• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was plenty of terrible dialogue and raging patriotism before that scene that had me laughing but that scene didn't even register as being particularly silly. Military funerals are a thing and it's done to set up Spacey's character. You can walk around for a bit and listen to people talk which is why the prompt is there. The thing that is REALLY silly is that a lot of people die on that mission but only your mate is getting the big shebang.

Time for a 190-game giveaway. Had a lot of games and fun out of SteamGAF, just want to try and give something back again.

I believe that all these keys are unused - if you get a redeemed key, please accept my apologies.

Sheeeeeyit, niice.

Bought The Long Dark. Really good game so far, even though it's somewhat bare-bones right now. Totally worth $15. It can be too easy with how supplies are loaded into the world (which is what I'm experiencing right now. TWO hunting knifes, wtf!). Art style is awesome, reminds me of The Walking Dead games. Mod tools = ultimate desire for it. Mods could be absolutely amazing for this game.

I hope Drakengard 3 never comes to steam. That sub 15 FPS gameplay is
so_good.gif

Jawmuncher

Thanks Guys

Aren't you supposed to be away for two weeks?

Well technically i'm still out.
I had to come back for some work on actual post and it requires me spending the night. The entire exercise should be done by Wednesday though.
I said two weeks since the exercise could still MAYBE hopefully not be extended to that.

Jawmuncher if you leave enough times Dino Crisis is bound to pop up at some point.

That would be something to come back to.
I'm loving these last minute game announcements.
On PC they're a perfect fit.

In another news Sanitarium is now on steam too, a bit overshadowed by VC, still pretty big news

That is pretty cool. But I already have it on GOG.
Need to play it still.

Arthea

I hope Drakengard 3 never comes to steam. That sub 15 FPS gameplay is
http://actionfigurecanada.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/so_good.gif?w=450[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure you are kidding, are you?
[SPOILER]If it's really 15 fps, I need to remember not to buy it on PS3[/SPOILER]

Maniac

Banned
So I just got $40 from my aunt today, came from Florida to visit.

Should I blow all the money on games and be like Bernardo, or on hookers and cocaine?

dilemma.
All you need is 5-10 for the hookers assuming you're not going penthouse-level of quality. The rest can be used on Bad Rats and cocaine.
I can wait for it to get to $5 GotY version
Don't think it'll happend anytime soon unless the game has awful numbers. The plan sounds like it'll be a multi-year game, with lots of post-release content and stuffs.

Today is Dunder 28th birthday. You all better drop him a "Happy Birthday" at the very least. OR ELSE!
You'll get on my shit list.
Am I not already on there?

Yeah, after the Winter Sale I plan on buying a 3TB external to replace the full 1TB one I have that will then become a backup drive, but my luck being what it is, of course my SSD couldn't wait until then to die.

I just send nudes to myself. :p
Giggity giggity geeewww!

And sorry about the SSD, that sucks. I'd be heartbroken, my 850 Pro is my everything. I do need a large HDD though... My internal HDD is only 600 gigs, external is 1TB; good thing my SSD is quite sizeable.

She does grow on me.
She'd make one hell of a mole.
Ergh more avatar talk, great. I have the worst luck whenever I choose to look/post in this thread. Please, stop or create an OT for the actress.

No, I'm tired of her face. I don't even know who she is, but I'm tired of seeing her. It doesn't help that JaseC posts at least once every 10 posts in the thread already, let alone everyone posting and quoting posts of pictures of her too. Now we have people assuming shes found a place in all of our hearts by now?

Please stop.

Well go and post in there... it's getting beyond a joke.
Calm down and just take in the beauty. Just taaakeeee it in. Inhale it. Shoot it into your veins. You need it. You need her in your veins

Thanks a lot for the congratulations you guys, really appreciate it and the day already starting great!
Sure have to set up a speedrunners event and celebrate the day :)
Be ready to go fast!
Happy birthday, congratulations! You're now closer to your inevitable demise than ever before. Hope you're having a good day! :p
A more fair representation of how AW looks now that the shader cache issue is fixed.

Lighting is a bit flat at times but in general it looks pretty good. Not as much as the initial impressions though as the cutscenes seem to use a lot more depth of field effects which make it look nicer.
Top-most's blood looks ripped from google. 10/10 would buy.

Or really, the blood splatter looks like marmelade or jelly, but uh, well, you know. It's probably the, uh, nanosu... Um, exosuits way of notifying you that you're hurt because you're drugged and feel nothing; spewing jelly in your face. Or so I hope.

I'm not even sure you are kidding, are you?
If it's really 15 fps, I need to remember not to buy it on PS3
Not even kidding you, there are even ten second bursts after you kill certain enemies where it drops below 10 fps, if not completely freezing for a few seconds. It is the worst performing game I've ever played. I started one of the side missions back up the other day after not playing for a few months and suddenly remembered the horror.

I finished Costume Quest 2 today and it was an absolute treat.[...]
Thanks for the impressions. Now your cornageddon in my activity feed makes more sense.
I got the first one just yesterday gifted by a good friend. Really like the cute artstyle.
A more fair representation of how AW looks now that the shader cache issue is fixed.
Lighting is a bit flat at times but in general it looks pretty good. Not as much as the initial impressions though as the cutscenes seem to use a lot more depth of field effects which make it look nicer.
Looks ok but from the trailers I hoped the campaign to look much better. Are you able to record and upload videos on Gamersyde? The quality they're offering is really good. And I feel COD:AW is one of those games which look much, much better in motion than stills.
209650_2014-11-02_000fhsb5.png

Mr Spacey!
This looks so bad. The background is so stale. And generally the faces are not up to what Activision showed some months ago in one of their tech videos.
Someone please stop me from buying CoD.
The trailers are better than the game. But wait, that's with almost every game?!
1) To the best of my knowledge our schedules haven't clashed. I just jump off whenever he comes back online.
2) I could play my games in Offline Mode (Valve disabled Family Sharing in Offline Mode yonks ago), but I'd prefer to have my playtime tracked.
So if someone on your FS dl'd a game, it would be impossible to start it in offline mode? Oh damn, Valve thought of everything.
I know it's possible to being logged in Steam Client on multiple PCs but is it also possible to play games then. No FS, straight up giving my login info to say, my cousin and we both play at the same time. Logic says it shouldn't be possible but since concurrent logins are allowed the thought just came up.

Also. How are your preparations going on for Unity? Did you install your old 670 for Physx already? A couple weeks ago I saw some Nvidia slides about Unity having special features.
Time for a 190-game giveaway. Had a lot of games and fun out of SteamGAF, just want to try and give something back again.
Woah. Several I am eyeing. Thanks buddy.

Welcome Jawmuncher. even if only for a day ;)

Looks ok but from the trailers I hoped the campaign to look much better. Are you able to record and upload videos on Gamersyde? The quality they're offering is really good. And I feel COD:AW is one of those games which look much, much better in motion than stills.

This looks so bad. The background is so stale. And generally the faces are not up to what Activision showed some months ago in one of their tech videos.
The military funeral area has really bad LoD issues. Faces of the main characters are very good though, especially in motion. And while I could upload videos to gamersyde I am playing on Veteran so it'd be a lot of deaths :p

Anteater

You're playing on PC right? Isn't that the Special Edition version? Ie the one with the toned down difficulty.

yea but special edition came out on ps2 too! (that's the one i've played), the original was pretty crazy though not only it's harder but i think you have to buy continue else you have to repeat the entire level if you die at the boss.

Arthea

Not even kidding you, there are even ten second bursts after you kill certain enemies where it drops below 10 fps, if not completely freezing for a few seconds. It is the worst performing game I've ever played. I started one of the side missions back up the other day after not playing for a few months and suddenly remembered the horror.

Thanks for posting this, saved me some money and sanity.
I only need not to forget this (><)

The military funeral area has really bad LoD issues. Faces of the main characters are very good though, especially in motion. And while I could upload videos to gamersyde I am playing on Veteran so it'd be a lot of deaths :p
You always start playing games at highest difficulty? Only ever played MW on console and it was just boring and also cheap on higher difficulty for me. I had much more fun on normal. Like a b-movie in game form.

You always start playing games at highest difficulty? Only ever played MW on console and it was just boring and also cheap on higher difficulty for me. I had much more fun on normal. Like a b-movie in game form.
I've finished every Call of Duty game on Veteran, even fucking World At War with its garbage grenade spam. It can't stop now! The Black Ops games aren't too bad about it. Makes you play the games in a different ways, in the earlier games you'd rely a lot more on smoke grenades to move forward while in the more recent entries you just have to be a lot quicker in general.

Jawmuncher

I've finished every Call of Duty game on Veteran, even fucking World At War with its garbage grenade spam. It can't stop now! The Black Ops games aren't too bad about it. Makes you play the games in a different ways, in the earlier games you'd rely a lot more on smoke grenades to move forward while in the more recent entries you just have to be a lot quicker in general.

Spam doesn't even qualify for what that was.

Dr Dogg

So technically 10% of Steam plays DotA2 constantly? Even more crazy is if LoL was only on Steam and came with it's same concurent player count added to the user base then that figure would shoot up to 75% playing that above everything else at all times.

"Double tap space and then unbound for boost slam."

Double tap and release? Or double tap then go into the options and unbind the key?

peakish

I found Plus a little more difficult than Infinite, but Infinite has the seeded random puzzles which are nice to dip into once a day or so :) Great series!
Just picked Infinite up, should be fun! To celebrate:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (peakish, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Hexcells and Hexcells Plus -- MB-9251C246EF11FDBA - Taken by Cozmogramma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom