• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Not even kidding you, there are even ten second bursts after you kill certain enemies where it drops below 10 fps, if not completely freezing for a few seconds. It is the worst performing game I've ever played. I started one of the side missions back up the other day after not playing for a few months and suddenly remembered the horror.

Yeah Drakengard 3 performance is awful. Sometimes it slows to a crawl when nothing much is even happening.

It really killed the kind of gameplay they were going for in some places.

Between that and finding the dialogue kind of childish I just kind of gave up on the game.

Nzyme32

steam peak 9,280,165 o_O

Yeah that is a bit weird. Omitting that weird spike, the day peaked at 7.9 million which is pretty crazy. I guess all a part of the Halloween sale, which I thought usually is a lot quieter. Curious to see the numbers for later in the year

Anteater

I'd buy the fuck out out of papa and brother Nier Square-enix.

Just don't fucking region lock that shit like konami and sega do.

Purkake4

Banned
Yeah that is a bit weird. Omitting that weird spike, the day peaked at 7.9 million which is pretty crazy. I guess all a part of the Halloween sale, which I thought usually is a lot quieter. Curious to see the numbers for later in the year
Valve should totally organize an annual Steam day with special items/discounts to up the concurrent players every year.

Hell, just giving out a badge would probably do it for a lot of people.

Anteater

who's your favorite call of duty game gaf

iSXlkFm.jpg

inm8num2

I just paid for a Halloween 14 bundle from IndieGala. Yet I didn't receive a key or anything in my email. what the heck.

If you've bought from them before you should have a profile page, and there would be a list of all the bundles you've bought. If not, then perhaps your order didn't go through unless you were actually charged.

Shadownet

Banned
Halloween is done. They stopped giving keys yesterday.
Wow really? then why would they still have it listed on their website? My paypal was definitely charged $3.50

If you've bought from them before you should have a profile page, and there would be a list of all the bundles you've bought. If not, then perhaps your order didn't go through unless you were actually charged.
Yeah I do have a profile page, but the bundle didn't show up on there either.

tylerf

I haven't played a COD since MW2 but for some reason I have this urge to just buy the new one without knowing much about it.

Anteater

Unrelated, but a friend posted on Facebook a picture of an anteater and I suddenly realized that your nickname is not a series of mispelling for "a theater".

I registered with the name anteater because i thought that dude authorizing the emails was going by alphabetically order, still took like a fucking year.

its fine when its nintendo games tho right?

man i haven't posted in a nintendo thread in a decade

Jadax

I know this is a short and relatively easy game, but it's my first 100%. Enjoyed it a lot, didn't use any hints just a lot of trial and error. Was kind of short, but totally worth the tod.

ukAH61o.jpg

Spiegel

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Basement Collection -- MB-6A737F1122BBDB4B - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 4 entrants total.
Snapshot -- MB-2EB52848FEFAB131 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.

t1414975940z1.png

Anteater

I know this is a short and relatively easy game, but it's my first 100%. Enjoyed it a lot, didn't use any hints just a lot of trial and error. Was kind of short, but totally worth the tod.

ukAH61o.jpg

yea that's probably my first 100% game as well on steam

Nabs

Well time to buy it for Infinite. edit. Not showing so cheaply for me.

Yeah, I was just talking about the Hexcells Bundle (Hexcells + Plus). It's the best value for most people, and will keep 'em busy until Infinite is properly discounted.

$2.49 for the Hexcells Bundle is a hell of a deal.

Yeah it is. Thanks again peakish for giving it away. Just spent 35 minutes with the first one and it's great. Wonderful music and just the right amount of puzzle thinking this time at night.

When I have the money I'm going to buy Hexcells Infinite.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd really like to play as brother nier

i'm surprised they actually went through the trouble changing it for the english version
daddy nier works pretty ok anyways

but yeah after getting all the endings once i don't think would bother with it again unless i can play as nii-chan nier :p

i already got all the endings in drakengard, i can endure tedium but still

I guess I'll buy the Hexcells bundle.

do_it.gif

Jokes aside, if puzzle games are your cup of tea, you're in for a treat.

Play the first one first, that's a sort of tutorial for Hexcells Plus.

Only downside, the second one could do with a sort of save feature, since the levels take a lot of time.

Anteater

daddy nier works pretty ok anyways

but yeah after getting all the endings once i don't think would bother with it again unless i can play as nii-chan :p

the subtle 1 liner romance dialogue between nier and kaine towards the end might be a little bit less weird though

just a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom