• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I have 3 copies of Eldritch, 2 Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and 2 The Novelist.

If you don't win one of the many giveaways going on right now. Message me on Steam later and you can have it. :) Good luck.

MUnited83

For you.
To me, the price asked for Binding of Isaac Rebirth is simply too much. I mean, the game is fun as usually, I found a new upgrade really nice, but...really? 15€ for this, and only a 33% discount?
Of course I didn't beat the game yet so I can't say how much new content is in, but this upgrade should be free far all owners. The fact they updated the engine leaving behind flash is not a reason to charge so much. If they want wadd new items, characters and levels, they could simply release a new DLC.

The only reason Rebirth exist is to make money. Because when you put your game in a bundle, its life is over, it won't sell anymore. Making a remake is a way to put new life in your title without too many troubles. And this is because games like Guacamelee Super etc. exist and they didn't release a DLC instead of a full, new game.

Also, new OST is really crappy.
I cant even begin to tell you how terribly wrong and misguided this post is in so many ways.

Oh dear SteamGAF I finally found you!

I'm playing Skyrim after Dark Souls 1 and 2.

I was like, man, this is so easy!
But I really like Skyrim's game world.

Rebirth is fucking awesome. Is it just me or is it kinda easier now that it's not in flash? It took me like 9 hours to beat the original and I did it only after I unlocked the second character. I just beat Rebirth second try. Then again I did get some pretty sweet drops. Not a complaint at all just wondering what others thought.

FloatOn

Oh dear SteamGAF I finally found you!

I'm playing Skyrim after Dark Souls 1 and 2.

I was like, man, this is so easy!
But I really like Skyrim's game world.

I played Skyrim before Dark Souls and I'm glad I did. Because I would have dropped Skyrim instantly. Game is super boring by comparison.

I realize it's kind of an apples and oranges thing.

Copons

Lynx is a pretty cool cat. Thanks for Shadow Warrior man.

Copons, you have competition.

Pff.

Just wait until my old cat stops bitching and finally allows the new one to get out of the bathroom. Then they'll became BFF and I'll eventually take the best double cat cuteness avatar pic ever on the history of both sides of GAF.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm one of those unfortunate individuals who never got into Isaac very much because at the time I bought it along with the DLC, before Steam allowed you to selectively install/uninstall DLC. After hearing all the praise for it I fired it up one day and got really frustrated really quickly. Lack of controller support didn't help much either.

I guess I might give the new one a try
on my PS4 most likely

Dr Dogg

Yeah, same reaction here.
300 DPI for print is really low =/

I work in a printing house and we use 2540 DPI, 175 LPI exclusively.
Seriously, 300 DPI is like, babby's first DPI.

Depends on what your output is to be fair. 300dpi was industry standard for Offset Web Printing for newsprint and magazines in the UK for nigh on 40 years. It's only recently that some print shops have had fluctiating numbers that makes it a pain in the arse when they don't send you the right base InDesign templates for the setup and cause costly delays in the £1,000s. I know becuase I have many sleepless nights burning the midnight oil over the past 5 years because of someone elses cock ups.

Shadownet

Banned
Pff.

Just wait until my old cat stops bitching and finally allows the new one to get out of the bathroom. Then they'll became BFF and I'll eventually take the best double cat cuteness avatar pic ever on the history of both sides of GAF.
Will it be double the sunglasses awesomeness?

Grief.exe

Rebirth is fucking awesome. Is it just me or is it kinda easier now that it's not in flash? It took me like 9 hours to beat the original and I did it only after I unlocked the second character. I just beat Rebirth second try. Then again I did get some pretty sweet drops. Not a complaint at all just wondering what others thought.

My first impressions are the game is a lot easier than the original.

To me, the price asked for Binding of Isaac Rebirth is simply too much. I mean, the game is fun as usually, I found a new upgrade really nice, but...really? 15€ for this, and only a 33% discount?
Of course I didn't beat the game yet so I can't say how much new content is in, but this upgrade should be free far all owners. The fact they updated the engine leaving behind flash is not a reason to charge so much. If they want wadd new items, characters and levels, they could simply release a new DLC.

The only reason Rebirth exist is to make money. Because when you put your game in a bundle, its life is over, it won't sell anymore. Making a remake is a way to put new life in your title without too many troubles. And this is because games like Guacamelee Super etc. exist and they didn't release a DLC instead of a full, new game.

Also, new OST is really crappy.

I think this is a pessimistic way of looking at it. For those double dipping, ten dollars isn't much considering A) they probably played the shit out the original and the DLC and want some more or B) they might've thought flash was hindering the game significantly (me pretty much). There's a shit ton of content to warrant a fifteen dollar purchase for newcomers and its highly replayable. If this is considered a blatant money grab then it is a bit more tolerable in my opinion considering other rereleases that do the same such as Sleepy Dogs or other game that don't add a shit ton of content. Although I think Guacamelee did this model more generously with discounting 66%.

Ehy, I bought it too because I loved the original. I'm just saying that, to me, the price asked of 10€ or soo is too much for the "upgrade".
Also on Guacamelee they could easily release a DLC implementing the new stuff, but they released a new game with some minor additions.

Im not trying to sound condescending, I really just dont know that much about tech, but isn't the only way to change a whole engine is by rereleasing a whole new game and not just patching it or dlc?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but it seems that Valve created new sub IDs for CS:GO and the Counter Strike Complete package, both of which have cross-region trading and gifting disabled.

gngf123

Oh, so we are over in community now.

I'm not feeling Rebirth as much as I'd like...

Gameplay is still fun, but I kind of miss the old music and the new map is terrible. Even with the ability to make it larger so you can see all of it.

Still good though.

Oh, so we are over in community now.

I'm not feeling Rebirth as much as I'd like...

Gameplay is still fun, but I kind of miss the old music and the new map is terrible. Even with the ability to make it larger so you can see all of it.

Still good though.

How do you make it larger? Am I being blind looking at the options menu or is there a key command?

didamangi

There's a difficulty select at the character screen no? Normal and Hard. Haven't try hard but normal is easier than old Isaac.

Tizoc

I really hope there won't be much stuff I'd want off Steam, etc.
Really low on budget after my heavy spending from last month =_=

Ya know what...Shin Megamit Tensei IV could work on PC/Steam, not like the other screen is used for much.
Dat smirk doe.
I clinch my buttocks whenever a demon smirks...

Tecl0n

wow. 70K peak for Rebirth? That has to be one of the best numbers this year. I only remember Dark Souls II beating it at 80k on release.

I started Fallout New Vegas for the first time. Should I do any of the DLC, since they are available since the beginning, or wait until I do more of the main quest?

So I've been playing around with Shadow Warrior for a little while now, and I notice that it stays at a constant 60 fps at Ultra settings as long as I have Mirrors disabled. But with Mirrors enable, my frame rate fluctuates from 60 fps to the mid 40s.

I am fine with keeping the Mirrors setting disabled, but I'm just curious on what difference in quality do I lose with it disabled?

Btw thanks derExperte, for the heads up on the 75% Shadow Warrior coupon.

jshackles

I started Fallout New Vegas for the first time. Should I do any of the DLC, since they are available since the beginning, or wait until I do more of the main quest?

I wouldn't worry about the DLC until way later. In fact, even though it's on your map you can't access most of it until you're at least level 20 or higher.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
If Atlus were to bring anything to Steam, it should be SMT: Nocturne.

I would also take SMT1&2.

SMT I, II, if..., Nocturne, Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha 1 and 2, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, the list goes on and on.

They could always go with SMT1 which got released on iOS.

Especially since it has all of the GBA improvements and the really good PS1 music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom