• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
Question: I got a new PC and have an SSD now. I installed steam on it and a couple of games but I don't want all of them filling up that drive. Can I have two separate steam directories on two different hard drives? I've never done it before.

xBladeM6x

Yeah, it definitely does. Advanced Warfare's cutscenes look incredible but once you actually get to gameplay things take a bit of a dive. Still looks good, but the lighting just doesn't seem to be where it should. Only on the first level though. Tons of high quality textures everywhere though, mostly just a few walls here and there that stick out.

Is it worth $60, or should I just wait for a bit of a sale? :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question: I got a new PC and have an SSD now. I installed steam on it and a couple of games but I don't want all of them filling up that drive. Can I have two separate steam directories on two different hard drives? I've never done it before.

Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Library Folders.

MikeDown

Banned
also the loading screen.....
header.jpg

taken from this guy

Is it worth $60, or should I just wait for a bit of a sale? :p
Hard to say, only finished the first mission and the online is where the real meat will lie. Not going to jump into the latter until the game unlocks here in the US, VPN speeds aren't great!

GMG has it for 50(you can use credit to get it for less)

Turfster

I love how sorting on Highest Price in the "Featured Halloween Games" puts collar duty zombies at the top for 90€, but not even 10 games in, you're looking at Deadly Premonition for 6€ before it jumps back up to 20€.

Volvo, pls.

kudoboi

Advanced Warfare Season Pass is pretty useless for someone only wanting to play single player. Or am I missing something here?

its meant for multiplayer which is what most people play anyways. im flat out skipping the campaign and jumping straight into MP

jblank83

I second Super House of the Dead Ninjas. The DLC is also dirt cheap, at 59 cents.

I'll also add Muri, which is only 31 cents.

I didn't buy it for a long time because I thought it didn't look worth it.

At $1.25 it absolutely is, though. Nice little game. Even if you only play it 2 or 3 times, one buck is nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well damn.

well the VIP one is already 25% off, which as far as I know is unprecedented for a COD game. Im actually tempted, trailers look pretty good, but I only play single player so...

Haunted

How do people still try to release commercial products with materials simply taken from elsewhere in this day and age?

At least check whether your deviantart or google image results contain royalty free images beforehand, I mean goddamn. >_>

Spiegel

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cave Story Plus -- MB-CA0AA7CDBA9E396B - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 6 entrants total.

t1414957459z1.png

Xanathus

Just finished Memoria, the sequel to Chains of Satinav. Incredible point-and-click adventure game and the story and ending met my expectations. It had a very annoying maze puzzle but luckily walkthroughs helped me past it. I highly recommend it to anyone who is likes point and click adventure games and beautiful stories.

Derp

She is quicker to compensate for the fact that her abilities are limited. To answer your question, I would imagine that due to her historic background, there is a limit to the abilities and gadgets developers can give her without straying to far from established cannon. But she isn't what I was alluding to. There will be a point when the main story shifts into a second storyline and tries to integrate them into a single cohesive story.
That makes sense actually. She is no doubt limited in comparison.

But don't worry, I know what you were alluding to ;). The subject of separate games had just reminded me of a thought I was having while playing before, that's all.

Sarcasm

You know farming simulator 15 looks like it would be fun with wife and friends. Is there a separate server executable that can be left up and running?

Parsnip

Keys are fine but I'd caution against activating gifts.
Excellent.

edit: Boy that lotf digital foundry thread keeps on giving.

I don't think I dare to visit the Halo thread. Though maybe it's not as bad because it's only on one platform (for now) and not a full analysis.

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks!
And just to sure, activating with VPN is fine, while straight up buying with VPN from Steam is a bad idea?
Activating steam keys(and just keys. not gifts) with a VPN is fine, yes. Buying with a VPN from steam directky is a very bad ide that will get you banned, and even activating locked steam gifts is probably quite risky as well(so stick to keys. always check its just activstion locked o rruntimenlockrd)

Wok

Peeps from SteamGAF, say hi to Ebi and cross your fingers praying she'll get along fine with good ol' BRODO!

:3

On paper they are basically the same cat: they both are scared of everything, they both purr loudly and they both meow with utter violence while traveling in car.
But hey, I got it from a shelter, I can't possibly now how they'll behave together, I can just hope. ^^

Nice! A new cat!

Thanks a lot for the congratulations you guys, really appreciate it and the day already starting great!
Sure have to set up a speedrunners event and celebrate the day :)
Be ready to go fast!

Happy Dunder Day!

Yakkue

Just finished Memoria, the sequel to Chains of Satinav. Incredible point-and-click adventure game and the story and ending met my expectations. It had a very annoying maze puzzle but luckily walkthroughs helped me past it. I highly recommend it to anyone who is likes point and click adventure games and beautiful stories.

For anyone interested, the game is currently available at its historically lowest price (about 2,80€) at Nuuvem.

didamangi

Boy that lotf digital foundry thread keeps on giving.

I don't think I dare to visit the Halo thread. Though maybe it's not as bad because it's only on one platform (for now) and not a full analysis.

Can't wait for the Witcher 3 Digital Foundry. Should be tons of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom