• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Can't wait for the Witcher 3 Digital Foundry. Should be tons of fun.

it's gonna be a bloodbath :p

sterling was the developer all along.

2014-11-02_18-11-58.jpg

Xanathus

I'm about to hit the purchase button on Murdered: Soul Suspect and Walking Dead Season 2, if anyone has any reasons why I shouldn't speak now or forever hold your peace.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mengy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-83A506D126DE98D2

t1414954039z1.png

Yakkue

I finished Costume Quest 2 today and it was an absolute treat.

1w9s4p.png

Costume Quest 2 starts right were the first one (+DLC) left off. The game feels very true to the original, but there are of course a couple of differences.
Creapy treat cards replaced the Battle Stamps from Costume Quest 1. While in battle, you can choose to use a card to affect the battle instead of attacking.
Also new is that you can gain new offensive and defensive abilities by training with a certain person throughout the game, I thought that was a neat feature. Still, the battles felt repetetive overall.
After fights, you can refill your partys health by drinking from fountains or by eating a small amount of the candy you collected.
2lfsig.png

Just like in the first game, costumes take a pivotal role during gameplay. With their individual stats and abilities (in and out of battle) you always have to choose the right costume for the situation. You can upgrade every costume you find in exchange for candy. Among the costumes you can find/create, is the wonderful Candy Corn. Candy Corn can't fight at all. Instead, it entertains you with mildy amusing captions and somewhat draws the attacks of your opponents.
I kept Candy Corn in my party because I wanted to read all of the captions they came up with, and later because even if you're only using 2 party members the game is quite easy (even easier than the first one, I'd say).
The costume actually
comes in quite handy in the final boss fight. Spoilery picture

The story is fun, the writing excellent and the game is consistently funny.
There are a lot of sidequest, like finding children that are hiding or proving your musical talent to the devil.

If you liked the original, you're most probably going to like this one. If you didn't enjoy the first CQ, the sequel won't suddenly win you over.
I personally loved every minute I spend with this game.
ende1wsjk.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great, now my laptop is insta-BSODing upon booting into Windows. Everything I touch dies.

(RIP avatars if the HDD doesn't work in my PC.)

Daily Mercenary Kings 50% off

Bah, now I'm back to having to wait until 2am for the deals to update. Everything sucks!

Shadownet

Banned

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Great, now my laptop is insta-BSODing upon booting into Windows. Everything I touch dies.

(RIP avatars if the HDD doesn't work in my PC.)

Well if you lose them, you get to trawl the internet with a reason for every Saoirse image ever uploaded.

What is the going rate in keys for a copy of The Slaughtering Grounds?

Kiru

I'm kinda annoyed I didn't get a key for Slaughtering Grounds even though I'm in the group for it. They just posted that public link so people who didn't do shit got their key. Just like the Pixel Hunter thing (where I also never received my key even though I was promised one). Why in the hell do you create a group for the Free Key thing if you don't use the Steam API. Had to vent here, fucking morons.

Finished up the main Borderlands 2 DLC last night. I might do a write up about them, but for now I'll say Assault on Dragon Keep was by far the best one.

Right now I have a bit of a dilemma, I'm finishing up my last Fallout 3 run through next, then moving on to New Vegas for the first time. I have it on Steam, but only my fairly weak laptop. I have a copy on 360 that has a scratch I could get cleaned up, and generally 360 games work better for my setup.

So, Mods vs. ease of access (if I can get that scratch cleared up).

EDIT: Whoa, I have no idea whats going on in this save, I'm somewhere in Mothership Zeta, but I havent played this in at least two or three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom