• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

peakish

I got the Hexcells/Hexcells Plus bundle currently on sale. The first was great fun, if a little bit easy. That Hexcells Plus tho. Took me some fifteen hours to beat and I tell you, noticing a way to progress after ten minutes of screaming internally at the screen is an amazing feeling. There are some really hard and funny puzzles to solve in it, at least for my pig sized brain. So many times thinking that there's no way to beat a puzzle without guessing, until the solution springs to mind.

Thanks once again for all the congratulations, GAF know how to melt a mans heart!
I've been eating myself fat and I feel pretty slow, so I thought it would be a good time for a quick Speedrunners Competition.
Hopefully we can set this up pretty quick and painless, since I only have about an hour to play (then we can continue later tonight).

Free game of my pick if you can beat me in a full race (official map) as usual and no limit to how many times you can win, so no mercy for the birthday boy!
I'm kinda rusty nowadays since I havent been playing much lately, so take your chance :)

1. DunderHassan
2. Deques
3. Sajjaja
4. NingenJanai/Nabs

Quote a part of this text to join in or PM me.

Deques

Thanks once again for all the congratulations, GAF know how to melt a mans heart!
I've been eating myself fat and I feel pretty slow, so I thought it would be a good time for a quick Speedrunners Competition.
Hopefully we can set this up pretty quick and painless, since I only have about an hour to play (then we can continue later tonight).

Free game of my pick if you can beat me in a full race (official map) as usual and no limit to how many times you can win, so no mercy for the birthday boy!
I'm kinda rusty nowadays since I havent been playing much lately, so take your chance :)

1. DunderHassan

Let me try for once! when is it gonna be? I have another game to play later

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that Kamiya's version of a smile or frown?

Well, I doubt he's perplexed by the question, so I'd guess he means to convey that he's not going to say anything. Probably because he knows a positive answer will lead to people screaming about Bayonetta 2's exclusivity yet again.

Sajjaja

1. DunderHassan
2. Deques

Meeeeee

1. DunderHassan
2. Deques
3. Sajjaja

Me too, but I can only play 15 min or so, so someone else can take over after Im gone

I got the Hexcells/Hexcells Plus bundle currently on sale. The first was great fun, if a little bit easy. That Hexcells Plus tho. Took me some fifteen hours to beat and I tell you, noticing a way to progress after ten minutes of screaming internally at the screen is an amazing feeling. There are some really hard and funny puzzles to solve in it, at least for my pig sized brain. So many times thinking that there's no way to beat a puzzle without guessing, until the solution springs to mind.

I found Plus a little more difficult than Infinite, but Infinite has the seeded random puzzles which are nice to dip into once a day or so :) Great series!

Reg

Banned
He looks pretty good too!

Those really, really will be the last I take though as I want to actually play the game and I don't want to spoil anyone past the second mission. Just a shame the cutscenes look so much better than the actual gameplay(which still looks good mind you)

Gameplay doesn't look that bad.

Dr Dogg

I finished Costume Quest 2 today and it was an absolute treat.

Thanks for the impressions. From jshackles Recommendation to your brief overview definately something I'm going to pick up at some point or another. Sadly though despite owning it for ages I've not really got started with the first. Loved the 30min, hour or so I played but for some silly reason not picked it back up again. Friday would have been the perfect time (and day even) but I was tending to my chronic Assassin's Creed addiction :(

How long are they both if you don't mind me asking? Cheers in advance.

rtcn63

I'm halfway through watching Frozen and think I'm all the stupider for it.

So, any word on the Advanced Warfare singleplayer? is it as short and shit as expected?

Varg

Banned
Had some pretty hectic matches today with evolve today. Was the monster the first time and managed to run for my life and survive a few battles before hitting stage 3. I managed to have an epic battle at the end with by the generator and killed the group with a sliver of my life left. I wish I got this game for five bucks :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
from greenlight:

9Ob4GcW.png

😎

Yakkue

Thanks for the impressions. From jshackles Recommendation to your brief overview definately something I'm going to pick up at some point or another. Sadly though despite owning it for ages I've not really got started with the first. Loved the 30min, hour or so I played but for some silly reason not picked it back up again. Friday would have been the perfect time (and day even) but I was tending to my chronic Assassin's Creed addiction :(

I finished them in about 9 hours each, but you can be a lot quicker if you don't want to do everything the games have to offer (it can take some time to collect all of the stamps/cards and upgrades).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spiegel, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cave Story Plus -- MB-CA0AA7CDBA9E396B - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 6 entrants total.

t1414957459z1.png

from greenlight:

9Ob4GcW.png

��

+кровь
+новый прицел
+новые пули
+музыка

Who could say no to these features?

Dr Dogg

from greenlight:

9Ob4GcW.png

��

I'm not sure if this is a tennis ball going postal or Pac-Man's evil twin brother.

I finished them in about 9 hours each, but you can be a lot quicker if you don't want to do everything the games have to offer (it can take some time to collect all of the stamps/cards and upgrades).

Ah brilliant, thanks. I think the lure of collectables will get the better of me.

I know you're not asking me, but Costume Quest 2 took me 8 hours to finish, same as the first.

I really enjoyed it, but missed the last costume you can get, so if you like to completely complete stuff (cough collect AssCreed Flags cough) then make sure you look that missable costume up.

637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

Truly a masterpiece of our times.

Cinematic, cinemagic masterpiece.
Shame about the resolution cap.

Anteater

Those really, really will be the last I take though as I want to actually play the game and I don't want to spoil anyone past the second mission. Just a shame the cutscenes look so much better than the actual gameplay(which still looks good mind you)

dude activision should get PG to make a kevin spacey character action game, I'll buy the fuck out of it.

Dr Dogg

I know you're not asking me, but Costume Quest 2 took me 8 hours to finish, same as the first.

I really enjoyed it, but missed the last costume you can get, so if you like to completely complete stuff (cough collect AssCreed Flags cough) then make sure you look that missable costume up.

Hahaha you have no idea how close that is to what I spent Friday and yesterday afternoon doing. Was mopping up a few things in Black Flag before Unity comes out and yesterday had an idea for a lengthy post about Watch Dogs and was visting and checking in the hot spots around Chicago.

8-9 hours seems like a nice length for a slow, weekend burn. Cheers.

dude activision should get PG to make a kevin spacey character action game, I'll buy the fuck out of it.

Soooo The Legend of Keyser?

zkylon

zkylewd
No, I'm tired of her face. I don't even know who she is, but I'm tired of seeing her. It doesn't help that JaseC posts at least once every 10 posts in the thread already, let alone everyone posting and quoting posts of pictures of her too. Now we have people assuming shes found a place in all of our hearts by now?

Please stop.
wtf

Peeps from SteamGAF, say hi to Ebi and cross your fingers praying she'll get along fine with good ol' BRODO!

:3

On paper they are basically the same cat: they both are scared of everything, they both purr loudly and they both meow with utter violence while traveling in car.
But hey, I got it from a shelter, I can't possibly now how they'll behave together, I can just hope. ^^
oh wow she's mega cute

i want to like put her in my pocket and take her everywhere!

congrats

209650_2014-11-02_000tduqd.png
No, he looks like one of those creepy wax dolls that everyone ridicules.

Ergh more avatar talk, great. I have the worst luck whenever I choose to look/post in this thread. Please, stop or create an OT for the actress.

No, I'm tired of her face. I don't even know who she is, but I'm tired of seeing her. It doesn't help that JaseC posts at least once every 10 posts in the thread already, let alone everyone posting and quoting posts of pictures of her too. Now we have people assuming shes found a place in all of our hearts by now?

Please stop.
This. The less Seahorse (or whoever the hell others are fawning over) there is, the better.

The Flash

Banned
I've already bought way more games than I was planning to during this Halloween sale. Being a new PC gamer, I don't how I'll survive the Winter sale...

zkylon

zkylewd
I can hum to the music player with unlocked tracks, so cool!
humming was like my favorite thing about transistor

i really wish transistor was always real time, i really hated the way real time felt in it cos it was so sped up so you couldn't really play it that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom