about you all, but I really enjoy the display language switching to a different one every time I load the site. It's not getting old at all.

Edit: Oh great, now I can't buy anything from the storefront.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
$40 is wayyyy too much for DA:I, methinks. Not enough of a discount for me to care... :\

$15 dollars?

you only play Payday anyway. $40 is too much for any game, unless its Payday DLC

Hugstable

Banned
All this console talk...

I've been playing/collecting for the PS4 since I got one last month.

lol I've been on a PS4 binge recently too, picked up some games for it finally since I needed to give this damn thing a reason to exist until Bloodborne comes out. I've owned the console since launch, and I'm just now finally putting in time into some games on the damn thing :D. Been playing alot of Far Cry 4 recently, actually have kinda got addicted to the game it being my first Far Cry game and all. Funny thing happened to me today trying to fly away from some Rhino! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guwq8MRsSzw

Yakkue

I just encountered a bug in Chapter 15 of Valkyria Chronicles.
I wanted to kill the Sniper in the north east, so I tried to climb the ladder near the north east flag. Somehow I ended up falling through the terrain.
Tried it first with Alicia, after that with Vyse.
You win this round, sniper.
vc-bug63xrs.png

-----
I've just completed a Game Dev Tycoon career and it was one of the most heartrending experiences I've ever tried. [...]

Life as a game dev is hard. Did you try again?

Copons

Life as a game dev is hard. Did you try again?

No, but I learned my lesson: don't even MMO, ever. :D

Almost unrelated: anyone tried Goat MMO?
I played it for half an hour yesterday but it left me kinda disoriented. Like, I've still to get the "MMO" meaning, as there were no other goat except me and some non-moving goats at spawn. The chat was wild though, with plenty of LF, WTB and WTS, giving me a lot of WoW Crushridge EU general chat back in the day.
Still, I've yet to learn how to write in non-general chat, and to do various basic stuff.

denx

$15 dollars?

GZ is selling at $20 on PSN. It's not too far fetched to think that the game will be between $15 and $20 for the preorder, especially if they apply a further discount on top like they did last year with MGR.

Shadownet

Banned
So what Steam skin is everyone using?

So many choices. You guys can decide for me :p
I use Metro, and so does quire a few people. It's a popular choice. BUT there is this one skin I've been meaning to try. I can't remember what it is though. Someone mentioned it once on here. I forgot to save the link. But it look really sleek.

I know some people use Pixelvision.

Edit: Detective Dog below me know what's up.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So what Steam skin is everyone using?

So many choices. You guys can decide for me :p

Metro for Steam, all the way.

I use Metro, and so does quire a few people. It's a popular choice. BUT there is this one skin I've been meaning to try. I can't remember what it is though. Someone mentioned it once on here. I forgot to save the link. But it look really sleek.

Was the skin you're talking about Pressure?

Derp

So 5 (4 if A Fish changes skins) points to Metro, 3 (4 if A Fish changes skins) points to PixelVision, 1 point to default.

If Fish changes skins then it's a draw.

I'm disappointed guys. This isn't how it's supposed to go down :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom