• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The Steam skin Pressure went into open beta a few days ago so I installed and am really impressed with how it looks, I was really excited for it since I saw the initial images of it floating around.

dxe7LG2.png

EDIT: Here's the github link to download it yourself if you like, also make sure to install the font as instructed.
Not bad, but PixelVision is still king.

I don't see my GeForce 9800 GTX+ here :(

Arthea

Games aren't greenlit in batches anymore? And the last one was back in August?

Huh.

even worse, most of the time we can't even see what's greenlit, unless we upvoted or favourited it, then we can, as it was the case with Final Dusk for me.

edited: for example 21 game were greenlit in last 4 days, but I know only about 3 of those:
Concrete Jungle
Final Dusk
Basement

Derp

The Steam skin Pressure went into open beta a few days ago so I installed and am really impressed with how it looks, I was really excited for it since I saw the initial images of it floating around.

dxe7LG2.png

EDIT: Here's the github link to download it yourself if you like, also make sure to install the font as instructed.

TIL there are skins for Steam...

Anything ELSE i should know?!
f-this-panda.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh they changed it alight, only we don't know how (><)

Also most games I pick as interesting enough and post on steamgaf seems to be greenlit, you people rock!

I'd guess that Valve's just been hand-selecting stuff while work continues on Greenlight's replacement. The ETA on it going live was late this year/early next, so maybe there's a feeling internally that there's little point in making room for 100 apps every month since Greenlight will be a thing of the past in the near future.

Dr Dogg

I don't like seeing my video card halfway down the charts. It's so depressing.

Well once you remove the dual GPU cards and SLI/Crossfire setup you have the 8th best card on there for both Evolve and Beyond Earth. Does that make it a little better?

Does anyone know if you can get all the South Park Stick of Truth Achievements in one go? Seems not, since there is one achievement for not letting your comrade die and one achievement for letting Kenny as your comrade die ten times.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
And here am I, still opening the steam console just to talk to someone.

There really needs to be a "shit you can do with steam but might not know" list. I had no idea I can select multiple games to set their categories. I always did it one at a time.
I also had no idea about the browser chat thing.

Does anyone know if you can get all the South Park Stick of Truth Achievements in one go? Seems not, since there is one achievement for not letting your comrade die and one achievement for letting Kenny as your comrade die ten times.

No you can't. At one point you have to choose a side for a battle, and there are two achievments for this (one for either side). You can reload though to get both. I wouldn't recommand trying to do all achievments though, the "not let anybody die" is incredibly annoying and will lead to multiple reloads and frustration. Not worth it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think there are also two achievements that require choosing different paths in one part of the game, so you probably need to play it at least twice.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You can do it in one go. Just do the Kenny deaths after you beat the final boss when the no death achievements pops.

I think there are also two achievements that require choosing different paths in one part of the game, so you probably need to play it at least twice.

Alright. Thanks.

The game is surprisingly fun.

You can do it in one go. Just do the Kenny deaths after you beat the final boss when the no death achievements pops.

Oh. Really. Then I should restart the game and play as a jew, so I can get this one jew-achievement.

Grief.exe

If I remember correctly, Kenny doesn't count as a death unless you win the fight while he is still dead.

Arthea

Or just, you know, SAM them.

what for, again? doesn't it defy reason?

I'd guess that Valve's just been hand-selecting stuff while work continues on Greenlight's replacement. The ETA on it going live was late this year/early next, so maybe there's a feeling internally that there's little point in making room for 100 apps every month since Greenlight will be a thing of the past in the near future.

I'm not so sure, scratch that I simply have no idea what's going on, but handpicking isn't going on, as by my account close to 100 games were greenlit in a month or so and it seems they still need votes.

even worse, most of the time we can't even see what's greenlit, unless we upvoted or favourited it, then we can, as it was the case with Final Dusk for me.

edited: for example 21 game were greenlit in last 4 days, but I know only about 3 of those:
Concrete Jungle
Final Dusk
Basement

Everyone thought because finally they change to the new system with 2 storefronts. Seems that wasnt the case ;)

Edit: Just 3 games away from my 1000~

Ah, I thought it might have something to do with GL's replacement. Curious to see how it'll work and how long it'll take before it works.

Arthea

Doesn't achievement hunting as an idea of a fun pastime defy reason?

not really, no
There are terrible achievements, but there are ones about mastering the game, or finding things that are well hidden and these are fun pastime if you like a game, now if you don't, why would you care about achievements for this game in the first place.

Ruruja

Only time I use SAM to unlock achievements is when they're broken and don't unlock otherwise, because fuck the devs I worked hard for those achievements!

Chariot

Doesn't achievement hunting as an idea of a fun pastime defy reason?
Why? I am not a archievement hunter, but you can have fun with everything that makes no sense gameplay wise. Sometimes I just enjoy jumping randomly around in Titanfall or conquering a certain area in grand strategy games, just it makes the form of my land looks more beautiful, instead of an area of actual use. I can totally see that people can have fun doing what the achievements said. Even if I tend to ignore them. It's a win-win for everybody.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
At least you still see it in them.

Yeah, my GTX560Ti doesn't show up on most of those graphics card charts anymore either. I think I'll be buying myself a new 970 for Christmas this year.

Bigby

Be sure to save before final quest. I think one of Kenny's attacks can kill him, I did it in forest. You can do it after last mission.

Weird, I though I refreshed, that I was on the last page.

Wonder if there's going to be an SDD next year or not. Valve announced it in October last year, now it's November and still no word.

Jawmuncher

jboASyBHvVoSqN.png

Only achievements I need.

Easily the best achievements to have.

--------------

Since were talking achievements I uses to be quite the hunter back on 360. While I have given up on hunting like I used to I won't say all that time was wasted. There were plenty of games where going for the achievements really added to the game. Dead Rising 1 is a great example of that. I might not care now but I easily understand why people still like to.

Dr Dogg

Wonder if there's going to be an SDD next year or not. Valve announced it in October last year, now it's November and still no word.

Well from the info that came out of if and from what devs have said it sounded like a great success for everyone so I'd be surprised if it doesn't become a regular or even annual thing. Though this is Valve we're talking about.

Well from the info that came out of if and from what devs have said it sounded like a great success for everyone so I'd be surprised if it doesn't become a regular or even annual thing. Though this is Valve we're talking about.

They also said they got the vibe Valve weren't sure if there would be another one/would be annual. It would be such a no-brainer though. As you said the impressions were very good. And well, they have their Steam Universe initiative which they can push there, if they're still serious about it.

Nzyme32

I'd guess they are waiting to do it at a time when they have enough new stuff to show to developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom