• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
civ 5 is so much fun. I declared war against some douche who told everyone that i was a jackoff. Must've been cause I made a city near his capital but i don't care.(cause you know, smd, I'll settle a city where ever the fuck i feel like it). So i get like 3 warriors, 2 spearmen and 1 archer unit over to the capital and by the time i reached it i lost 2 warriors, both spearmen and the archer and i hardly made a dent to the capital so i was like nope and ran off to save my last warrior unit. A few turns later he wants peace and i got him to give me 2 gold every turn, 26 gold up front and open boarders. I came out of that pretty good :3

iosefe

civ 5 is so much fun. I declared war against some douche who told everyone that i was a jackoff. Must've been cause I made a city near his capital but i don't care.(cause you know, smd, I'll settle a city where ever the fuck i feel like it). So i get like 3 warriors, 2 spearmen and 1 archer unit over to the capital and by the time i reached it i lost 2 warriors, both spearmen and the archer and i hardly made a dent to the capital so i was like nope and ran off to save my last warrior unit. A few turns later he wants peace and i got him to give me 2 gold every turn, 26 gold up front and open boarders. I came out of that pretty good :3

but at what cost?

WHAT COST!?!?

but at what cost?

WHAT COST!?!?

it wasn't that bad cause i finally got iron and was able to make swordsman so it was time for some upgrades anyway. I would've preferred to just upgrade em immediately by taking em back home but the thing is that i would've been on his boarders so he would've just shot em down anyway. I also forgot to mention that a barbarian ship came before i started my assault(his capital was near water tiles) and I was like YAAAAASSS but the guy made the ship his bitch, took it down in 1 turn :/ . i took 2 of his worker units too, the bastard still owes me 3 more units :3 I'll be back for him soon.
tumblr_mjtgxkPNk61rdutw3o1_400.gif

Tenrius

Anyone had issues with Painkiller: Hell and Damnation crashing their computer entirely when changing resolutions?

I didn't try launching Hell and Damnation, but I had a major issue with Black Edition, the game didn't work at all. It just launched some process that worked in the background, never getting anywhere. Probably unrelated to your case, of course.

fallout

Anyone been playing the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition that dropped out of nowhere? Never finished the game back in the day as I preferred the more narrative driven approach of Balder's Gate so I've always wanted to get back into it. How's the re-release?
Given the issues with the BG Enhanced Editions, I'm going to wait awhile.

Hell and Damnation seems to have crazy performance issues, goes from 144FPS to 90-110 any time action occurs. It's a two year old game that doesn't look mindblowing so my 780Ti should have no issues :/

Holding the beam on the saw gun makes it fluctuate between 90-120 seemingly at random.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hell and Damnation seems to have crazy performance issues, goes from 144FPS to 90-110 any time action occurs. It's a two year old game that doesn't look mindblowing so my 780Ti should have no issues :/

Holding the beam on the saw gun makes it fluctuate between 90-120 seemingly at random.

It's a small dev working with UE3, those unoptimized sorts of things tend to happen.

Cross posting from the monthly Indie thread

Lovely Planet is so good! I haven't played a twitch FPS before (does the original HL count?) but I'm really enjoying my time spent with the game. The levels are short but are focused on you finishing them in the shortest time possible while defeating all the baddies. The gameplay is fast and precise and the lack of crosshair add a bit more of difficult to the game, and while it can be frustrating being hit by one of these shooting cubes or missing an apple I did find myself running on previous levels trying to improve my time.

From what little info I could get it was made all (except the music) by one person, an India based developer but I have no more info about he/she.

Edit: And it's cheap right now ($1.49)

Nabs

Cross posting from the monthly Indie thread

Edit: And it's cheap right now ($1.49)

Lovely Planet is great. Don't let the look fool you, this game is tough.

I've been trying to place high on my friends leaderboard (damn you NIN90), while maintaining 100% accuracy. It feels great when you finally master a level.

zkylon

zkylewd
k i bought lovely planet

so cheap and goofy, i'll probably give up really early but worth a shot

I'm glad the gameplay clicked with me, gonna put it on my GOTY list.

this year was weird for me

neither transistor nor mgr r clicked with me which is weird cos both games are made by studios who's previous games i've really liked and aren't really all that different from them

but still neither did for one reason or another

it's weird

Lovely Planet is great. Don't let the look fool you, this game is tough.

I've been trying to place high on my friends leaderboard (damn you NIN90), while maintaining 100% accuracy. It feels great when you finally master a level.

The game is tough and I have the reflexes of a 60 year old. XD

I didn't know this was on sale (I blame the semi-crappy sale layout).

Insta-bought it and the soundtrack. I've been looking forward to playing it, so this seems like a great time to add it to my backlog.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm also hating the new sales layout, I only discovered it was on sale because I was browsing my wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom