• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey SteamGAF,

Total OT, but I wanted to say that I'm going to block GAF and a bunch of other sites on my computer until I've finished my degree's final project. I love GAF too much, and I've spent so many hours distracting myself instead of actually working. Hell, I'd even feel better about myself if I actually posted a bunch or played videogames instead of refreshing the same threads for hours :lol I'll still read it from my phone on the bus and a couple of other places, because I need to keep tabs on all those price mistakes :p

I know nobody cares, I'm just writing this as a way of forcing myself to actually do it and not unblock them again in a couple of hours… I doubt I'll make it, but oh well. I didn't want to ask for a ban since I don't even post that much.

See you next month!

See ya later.

Maniac

Banned
Watching Fanto's Farming Sim vid... Holy fuck, it has multiplayer? Also amazing graphics. What a zen motherfucker of a game. I need it in my life. Nay, in my veins.

Anyway, is there a utility out there that I can use to search my inventory for cards above a set price-point? It's taking ages sorting through every single one of these 1200-ish cards... Damn you Shackles, damn you and your beautiful magic. >_<'

So why does Call of Duty games player base drop off so quickly? I just saw that Black Ops 2 drop from 18 thousands people to a couple of thousands within months.

because the next one came out.

Hey SteamGAF,

See you next month!

Good luck dude!

I'm pretty excited to be able to play Valkyria Chronicles 1.

I played and beat VC2 and absolutely loved it.
One of my all time favorite PSP games and hell games in general.

EDIT:VC 1 does have saves

Welcome back!

Reg

Banned
Hey SteamGAF,

Total OT, but I wanted to say that I'm going to block GAF and a bunch of other sites on my computer until I've finished my degree's final project. I love GAF too much, and I've spent so many hours distracting myself instead of actually working. Hell, I'd even feel better about myself if I actually posted a bunch or played videogames instead of refreshing the same threads for hours :lol I'll still read it from my phone on the bus and a couple of other places, because I need to keep tabs on all those price mistakes :p

I know nobody cares, I'm just writing this as a way of forcing myself to actually do it and not unblock them again in a couple of hours… I doubt I'll make it, but oh well. I didn't want to ask for a ban since I don't even post that much.

See you next month!

Good luck on your project, bro.

Made a Gabe head in Mount Your Friends. Had a good time playing some with my family, it's a great party game.

gpnxhy.png

2 minutes of amazing Advanced Warfare footage at 60 FPS :p
Link
First time using gamersyde to actually upload anything

Edit: Nevermind, it didn't upload properly and seems to be locked at 30. Oh well :p

Hey SteamGAF,

See you next month!

good luck with your project sir :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spiegel, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Basement Collection -- MB-6A737F1122BBDB4B - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 4 entrants total.
Snapshot -- MB-2EB52848FEFAB131 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.

t1414975940z1.png

Kiru

Watching Fanto's Farming Sim vid... Holy fuck, it has multiplayer? Also amazing graphics. What a zen motherfucker of a game. I need it in my life. Nay, in my veins.

Anyway, is there a utility out there that I can use to search my inventory for cards above a set price-point? It's taking ages sorting through every single one of these 1200-ish cards... Damn you Shackles, damn you and your beautiful magic. >_<'
http://steam.tools/itemvalue/

Aaron D.

You know farming simulator 15 looks like it would be fun with wife and friends. Is there a separate server executable that can be left up and running?

Yup. FS supports 24/7 dedicated servers.

Though I haven't messed with it myself, so I don't how complicated it is to setup.

valouris

Random question. I remember some time ago a demo of a beautiful sprite-based indie 2D metroidvania with a girl lead character holding something like a wrench. Anyone remember what it was called and what happened to it? It was quite long ago so it should have released by now.

MUnited83

For you.
Random question. I remember some time ago a demo of a beautiful sprite-based indie 2D metroidvania with a girl lead character holding something like a wrench. Anyone remember what it was called and what happened to it? It was quite long ago so it should have released by now.

They Bleed Pixels? Not exactly a metroidvania though.

rtcn63

Crypt of the Necrodancer?

Miguel81

Is it Iconoclasts or something like?

Jawmuncher

Crypt of the Necrodancer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZE7kGax7Ds
icono01.gif

http://www.konjak.org/?folder=4&file=30

valouris

No, not that. I remember it was one guy and he had completed the first section which he released, asking for more funding.

edit: yes it was iconoclasts, I found it with my first google search... shouldn't have been too lazy. The guy hasn't updated for over a year, a real shame. This looked really promising, for my tastes at least.

rtcn63

No, not that. I remember it was one guy and he had completed the first section which he released, asking for more funding.

Is it that one where there was controversy because he altered the art style of the characters from the originally advertised product?

SpeedRunners Competition!

Time to have the last competitions for tonight, I'm challenging anyone that wants to go up against me.
You win a free game of my pick (it wont be crap) if you manage to beat me, no limit.
Offical maps only of course.

1. Dunder
2. Remij
5. Everyone

Quote or PM if you want in!

Miguel81

For some damn reason The Evil Within demo has been performing much better on my PC, and I actually made it up to Chapter 3 without barfing -- odd I tell ya. o_O

Time to have the last competitions for tonight, I'm challenging anyone that wants to go up against me.
You win a free game of my pick (it wont be crap) if you manage to beat me, no limit.

1. Dunder
2. Everyone

Quote or PM if you want in!

lemme in that bish

Nabs

Has anyone here played Super Comboman? Does it get better? Will unlocking more items/moves make this game less frustrating? Do they add more insta-kill spikes in later levels?

edit: yes it was iconoclasts, I found it with my first google search... shouldn't have been too lazy. The guy hasn't updated for over a year, a real shame. This looked really promising, for my tastes at least.

He doesn't update his site too much, it's better to you follow his tumblr http://konjakonjak.tumblr.com/

Miguel81

Has anyone here played Super Comboman? Does it get better? Will unlocking more items/moves make this game less frustrating? Do they add more insta-kill spikes in later levels?

It looks very Viewtiful Joe-ish. Is that how it plays, too?

Turfster

It sounds and looks like one of those "git gud" "NES games were balls hard and so great" games, so it's probably only going to get more frustrating.

no , no and yes , horrible game , wanted to like it so much but the game is just too bad

I had a spare - get it for the +1 to your library:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Magicka Wizard Wars -- MB-19033CCCB7A3D86B - Taken by Jawmuncher

r3n4ud

no , no and yes , horrible game , wanted to like it so much but the game is just too bad

100% agree. I bought the game day one since Adult Swim Games have been all great. But shit, this game is not good. I really wanted to like it, but it's dull. I've yet to finish it, but I'm in no rush to do so :(

2 minutes of amazing Advanced Warfare footage at 60 FPS :p
Link
First time using gamersyde to actually upload anything
Edit: Nevermind, it didn't upload properly and seems to be locked at 30. Oh well :p
Thanks for this. Looks really good in motion. All that futuristic weapons, gadgets remind me of titanfall. But it looks much cleaner.
No kidding you are playing on veteran. Screen's getting red all the time. Makes me frustrated even watching, hah. Gamersyde really is the sh**. Super high-quality videos. Really makes no sense to me to watch gameplay vids on youtube since its low bitrate makes it impossible to see any detail. But your video was very good in that regard.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for D3RANG3D:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Sanctuary RPG -- MB-E3CE1C9DFFAA18C2 - Taken by Benedict

Good games Dunder, Dot, and isoefe

till next time :)

Anyone been playing the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition that dropped out of nowhere? Never finished the game back in the day as I preferred the more narrative driven approach of Balder's Gate so I've always wanted to get back into it. How's the re-release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom