• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Hmm, the Novelist looks pretty interesting, but it and Jazzpunk are basically the only things I want in the bundle, so I'm still ambivalent about grabbing the BtA.

That bundle is worth it for Jazzpunk alone. We're talking GOTY material here (no hyperbole). Or download-GOTY material if you want to split hairs.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

looks like Toybox Turbos (you know - the new Micro Machines :p) pre-order is up :)
and it's not region-locked, woohoo :D

Btw, alienware has also 25% off Broforce coupon which should work when the game goes on sale next time (Christmas or maybe earlier).

Mm-hmm. I had both of those coupons a while back. I kind of figured at the time that they might be valuable down the line, but I already own Broforce and am not really interested in Shadow Warrior.

Are you trying to buy the Special Edition? Because that won't work unfortunately.
Just tried it again and it works this time. No idea why it didn't before. Weird. Thank you for posting the Alienware link! How is the game? Worth it?

I'm assuming SE doesn't work though? (Would be nice if it did!)

Tellaerin

Just tried it again and it works this time. No idea why it didn't before. Weird. Thank you for posting the Alienware link! How is the game? Worth it?

It was my personal GOTY in the SteamGAF voting last year, so yeah, I'd say it's definitely worth it. : )

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ah finally in community I see, its about time

derExperte

Nope, it doesn't. And the game is a must-buy even at a higher price.

Though I lost the thread now it's been moved to community. Guess its going to slow down here now.
Shadow warrior for just under £2 is a pretty good deal, if I ever get round to playing it...

maty

knowing that I have Isaac waiting on me when I get home is driving me nuts.

I just want to go hoooooooome

520px-Sad-i-know-that-feel-clean-l.png

Ozium

thanks to derExperte and crazyrabbits grabbed Shadow Warrior for 2.50
also thanks DaBargainHunter for The Novelist

I still haven't even touched Isaac yet... I want to but I want to go vote and grab some dinner to get that out of the way so I can sink my teeth into Isaac without interrruption

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
...thanks for pouring salt in the wound, Rhak.

salt in what wound? we should have been in community for months now the way people use it as OT or as their own personal blog. Look at any community thread, its exactly the same, why was this one special?

go in the football thread, talk about footbal for 1 day when theres games on, the other 6 days they talk about movies or videogames or the shit they took that morning

community isnt a punishment, its the same shit just subscribe it. 90% of my subscribed threads are in community, its fine and long overdue

demented

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (demented, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-CD89A924279AD4C1
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-2448F5398A24E758
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-296EB87A85EAE693
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-0BB2265C6D32AD91
Risk of Rain -- MB-51583BB3C47A0D66 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 1 entrants total.

t1415144429z1.png
Dumping my extras for friendly folks here :)

Also, new OST is really crappy.

I absolutely agree with this.

EDIT: Also, this cracked me up. I was going to look at the files to see if there was a way to inject the original OST into Rebirth, and this is what greets me:
You might wonder how you can open those .a files. Currently there are no
tools available, and there is a reason to it.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth has a lot of content that is unlocked as you
progress. It also contains some secrets.
We felt that having a folder with all the spritesheets, cutscene videos,
data files and whatnot would be too tempting for people to ignore.
Finding out things while playing the game, either alone, with friends,
or as part of an online community can be a very rewarding experience. We
don't want to take that away from you.

In case you like reverse engineering and absolutely want to take this
beautiful game apart, we would ask you a few things.
- Don't release any secrets you find to the internet.
- Don't publish information on how to open the game's data files.
- Don't give away the unpacked resources.
The least you can do is wait until the game has been released for a
couple of months, so you don't accidentally spoil it for others.

Alavard

the community move has me flustered man... entschuldigung bitte

I've been away all day and I came back all scared any confused. I went a good 7 pages deep in the main gaming forum desperately hitting 'Ctrl-F Steam', 'Ctrl-F Steam', 'Ctrl-F Steam', until I broke out the search.

Pulse back to normal now.

derExperte

salt in what wound? we should have been in community for months now the way people use it as OT or as their own personal blog. Look at any community thread, its exactly the same, why was this one special?

We still wouldn't be here if not for a general change in policy though. Basically every regular thread got moved, no matter how much OT is going on.

yuraya

I've been away all day and I came back all scared any confused. I went a good 7 pages deep in the main gaming forum desperately hitting 'Ctrl-F Steam', 'Ctrl-F Steam', 'Ctrl-F Steam', until I broke out the search.

Pulse back to normal now.

I think I reached page 3 before saying "No fucking way..whats going on here" out loud lol. Like I went back to first couple pages rubbing my eyes thinking I missed it D:

But I guess it was bound to happen. SteamGAF gets banished down here to the depths of hell for the rest of eternity. Its the price we pay for our sins (exploiting price errors and global trading).

Holy Fuck
Just Cause 3 (confirmed?) F2P?
Interest deflating...
I really hope it's not F2P, call me old fashioned, but I much prefer paying $50~ for a game and then just playing my game and havin a grand old time.

Oh well, if it is, I'll just go back to Just Cause 2.

Ozium

To me, the price asked for Binding of Isaac Rebirth is simply too much. I mean, the game is fun as usually, I found a new upgrade really nice, but...really? 15€ for this, and only a 33% discount?
Of course I didn't beat the game yet so I can't say how much new content is in, but this upgrade should be free far all owners. The fact they updated the engine leaving behind flash is not a reason to charge so much. If they want wadd new items, characters and levels, they could simply release a new DLC.

The only reason Rebirth exist is to make money. Because when you put your game in a bundle, its life is over, it won't sell anymore. Making a remake is a way to put new life in your title without too many troubles. And this is because games like Guacamelee Super etc. exist and they didn't release a DLC instead of a full, new game.

Also, new OST is really crappy.

the DLC would have cost money anyways and they literally couldn't add anything more to the flash game without breaking flash... the amount of new items is double what was in the original + expansion, there are more characters, a lot of new enemies, new bosses and larger rooms (also impossible to do in flash) there is also a large increase in room layout variety as well..

edit: I agree in the case of super turbo that it seems like a cash grab but Isaac literally had to be rebuilt in order to grow, and that costs development time and money...

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orborun -- MB-B2B9EC32E95E9A61 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-0BB02145C222D627 - Taken by GaussTek. 4 entrants total.
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-C80852336FB2C7E2 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness -- MB-A3FF4DDF3CB25D14 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-E572E4A3CA6C66ED - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-D6AC65C617FFC89E - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-DAE9EF4683DD3EDA - Taken by billmcdougal. 5 entrants total.
Skyborn -- MB-498A2C0FD15980F6 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Blackbay Asylum -- MB-BDBF453F501AE396 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 5 entrants total.
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-EE42B3BAEC04F461 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.

t1415144968z1.png

Grief.exe

Why, flash has a limit in the number of items and stuff that can be added?

They couldn't compile the game anymore, WOTL was as far as they could push the engine. Could only have a limited amount of total objects on screen before a crash.

You have to take into account that a studio worked on this game for an extended length of time. This isn't a simple DLC, but a full on remake. Going to be costly.

I find $10 is pretty fair for a game in a new engine, remastered artwork, heaps of new content, new soundtrack, new characters, co-op, and more. They essentially had to start from scratch other than the general game design.

Tellaerin

go in the football thread, talk about footbal for 1 day when theres games on, the other 6 days they talk about movies or videogames or the shit they took that morning

community isnt a punishment, its the same shit just subscribe it. 90% of my subscribed threads are in community, its fine and long overdue

I'm more concerned with the fact that what new blood we were getting is going to slow to a trickle. Nobody on gaming side just checks Community to see if there's something interesting going on. I sure as hell never have, and a lot of other people have expressed the same sentiment. If you're not specifically looking for something that you already know is here, you're probably never going to find this place. And as much as I love you guys (yeah, even your sour cranky ass, Rhak), it's nice to have some new blood in here. Especially when some of the old-timers go dormant for long stretches because they're bingeing on Marvel Heroes or playing with their 2DS's or some shit. :p

oh wait maybe i shouldn't have bought it

And here I was about to say that there's actually some hope for you after all!
; )

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm more concerned with the fact that what new blood we were getting is going to slow to a trickle. Nobody on gaming side just checks Community to see if there's something interesting going on. I sure as hell never have, and a lot of other people have expressed the same sentiment. If you're not specifically looking for something that you already know is here, you're probably never going to find this place. And as much as I love you guys (yeah, even your sour cranky ass, Rhak), it's nice to have some new blood in here. Especially when some of the old-timers go dormant for long stretches because they're bingeing on Marvel Heroes or playing with their 2DS's or some shit. :p
ehh who cares about new blood

we were fine until you all people came along :>

And here I was about to say that there's actually some hope for you after all!
; )
there isn't

i'm hopeless!

Holy Fuck
Just Cause 3 (confirmed?) F2P?
st3F0KN.jpg

Interest deflating...
for another of my super popular opinions i really didn't care for just cause 2 at all :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom