• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
43 44 pages in 4 days in gaming, let's see how many pages we get for the rest of the month in community.

Does the Thanksgiving sale get its own thread?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I gotta say, if I paid more than 2.50 for Deadly Premonition I would feel very ripped off.

It took me 20 minutes of googling to even start it.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features -- MB-22F9672630257F62 - Taken by Kurt Russell
AVSEQ -- MB-7749C6D25371185E - Taken by redlacs

Jawmuncher

What in the HELL.
I just added a Eden gift to my account.
Now there is no gift and it's not in my library and I just resetted steam.

It's in my Transactions though
eden Gift/Guest Pass

Guess I have to wait for the new sub?

Chariot

What in the HELL.
I just added a Eden gift to my account.
Now there is no gift and it's not in my library and I just resetted steam.

It's in my Transactions though
eden Gift/Guest Pass

Guess I have to wait for the new sub?
To the steam support!
Maybe we can all move into that thread? We'll post about buying WiiUs and abandoning Steam to fool Zeliard and Stump is gone anyway, no one will notice.
Hahaha

Eldritch and The novelist!
Much better than I was expecting, thank goodness I haven't bought Eldritch during Halloween's sales...
Besides I was expecting The novelist to be in Groupees Be mine 15, so HumbleBundle made up for it.

Also, Blobs attack is a very good platformer.

chronomac

Already had this one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-9F25E455DF6D6BD3 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 6 entrants total.

t1415128707z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sadly, I already had all three of these games. So hopefully they go to a good home:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Novelist -- MB-1398869FD8D7E3E3 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Eldritch -- MB-329456233A571325 - Taken by TheAutomator
Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-98677F34F0CA6F61 - Taken by topyy

Nzyme32

First thoughts on Binding of Isaac Rebirth

- straight to the options to choose full screen and filtering - otherwise it is just too pixelated for me
- movement speed felt odd at first but I got used to it very quickly
- power ups, firing tears, enemies, everything flows really well compared to the original
- was a bit disappointed with the opening, I guess I grew attached to the old music and animation for that bit
- music in game is different but still fantastic at setting the mood.

Probably incredibly late to the party but didn't Edmund say back then that Rebirth would be cheaper for owners of the original Binding of Isaac?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Likewise.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Novelist -- MB-2BCDAEDDBB0605CF - Taken by derExperte

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Anteater

I have this thread as a bookmark.
Just bookmark www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=922957

It automatically goes to the latest unread post in the thread.

When a new thread starts you have to replace the number (here 922957) by the one corresponding to the new thread.

that's actually pretty smart, i thought about bookmarking but it'd just take me to the page I bookmarked it at, i'll probably just use rather than the subscription

Because the backlog is just getting too big

ModBot[b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eldritch -- MB-316C3AE2BA05EA78 - Taken by agniswarm. 4 entrants total.

t1415129187z1.png

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty annoyed.
I want to play some eden* before heading back to work.
All I can assume is that the 50% off was a error and that something in the sub prevented the game from being released like it was supposed to be. So they cut the sub or are doing something with it. Which has any earlier owners currently in limbo with even the game being added to their library.

I'm pretty annoyed.
I want to play some eden* before heading back to work.
All I can assume is that the 50% off was a error and that something in the sub prevented the game from being released like it was supposed to be. So they cut the sub or are doing something with it. Which has any earlier owners currently in limbo with even the game being added to their library.

It was a mistake. There is no actual data on the servers yet, so you cant download the game. They had some post about it on the storepage.

I also tried to download it. You get a 0byte file.

Axass

This whole community ordeal made me notice how almost nobody seems to use the subscriptions feature, which is like one of the best things on GAF.
Together with 100 posts per page and the Live add-on

First thoughts on Binding of Isaac Rebirth

- straight to the options to choose full screen and filtering - otherwise it is just too pixelated for me
- movement speed felt odd at first but I got used to it very quickly
- power ups, firing tears, enemies, everything flows really well compared to the original
- was a bit disappointed with the opening, I guess I grew attached to the old music and animation for that bit
- music in game is different but still fantastic at setting the mood.

They changed the music?!
Oh well, I guess the new soundtrack is awesome as well, still I have grown attached to that eerie haunting theme.

Looking forward to other impressions.

Copons

Just when everybody was giving away Eldritch, Novelist and the Mutant stuff game...

24a.jpg

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Copons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Risk of Rain -- MB-B24B1D724920ECF1 - Taken by Cheddahz

Jawmuncher

It was a mistake. There is no actual data on the servers yet, so you cant download the game. They had some post about it on the storepage.

I also tried to download it. You get a 0byte file.

At least it's in your library.
I don't even have it there.
Really hope it's sorted out sooner rather than later.

derExperte

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior -- MB-126FD8FBB992E409 - Taken by JustLynx. 15 entrants total.

t1415129727z1.png

62,000+ concurrent players so far for BoI. I really had no idea it was that popular now.

70.000 now.

Knurek

I've seen that GTAV trailer.
No mention of PC, like at all?
Knowing our luck, we will get PS3/X360 port chugging at 15 fps on top of line HW.
(Also, am I the only one who thought the game would be more enjoyable with an optional ironman mode?)

derExperte

I've seen that GTAV trailer.
No mention of PC, like at all?
Knowing our luck, we will get PS3/X360 port chugging at 15 fps on top of line HW.
(Also, am I the only one who thought the game would be more enjoyable with an optional ironman mode?)

They've mentioned PC. 4K and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom