• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anybody see a COD sale happening any time soon? Been thinking of getting Blops 2 because outside of MW I hear that's the best on PC.
Your best bet is to keep an eye open on Black Friday and hope you can get a physical copy for cheap from a retailer.

Anybody see a COD sale happening any time soon?
Xyc6ZIR.gif

They might be discounted by some small amount, but not anything I would consider a "sale".

Anteater

still pretty weird tho lol

i was rooting for emil anyways

Emil had it worse no matter how you look at it.

but at least he still has one of the best theme songs after kaine so whatever

anyway somebody please tell square enix there are a lot of weirdos that will appreciate nier and drakengard on steam

Hinomura

am I the only one who is getting continuosly redirected to obvious fake/shady sites while surfing on gaf?

I had the same problem. Probably it's just ads that open a new page over the current page.
Since it's okay now I think those ads have been banned.

Shadownet

Banned
So why does Call of Duty games player base drop off so quickly? I just saw that Black Ops 2 drop from 18 thousands people to a couple of thousands within months.

Hey SteamGAF,

Total OT, but I wanted to say that I'm going to block GAF and a bunch of other sites on my computer until I've finished my degree's final project. I love GAF too much, and I've spent so many hours distracting myself instead of actually working. Hell, I'd even feel better about myself if I actually posted a bunch or played videogames instead of refreshing the same threads for hours :lol I'll still read it from my phone on the bus and a couple of other places, because I need to keep tabs on all those price mistakes :p

I know nobody cares, I'm just writing this as a way of forcing myself to actually do it and not unblock them again in a couple of hours… I doubt I'll make it, but oh well. I didn't want to ask for a ban since I don't even post that much.

See you next month!

AHA-Lambda

So why does Call of Duty games player base drop off so quickly? I just saw that Black Ops 2 drop from 18 thousands people to a couple of thousands within months.

Just think the PC playerbase as a whole sees much better and ultimately cheaper alternatives.

MUnited83

For you.
release a game without a server list/possibility of hosting servers and the population will quickly go away.

zkylon

zkylewd
Emil had it worse no matter how you look at it.

but at least he still has one of the best theme songs after kaine so whatever
i think emil's song is my favorite in the game after radiant winds (which is by default everyone's favorite). kaine's is great too but emil's just does things to my heart

anyway somebody please tell square enix there are a lot of weirdos that will appreciate nier and drakengard on steam

ihNvKWUSzMJ12.gif

alright! weirdo high five!

playerbase is super fragmented thanks to annual releases that never get decent sales and expensive dlc

basically activision willingly sabotages every call of duty so you buy the next one

Shadownet

Banned
Advanced Warfare doesn't come with dedicated servers? Come on.. I thought they would have that by now.

I want to get the game but I feel like the install base would drop to like 5000 in a month and it would be incredibly hard to find people to play with.

Advanced Warfare doesn't come with dedicated servers? Come on.. I thought they would have that by now.

I want to get the game but I feel like the install base would drop to like 5000 in a month and it would be incredibly hard to find people to play with.
I don't ever expect dedicated servers to come back.

Anybody see a COD sale happening any time soon? Been thinking of getting Blops 2 because outside of MW I hear that's the best on PC.

The last time I saw a good COD sale, was 4 years ago, Summer of 2010. All COD games up until that time (so up to MW2) for 27 euros. I think it was a weekend sale.

No good sale since then, and that's why I still don't have the first Black Ops (and the newer games after that). Which sucks, because all I like playing is the campaign, and yet they don't even give us the option to only buy the single-player portion of the game.

Anteater

i think emil's song is my favorite in the game after radiant winds (which is by default everyone's favorite). kaine's is great too but emil's just does things to my heart

ihNvKWUSzMJ12.gif

alright! weirdo high five!

i think all the songs were great but emil's theme stood out after listening to the piano collection, it's also played towards the end of the game for popola & devola, man i'd kill for a steam release and a soundtrack

i'm sure jasec would like it too

Strider

I was watching a stream to see what the game looked like and a few times I noticed the host migration screens and "could not migrate host" error message. I was honestly really surprised at first because I thought with ghosts they finally added dedicated servers for all versions and that was here to stay. I was wrong.

There was a very slim chance I was buying this game to begin with but once I saw that it went to 0%.

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty excited to be able to play Valkyria Chronicles 1.

I played and beat VC2 and absolutely loved it.
One of my all time favorite PSP games and hell games in general.

EDIT:VC 1 does have saves

Erekiddo

I already own Typing of the Dead but I want the DLC.

If I buy the combo pack, will the base game I already own go into my inventory? I want to gift it to a friend.

Nabs

Xbox One should have DS right?

It's going to be like Ghosts where they say it's using a form of DS, but are lying out of their asses.

Treyarch is the only one left to give us real dedicated servers on PC, even if it's hidden behind matchmaking. My experience with Blops 2 has been significantly more enjoyable without dickhead server admins.

Hey SteamGAF,...
See you next month!
Good Luck and see you in a month!

On COD prices. Since Acti won't put higher than 50% discounts on Steam, they should at least make physical collections which are steamworks. That way we could get cheap (~10€) physical copies of 1-2+ year old CODs and still have them on Steam as well.
I really don't understand Activision. They can't be making much money with anything pre BLOPS2, so why keep price high+low discounts?

rtcn63

In my native language, CODAW sounds like the word for penis. I know this because we use to frequent Caldors in the old days.

Shadownet

Banned
I already own Typing of the Dead but I want the DLC.

If I buy the combo pack, will the base game I already own go into my inventory? I want to gift it to a friend.

I'm 99% it won't give you a gift copy. Only some Valve games does that. Like that Valve bundle that has like all the CS games, and Half-Life games.

tmarg

Good Luck and see you in a month!

On COD prices. Since Acti won't put higher than 50% discounts on Steam, they should at least make physical collections which are steamworks. That way we could get cheap (~10€) physical copies of 1-2+ year old CODs and still have them on Steam as well.
I really don't understand Activision. They can't be making much money with anything pre BLOPS2, so why keep price high+low discounts?

I don't think acti want active communities on their older titles. There is more money to be made forcing players to stay current than there is in selling a few copies of older titles at a huge discount. That may change as COD's popularity wanes though.

Wok

Hey SteamGAF,

Total OT, but I wanted to say that I'm going to block GAF and a bunch of other sites on my computer until I've finished my degree's final project. I love GAF too much, and I've spent so many hours distracting myself instead of actually working. Hell, I'd even feel better about myself if I actually posted a bunch or played videogames instead of refreshing the same threads for hours :lol I'll still read it from my phone on the bus and a couple of other places, because I need to keep tabs on all those price mistakes :p

I know nobody cares, I'm just writing this as a way of forcing myself to actually do it and not unblock them again in a couple of hours… I doubt I'll make it, but oh well. I didn't want to ask for a ban since I don't even post that much.

See you next month!

See you in a month, we do care! Keep the motivation up!

Jawmuncher

Hey SteamGAF,

See you next month!

See you on the other side.
until then hope your degree project goes well.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think all the songs were great but emil's theme stood out after listening to the piano collection, it's also played towards the end of the game for popola & devola, man i'd kill for a steam release and a soundtrack

i'm sure jasec would like it too

yeah i dunno what it is about that song but really gives me the emotions

gets me all teared up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom