• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Oh wow, I just noticed the Alpha Kimori news straight up tells you each card drop takes 30 minutes. I wish more developers shared that information.
Well indie devs on Steam should be well aware by now that the majority of people who get their games after they get bundled only idle them and never actually play them.

The Steam skin Pressure went into open beta a few days ago so I installed and am really impressed with how it looks, I was really excited for it since I saw the initial images of it floating around.

dxe7LG2.png

EDIT: Here's the github link to download it yourself if you like, also make sure to install the font as instructed.

I only paid 14 dollars for the season pass <3

Zombie mode has always been something that set the Treyarch games apart though. There was no reason to expect it to be a part of the main game going by franchise history. It has a campaign, massive multiplayer suite, and a coop mode of its own. It's hardly a game that's been ripped apart.

Spyware

The Steam skin Pressure went into open beta a few days ago so I installed and am really impressed with how it looks, I was really excited for it since I saw the initial images of it floating around.
Oooh. I like it. Not enough to switch out my Metro skin (I just adore Metro, especially the latest versions) but I'm gonna keep an eye on this one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

Shadownet

Banned

Oooh me likey. Thanks. I'll try it out tomorrow. I've been using Metro for too long. Could use a bit of change.

Oooh. I like it. Not enough to switch out my Metro skin (I just adore Metro, especially the latest versions) but I'm gonna keep an eye on this one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

I need to give that new Metro skin a try, it hear it's nice.

EDIT: Installed the new Metro and the new Air both a really nice.

MaLDo

Has Advanced Warfare a "Day Zero" icon in steam for everyone?

Mine has that "Day Zero" icon, but says "- Retail (ROW)" in the account details. The game is not unlocked yet. I'm reading it right?

BTW, BlazeRush is a blast. So awesome.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I like the Metro skin, don't think I'll be changing it out for Pressure although more good looking skins are always a good thing.

Haven't ever played a CoD game, but then I'm not usually a big multiplayer games guy. I'm always vaguely interested in the single player story, but never enough to warrant actually buying the games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Mine has that "Day Zero" icon, but says "- Retail (ROW)" in the account details. The game is not unlocked yet. I'm reading it right?

Yeah, Grid View images are tied to apps themselves and Call of Doggy: Advanced Woofare has just the two (one for SP and another for MP).

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition Retail (RoW)
And yeah, I have the icon you mentioned.
Game is unlocked for me but I'm in the US.

MaLDo

Yeah, Grid View images are tied to apps themselves and Call of Doggy: Advanced Woofare has just the two (one for SP and another for MP).

So mine is not Day Zero edition, right? It will say Day Zero in my account details otherway?

Dr Dogg

I just don't remember enemies going crazy if you failed to knock off a limb or shot them in the head. Took longer, but they didn't suddenly become crimson heads or anything. It's not like I was ever really low on ammo in the first two games, although it's certainly a matter of being careful wheres in Dead Space 3 you can spray.

The Slasher type enemies if you headshotted them would act like Garador's out of Resi 4 and charge at you flailing their arms at you. On Hard difficulty you'd lose a good chunk of health if caught on Impossible you were pretty much dead unless you reacted quickly. The Pregnant necromorphs would explode and release a shit load of Swamers at you if you shot it in the head or torso region. Exploders charge you down and suicide explode right in front of you where as the arm can be exploded or served in one shot. Dividers will keep on splitting if not focusing on key areas making it much harder work. Even something like the Brutes it was easier to use their own bomb attack against them using kinesis than wasting your ammo where the big necros in 3 you had plenty of ammo to spare and could be effective just whaling on them regardless of weapon type. There's more but I feel the first two focused on a more thoughtful slower pace in the encounters where as 3 went fuck it and made every enemy a shooting target with not a lot of subtly.

So mine is not Day Zero edition, right? It will say Day Zero in my account details otherway?
Ah ok, I see what you meant. And it seems not! All you're losing is two weapons you can unlock anyway and bonus xp for today.
The Slasher type enemies if you headshotted them would act like Garador's out of Resi 4 and charge at you flailing their arms at you. On Hard difficulty you'd lose a good chunk of health if caught on Impossible you were pretty much dead unless you reacted quickly. The Pregnant necromorphs would explode and release a shit load of Swamers at you if you shot it in the head or torso region. Exploders charge you down and suicide explode right in front of you where as the arm can be exploded or served in one shot. Dividers will keep on splitting if not focusing on key areas making it much harder work. Even something like the Brutes it was easier to use their own bom attack against them using kinesis than wasting your ammo where the big necros in 3 you had plenty to spare and could be effective just whaling on them. There's more but I feel the first two focused on a more thoughtful slower pace in the encounters where as 3 went fuck it and made every enemy a shooting target with not a lot of subtly.
The first two games are certainly more deliberately paced and given your more limited arsenal such things are made more noticeable. I think most of that was still in 3, but again given the amount of power you have it's not always obvious. However as I mentioned on the last page it was balanced out by making the enemies far more aggressive. Your basic grunts would run at you at insane speeds instead of taking their sweet time. Enemies also took a lot more force/specific stasis usage to stun later on. Dead Space 3 certainly has very different pacing, and the alterations to the gameplay model to go along with it. I thought it was a nice change of pace given the similarities between the first two. Really had a grand sense of scale and the set pieces felt pretty varied. Still, it's hard to not imagine how much better the game would have been if the side missions had unique areas. Going through recycled room after recycled room got rather tiresome.

Varg

Banned
Damn that hit detection so far on cod has been phenomenal. I was worried about the gun sounds before release but they sounded nice and meaty in my headset. So far so good on the game. Can't wait to get home tonight to dig deeper into the streaks.

I just don't remember enemies going crazy if you failed to knock off a limb or shot them in the head. Took longer, but they didn't suddenly become crimson heads or anything. It's not like I was ever really low on ammo in the first two games, although it's certainly a matter of being careful wheres in Dead Space 3 you can spray.

Abundant universal ammo + rocket launchers is never a particularly strong design choice.

KiraFA37

dxe7LG2.png

EDIT: Here's the github link to download it yourself if you like, also make sure to install the font as instructed.

Or I'm blind or you forgot the github link in your edit. You can download the skin from here:https://github.com/DirtDiglett/Pressure-for-Steam
Looks very clean, I'm currently checking it out.

Enco

http://i.imgur.com/dxe7LG2.png[/I MG]

EDIT: Here's the github link to download it yourself if you like, also make sure to install the font as instructed.[/QUOTE]
That's one of the nicer themes I've seen.

I prefer the simplicity of Metro though.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/r6KN15h.png

Abundant universal ammo + rocket launchers is never a particularly strong design choice.
You are practically drowning in Plama bullets even on hard in Dead Space 1 and 2. Of course universal ammo does make it entirely action focused in most instances. Dead Space 3 feels, and is a different game but I thought they balanced out the ammo with the changes to enemy movement. Don't really remember rocket launchers.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Damn, I'm not sure if my PC can handle the Binding of Isaac Rebirth Soundtrack. Those requirements are a bit over the top :/

seO9rlx.png

I really like Bananas, so I guess I need to upgrade soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom