• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
After me thinking long and hard about it (a couple of minutes) I decided to buy CoD:AW. CoD games barely ever go on sale for a reasonable amount so I guess I might as well buy it now before its dead. Doesn't seem very popular among my Steam friends though, out of 160 only 8 own it lol. I guess I'm not surprised.

So the SP+MP on COD: AW is 40GB+35GB? Looking forward to downloading 75GB, my SSD is crying.

Please tell me you're trolling.. What in the actual fuck...

Damn.. Gotta uninstall more shit then..

They share assets - alot of them, so if you download one you dont have to download as much for the other. If you download the SP, the MP is only a ~3GB download iirc.

Please tell me you're trolling.. What in the actual fuck...

Damn.. Gotta uninstall more shit then..

They share assets - alot of them, so if you download one you dont have to download as much for the other. If you download the SP, the MP is only a ~3GB download iirc.

47.4 gb unpacked for everything installed. So no.

Yeah I noticed when I came back from the toilet. False alarm people! Seems like I can play in an hour then.

Alright last question, what VPN are people using here?

I used Hola's brazilian VPN.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
GMG's deal of the day is LEGO games

The same ones that are always on sale though, no Star Wars :( Will wait to bite for a better sale on Batman 3 too, although it does look decent. Their 23% off coupon (BWG00E-QJP45O-INFGR1) doesn't seem to work with it.

Jawmuncher

Everyone's just waiting on Binding of Isaac or playing COD:AW.
I'm just sitting here wishing I could play some Valkyria Chronicles before I have to head on back.

Grief.exe

I'm just sitting here wishing I could play some Valkyria Chronicles before I have to head on back.

I am interested to see what numbers Call of Duty launches at. Right now, the game is sitting at <8K concurrent.

While yes, I am waiting for Rebirth to show up for loading, I too want to play VC so bad. Of course I could just play my PS3 copy but I want 1080p goodness.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What are my best options for a steam copy of Far Cry 4?
Most stores just sell an UPlay version as far as I can tell

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are my best options for a steam copy of Far Cry 4?
Most stores just sell an UPlay version as far as I can tell

Steam is your only option. The spectrum of alternatives for Steam versions of Uplay games is thus: if you want the Steam version of Far Cry 3, you have Amazon; if you want the Steam version of AssCreed 3, you have Amazon; if you want the Steam version of Black Flag, you have Amazon; if you want the Steam version of Might & Magic X, you have Mac Game Store. That's it. If you want the Steam version of any other Uplay game, then you're limited to Steam itself.

Edit: MGS no longer sells Black Flag.

milena87

I'm really liking what I'm seeing of Assassin's Creed Unity, but I think I'll have to pass for now. It would be the first AC game I'm not buying around release.

But the Steam price is just too high and I really don't want to buy a Uplay key again, like I did with Black Flag.
Also, DA:I is releasing soon after it and I fear that it will consume my life for a couple of months.

wilflare

I just watched Human Centipede, Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 with my parents on the new TV.
and watched some clips of Alien Isolation

I feel sick...
chestburster?

Jawmuncher

I just watched Human Centipede, Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 with my parents on the new TV.
and watched some clips of Alien Isolation

I feel sick...
chestburster?

Easily the best Alien film.

But in all seriousness that Chestburster scene is classic.
It's still tense even watching it today. Alien was just a great film.
I presonally don't feel it's fair to compare 1 and 2 since they're so radically different in genre.
It's like comparing REmake to RE4 gameplay wise.

Was really glad that Alien Isolation ditched the Aliens focus and opted for something based on the original .

JambiBum

I know that this is probably a long shot, but does anyone have any copies of evolve left over from the pricing error thing the other day? Unfortunately I missed out on it due to work :(.

wilflare

Easily the best Alien film.

But in all seriousness that Chestburster scene is classic.
It's still tense even watching it today. Alien was just a great film.
I presonally don't feel it's fair to compare 1 and 2 since they're so radically different in genre.
It's like comparing REmake to RE4 gameplay wise.

Was really glad that Alien Isolation ditched the Aliens focus and opted for something based on the original .

Human Centipede was totally random. but gah. too more gore for me tonight.
sigh.

yea. Alien 1 was a classic.

think they would be watching Alien Resurrection tomorrow

EDIT: I don't know if I should connect my PC to my TV and try Alien Isolation with them

Jawmuncher

Human Centipede was totally random. but gah. too more gore for me tonight.
sigh.

yea. Alien 1 was a classic.

think they would be watching Alien Resurrection tomorrow

I personally don't mind A:R taken as it's own thing it's a enjoyably goofy sci-fi flick.
Though it being a Alien film is where the problem lies for most.
I'm also oddly enough not too fond of gore in films but in a different way. Explosions and such don't mind. But if there's any cutting of skin I can't do it. Had to look away from Evil Dead a few times because of that.

While I haven't done it in awhile hooking up my PC to a TV was always pretty cool and added to some games easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom