• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Also is it me or is everyone here avatarless? I didn't realise how much I relied on those images till now

I switch all the avatars off at work to hide my GAFfing, so I don't know. On the plus side, I learn everyone's names. Like JaceD and MRYELLOW.

Alavard

So I logged in and checked the market this morning to discover that a bunch of my old TF2 items had suddenly been declared marketable. A couple of old Halloween and Summer event items later and I was $50 steam credit richer. It's been a good morning so far.

So I logged in and checked the market this morning to discover that a bunch of my old TF2 items had suddenly been declared marketable. A couple of old Halloween and Summer event items later and I was $50 steam credit richer. It's been a good morning so far.

Lucky! I just checked and mine aren't. :\

Jawmuncher

... and zyklon ;)

And Coupons too.

tumblr_maduqpTqaS1qeiftoo1_250.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Lucky! I just checked and mine aren't. :\

I had the same issue, but as recommended above by JeffC if you run TF2 (or use SAM to spoof running it) then it should flip whatever switch makes those items marketable.

Edit: If you haven't ran the game since they became marketable, that is.

AsfaeksBR

Just checked here and my Halloween 2009 Itens aren't marketable yet. How much time does it take for them to turn marketable?

Jadax

I should probably start playing TF2...or atleast try to find out how to get these items that sell like hot-cakes later on.

Alavard

Just checked here and my Halloween 2009 Itens aren't marketable yet. How much time does it take for them to turn marketable?

I'm really not sure. Since those items have been around so long, and can't even be obtained anymore I thought it was just Valve flipping a switch to make all instances of them marketable.

The specific items I was able to sell are:

Lucky No. 42
Summer Hat
Voodoo Juju
Spine-Chilling Skull
Flip Flops
Gentle Manne's Service Medal

JustinBB7

I just got kicked off a TF2 server because "something on my computer is blocking VAC"

..wtf?

I played fine last night.. what is this.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Of course I get today off of work, but when Isaac comes out tomorrow I will likely be very busy.
I was going to be in the same boat if Isaac unlocked at midnight here, but luckily it seems like it's unlocking around 6PM GMT so will be back home from work and ready to sink several hours into the game. Genuinely the most excited for this out of any game release this year.

I was going to be in the same boat if Isaac unlocked at midnight here, but luckily it seems like it's unlocking around 6PM GMT so will be back home from work and ready to sink several hours into the game. Genuinely the most excited for this out of any game release this year.

I have high hopes for it. I was never able to get into the original as much as I thought I would because of wonky controller support through stuff like PGP... it worked okay, but never felt right... hoping this works much better, since it's being published on PS4 (and Vita, I think?).

Jawmuncher

I have high hopes for it. I was never able to get into the original as much as I thought I would because of wonky controller support through stuff like PGP... it worked okay, but never felt right... hoping this works much better, since it's being published on PS4 (and Vita, I think?).

Yep i'll be playing it on my vita since it's free on PS+ this month.

Alavard

Well, Rebirth has 'full controller support' listed, so it's likely to work just fine.

I switch all the avatars off at work to hide my GAFfing, so I don't know. On the plus side, I learn everyone's names. Like JaceD and MRYELLOW.

::brofist::

yeah, and it really helps with knowing people's names. there's colourfulfrosting, jasonschackling, and justaddwatermunchies. there's plenty more, just trying to squeeze this post in between spreadsheets.

Sendou

What is this? Failed a mission when I tried shooting a fleeing suspect to the leg in L.A. Noire. I'm sorry I just thought this was America.

Ozium

controller support and non-flash are the big things.. the flash version had a lot of slowdown just due to the nature of flash and in an interview around e3 edmund basically said he had a lot of trouble even getting WoTL to fit and work and that he had ideas for two more expansions...

wetflame

Pizza Dog
controller support and non-flash are the big things.. the flash version had a lot of slowdown just due to the nature of flash and in an interview around e3 edmund basically said he had a lot of trouble even getting WoTL to fit and work and that he had ideas for two more expansions...

Yeah, along with local co-op and seeds for runs (including "cheat" seeds that alter the visuals or gameplay), you've also got better tracking of progress and unlocks, new game modes, hundreds of new or tweaked items, new bosses, new characters... on top of the game running smoothly and looking awesome. There's a lot there to bring people back to the game, I hope!

Derp

Fuck. After finding out what GabeN drives i have so much more respect and love for him.

It's a 2014 Porsche Cayman... But it's been tuned. It has a 911's engine in it, an x51 power kit and other performance mods. He's even dyno'd it to confirm it delivers around 420bhp at the wheels. On top of this, he uses it on track (you'd bloody well hope he does!).

He's been into racing since he was a kid.

Bonus random fact: people who have apparently heard his car say it sounds like an absolute monster.

SO. MUCH. RESPECT. FOR. THIS. MAN.

I tried buying COD: AW from Nuuvem but it wasn't avalible in my region :( Anyone know what VPN I need to use, or is anyone able to help my buy a copy?

EDIT: nvm, the purchase went through with Brazilian VPN.

Nzyme32

What is this? Failed a mission when I tried shooting a fleeing suspect to the leg in L.A. Noire. I'm sorry I just thought this was America.

This was the most glaring and annoying thing about the game. If I have a gun, and I'm in that era as a police officer, and someone is running or holding someone hostage - I'll go for a limb shot. Why this isn't acceptable and just kills people is annoying

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Wow Call of Duty really looks fucking terrific. I love the lighting.

They always look good, but as I've said before I don't hold much interest in the multiplayer aspect, so I never can bring myself to buy them just for the single player. Not sure if I'm missing out or not.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
They always look good, but as I've said before I don't hold much interest in the multiplayer aspect, so I never can bring myself to buy them just for the single player. Not sure if I'm missing out or not.

I'm just surprised how much of an upgrade this feels over Ghosts.

The first 3 levels took me 2 hours so unless the remaining 12 levels are short, this isn't a 5 hour game.

Yakkue

Use VPN to add game to cart, check out using Paypal, but if you're using Asian paypal account, then you're screwed.

You don't have to use a VPN for most games, only if they think the game might be region locked (they actually aren't most of the time).
That they don't accept asian paypal accounts is really strange =/

Sarcasm

The level of geographyfail.jpg in this post is just worrying.

On the other hand, if you're just trolling...well...cool :D

Dude I only recognized the language. Which is like 7 countries..one in EU.

Humm farming simulator 15 under 20 bucks.

I'm just surprised how much of an upgrade this feels over Ghosts.

The first 3 levels took me 2 hours so unless the remaining 12 levels are short, this isn't a 5 hour game.
I'm liking it so far, having new blood in CoD dev teams is nice(I believe it's Sledgehammer's first full CoD?), also it's sad to see how low IW has fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom