• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

I'm even more weirded by how the stream yesterday was full of people asking about the story and the symbolism...

I've never looked at the binding of Isaac as a story game or a game with depth =/
I'm wondering if the people asking question were uber fans or if I'm the minority here.

I don't understand this binding of Isaac hype. Is it not just an expansion of the original game?

LMFAOOOOOO WHAT?! that actually made me laugh out loud. And here I thought it was just a silly little game

Rebirth is OG game + DLC + enough content to be another DLC. Item count was like 200 something with OG+DLC..now its like 400.

Wait, we're in Community now?

sGki5MP.gif

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm even more weirded by how the stream yesterday was full of people asking about the story and the symbolism...

I've never looked at the binding of Isaac as a story game or a game with depth =/
I'm wondering if the people asking question were uber fans or if I'm the minority here.
It's only gives you the tiniest bits of a story through cutscenes at the end of the game. He added new ones periodically and fans try to construct the narrative through those. It's really confusing and abstract though

I'm wondering if the people asking questions were uber fans or if I'm the minority here.
Yea apparently it has a story or some shit. I just played it like a little silly rougelike game, its a fun little game tho.

fantomena

5 min. left. God this month will be awesome. CoD, FC4, Halo, Isaac, LBP3, Unity, DA: Inquisition, A Bird Story, Football Manager 2015, Never Alone, Valkyria Chronicles, Pokemon,Smash, Geometry Wars 3.

So much.

didamangi

Tested out DMC3 with the style switcher mod for a bit. And it works well as an all in one fix for widescreen and xinput fix, among other things.

Although, does anyone know if the PS2 version suffers from the same low quality audio? The audio quality on the pc port is pretty bad, like 96 kbps mp3 bad. Really distract me from the whole game actually.

I just hope Capcom ports the HD collection to the PC after the RE ports is done.

I can't wait for GTAV on PC, I really really really hope they don't mess up the port.

If what they say is true, 1080p/locked 30fps on PS4/XB1, than I hope they can optimize the PC version to allow at least that with similar PC specs. If I can run it at 1080p/30fps on my i5 and 7850, I'll be fine with that.

Knurek

Although, does anyone know if the PS2 version suffers from the same low quality audio? The audio quality on the pc port is pretty bad, like 96 kbps mp3 bad. Really distract me from the whole game actually.

PS2 version uses CRI ADX middleware, 48kHz 4bit ADPCM.
(Generally comparable to 192kbit MP3s)

Turfster

Daily Gauntlet 33% off
Midweek
  • Banished 50% off
  • Shadow Warrior 75% off

Humble store daily Spintires 40% off or something math is hard

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm cautiously optimistic about GTAV being a good port due to Max Payne 3 running like a dream at max settings even on modest systems. Sure, the former is an open-world game on a large scale and the latter a linear third-person shooter that's largely set in spaces reminiscent of corridors, however there's no denying that a lot of effort went into optimisation.

xBladeM6x

I'm cautiously optimistic about GTAV being a good port due to Max Payne 3 running like a dream at max settings even on modest systems. Sure, the former is an open-world game on a large scale and the latter a linear third-person shooter that's largely set in spaces reminiscent of corridors, however there's no denying that a lot of effort went into optimisation.

Then again, if we look at the travesty that was the GTA IV port.... but I'm optimistic with you. I have to be. Otherwise all hope is lost.

Jawmuncher

Yeah I think the days of rockstar and gta4 ports should be over now.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Where is my BoI? Why does the store page now say "coming soon"? Holy shit. Holy shit. What the jfskhgäknm<klöarnhgh

I'm sitting here with Shadow Warrior in my cart, trying to figure out if I should get it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I've wanted it for a while, so I have no idea why I was hesitant over two and a half dollars.

Chariot

I'm sitting here with Shadow Warrior in my cart, trying to figure out if I should get it.

I know it's only $2.50, but I've got quite a bit to play already. Is it worth getting just to have it? I don't think it's been lower than this, has it?
We somehow went from "is it fun" to "does this look good on me" very fast with games.

Shadownet

Banned
Every time someone gets banned from play CSGo, even if its just a temp ban, they must create a new account and buy CSGo to get around it. Its the only explaination I can think of. The other day I learned my son has 8 other accounts with CSGo. Such a waste of steam/grandma's money but oh well.
Can you please smack him upside the head?

I'm kidding, don't. But your son is probably part of the problem why CSGO isn't as enjoyable as it could be. As a SteamGaF member. You gotta do something about it.

Can you please smack him upside the head?

I'm kidding, don't. But your son is probably part of the problem why CSGO isn't as enjoyable as it could be. As a SteamGaF member. You gotta do something about it.

Why would you even get banned like 7 times? I mean there is no other explanation besides hacking, is there?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I've wanted it for a while, so I have no idea why I was hesitant over two and a half dollars.

if you're asking yourself whether to get it or not then pass. It'll either be on sale again for that price or go even cheaper. Wouldn't be surprised if it made it into a humble bundle, either.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played the first few levels of Shadow Warrior during Extra Life, and I have to say that at $2.50 this game is an absolute steal. The story was pretty cool, the dialog is fun, and the game play is absolutely incredible. It just "feels" right. It can be really over the top (slicing dudes in half with a katana while singing) but it's a lot of fun. It ended up being one of my favorite games I played during the marathon.

With the coupon it's 94% off. Buy it people.

Voucher still applies, shows 2,18&#8364;.

I got the voucher as fast as I could, but when I have tried and buy Shadow warrior the price was unchanged, although it said I had a valid voucher.

I'll try and reboot Steam, let's see.

Edit: Yeah, it worked after rebooting Steam, now I have only see if there's enough money left on my credit card...yeah, made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom