• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else getting an unclickable box for "Humble asm.js Games" when they try to access their Humble library?

hberror_zps18d175e3.png

it took a while to load for me so they're probably getting hammered right now

louiedog

I've seen that GTAV trailer.
No mention of PC, like at all?
Knowing our luck, we will get PS3/X360 port chugging at 15 fps on top of line HW.
(Also, am I the only one who thought the game would be more enjoyable with an optional ironman mode?)

PC has a different release date so it's not mentioned in the trailer.

In the official Rockstar blog today they did specifically mention PC supports 4k today.

Grief.exe

So Isaac will go down as one of the most successful Steam launches of the year?

Dark Souls 2 hit 80 or 90K concurrent I believe.

Porcupine

62,000+ concurrent players so far for BoI. I really had no idea it was that popular now.

Binding of Isaac beating the hell out of the new codders in concurrent players is bringing a tear to my eye. I'm proud of the PC gaming community.

70.000 now.

I love it that an indie game can beat COD. Seems like there are a lot of people with an open mindeset. Good day for indie games ;)

Zeeman

Hmm, the Novelist looks pretty interesting, but it and Jazzpunk are basically the only things I want in the bundle, so I'm still ambivalent about grabbing the BtA.

Nzyme32

They changed the music?!
Oh well, I guess the new soundtrack is awesome as well, still I have grown attached to that eerie haunting theme.

Looking forward to other impressions.

Yeah, I love the ambient older music with both Binding of Isaac and Wrath of Lamb, but the new music is just different. The style is similar but the instrumentation is different. It still works well and sounds great, but from the small amount of play I had, I think I need more time with it to decide if it can be as good as before

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
8KZWrl7.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AVSEQ -- MB-2256C08150D9D548 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-E599EF5E426851FA - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Wayward Manor -- MB-E931864A3E1602CF - Taken by Knurek. 3 entrants total.
Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders... -- MB-9691A5F8B5FDE28D - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.

t1415130207z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
How did zkylon play through this game
which game is that?

picture not showing

i haven't even seen zkylon posted after the move, maybe a lot of people won't be able to find their way back

RIP
move?

i'm posting less cos molar tooth pains and spent all day buying clothes for three weddings i have this month (why is everyone around me all grown up all the sudden -__-)

Nzyme32

which game is that?

picture not showing

move?

i'm posting less cos moral tooth pains and spent all day buying clothes for three weddings i have this month (why is everyone around me all grown up all the sudden -__-)

At least you don't have to attend another wedding and a funeral, that would be like a movie I once saw :p

What exactly did Valve do to turn cs go around so much?

Computer emits drugs during gameplay.... or is that dota

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What type of gambling?

The same type of gambling they perfected in TF2. Basically, you can buy keys to open crates which contain cosmetic items for the game. The big draw is that the "ultra rare" case prizes are custom knives which can only be obtained in this fashion. As such, most of these knives sell for big bucks on the Steam market.

Nothing you can get in the cases has any bearing at all on game play - it gives you literally no advantage over you opponents. The only thing they introduced that slightly altered gameplay was Stat-Track weapons which keep a running total of the number of other dudes you kill with it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Is there a work around for disabling auto steam updates and why did they take away that option in the first place?

Asgaro

that's actually pretty smart, i thought about bookmarking but it'd just take me to the page I bookmarked it at, i'll probably just use rather than the subscription

Yeah, it's the URL you use when you click the Neogaf icon at the left of the thread title to go to the unread first post.

I mean: that is the original URL that you see at the lower left of the browser when hovering over that Neogaf icon.
But when you CLICK that Neogaf icon, you go to the thread and the URL above in the web browser simply points to the particular first unread post.
So if you would be bookmarking that URL displayed in the website bar it wouldn't work.

But by right clicking on the Neogaf icon and clicking "copy link address" you get the needed URL, that automatically goes to the first unread post. :)
And that one you use when manually creating a bookmark.

Arthea

Anyone else getting an unclickable box for "Humble asm.js Games" when they try to access their Humble library?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/dabargainhunta/hberror_zps18d175e3.png[/img[/QUOTE]

yup, since yesterday, that's why I'm so annoyed, first groupees, then HB, then indiegala, what's next? steam? gog? life?!
I wrote to support today, hopefully it will be sorted out.
BTW the same occurs on all browsers and loging out, in, getting rid of cookies doesn't help either.
[SPOILER]They all really want me batshit insane and angry, but I won't succumb so easily![/SPOILER]

[quote="Cosmic Schwung, post: 137330590"]Yes on Firefox. Working fine on Chrome though.[/QUOTE]

I get the same in Chrome too, btw

C4rter

Humble Bundle Addtion

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Novelist -- MB-728CD582CB12A484 - Taken by Jadax

MQX

I don't know if this was already posted. Sorry if i'm being a slowpoke :'/.

Hatoful Boyfriend is now 50% off. The 50% discount offer is only for 1 day/24 hours :X.

Don't know if I want to buy it now or wait for the Steam Winter Sales :/.

And also, why is the STEAM thread moved to the community board?

What kind of sorcery is this? What happend? o.o

zkylon

zkylewd
We got moved to Community.
yuck

guess it's fair but yuck

It's a picture of the spider enemies from DMC 3.
It's DMC3:SE(Beaten by binarypork2737, dang!)
oh well not all spider enemies freak me out. but i haven't played dmc3 in a long time and they might scare me now. like i used to be ok with resident evil spiders and now i'm like terrible

Also hope your tooth gets better soon.
thanks. went to the dentist yesterday and she did like a quick fix so she doesn't have to do the root canal thingie which sounds really scary

quick fix seems to have done it but i still gotta wait like 24 hours and see if i can sleep without medication :I

At least you don't have to attend another wedding and a funeral, that would be like a movie I once saw :p
i dunno i find weddings to be more depressing than funerals honestly

tho there's food so that's good

New 23%-off coupon on GMG for Valkyria Chronicles, unless I'm slow news.
is there a better coupon? i don't get why you can't stack coupons with your playfire money

like playfire money is totally useless this way, who buys things off gmg without coupons -__-

Scipius

Double!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hamlet -- MB-56EDABEBEAB12AC9 - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.

t1415132008z1.png

Well, that was quick.
KxFwDLXl.jpg

Also, this is kinda creepy:

For a first-completion, it wasn't too bad. I've still got more to look forward to, but it was pretty good.

I'm not really feeling the music, though. The original's music was really awesome, but the music that I've heard thus far is pretty "meh". Not going to spoiler any of the new stuff, except to say one thing: Daddy Long Legs is possibly one of the best items I've ever seen.

Ozium

Sales thread will ALWAYS get a thread.
That's the biggest steam event. Which is why I said before I don't mind the move.
Since Sale thread will be where we all go for a bit and then new members might decide "I should go to the steam thread in community" rinse and repeat.

more like "I should go to the steam thr--oh, it's in community... nevermind then"

Ozium

1. next time there's a novelist raffle please steam msg me
2. where are people seeing shadow warrior for 2.50? it says 10 for me :/

1. next time there's a novelist raffle please steam msg me
2. where are people seeing shadow warrior for 2.50? it says 10 for me :/

There's a 75% coupon on the Alienware Arena giveaway page. Only works for the base game, though.

Would pick up the Bundlestars Razor deal, but I already have everything except the Super MNC DLC and Orborun. IndieGala it is, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom