• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
is the shadow warrior dlc worth it?

I started Fallout New Vegas for the first time. Should I do any of the DLC, since they are available since the beginning, or wait until I do more of the main quest?
wait

the dlcs are pretty hard (specially dlcs 1, 3 and 4) and actually have some nice hooks to the main story

so midway through or 75% done would be a good time to do them. the game makes it pretty obvious when it's about to end so no need to look for guides, just wait for ominous thing finally being close to happening and you'll be there

Dr Dogg

Well after what Nabs said I restarted the client to check for coupons and had a booster pack for The Room which sold instantly on the market for 27p profit. Then found I still have a tab open before I left for work with the Steam thread still in gaming that I'm going to keep pinned forever and ever. So today hasn't been a complete kick in the happy sacks.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of demented, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (demented, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-CD89A924279AD4C1
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-2448F5398A24E758
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-296EB87A85EAE693
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-0BB2265C6D32AD91
Risk of Rain -- MB-51583BB3C47A0D66 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 1 entrants total.

t1415144429z1.png

Uzzy

Ah, that Football Manager realism. Half my defence is injured, we just lost to the U-21 side and Rooney's already annoyed. Gotta love it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is getting Handsome Jack as a playable character in an upcoming piece of DLC.

Source

For those who already picked up the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, the Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack is included, but for players that haven’t, it will also be sold individually for $9.99.

The way they're doing this is so confusing. The way they've worded it, it almost sounds like it'll only be in the season pass if you already have the season pass. But if you buy the season pass now, you won't get this DLC and you'll have to pay $10 for it.

I'll wait for the GOTY edition with all of the DLC, which will probably never happen.

For those who are not aware of it - I totally forgot about it until I checked it out on Steam store -, "Viscera cleanup detail: Shadow warrior" is free purchasing "Shadow warrior".

Dr Dogg

Since we're talking about New Vegas (hehehe), does it end immediately after the final quest a la pre dlc Fallout 3?

Been a while but if I recall you can play the 4 Story DLC packs in New Vegas at any time (they each give the recommended level when checking them out in the Pip-Boy). I'm pretty certain once you finish the final mission then that's its, Ron Pearlman comes on and narates what the gang got up to and where they are now and the credits roll. There's 4 different routes to the end of the game so the replayability is there.

Ah, that Football Manager realism. Half my defence is injured, we just lost to the U-21 side and Rooney's already annoyed. Gotta love it.

Life imitating art. You could give him a raise and he'll be happy as a pig in the proverbial. Vidic was always sulky when I managed Man Utd and none of the squad had confidence in him as a captain. But putting Ferdinand as the skipper upset the dressing room. Damned if you do...

dani_dc

Oh, so this is why I couldn't find the thread anyway.

SMT I, II, if..., Nocturne, Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha 1 and 2, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, the list goes on and on.

Especially since it has all of the GBA improvements and the really good PS1 music.

I'd b e happy with any SMT game, but especially with Nocturne.

Grief.exe

As I've always said, getting these old games is great, but getting Persona V day one would be healthier for the platform overall.

It looks like Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is getting Handsome Jack as a playable character in an upcoming piece of DLC.

Source

The way they're doing this is so confusing. The way they've worded it, it almost sounds like it'll only be in the season pass if you already have the season pass. But if you buy the season pass now, you won't get this DLC and you'll have to pay $10 for it.

I'll wait for the GOTY edition with all of the DLC, which will probably never happen.
Even then its probably betterbetter not to even get it by that time cause the community will most likely be dead. For me season passes just damages the game, don't even want to touch the game cause of it most of the time

Sini

Rebirth is fucking awesome. Is it just me or is it kinda easier now that it's not in flash? It took me like 9 hours to beat the original and I did it only after I unlocked the second character. I just beat Rebirth second try. Then again I did get some pretty sweet drops. Not a complaint at all just wondering what others thought.
Anyone else think normal difficulty is much easier than old Isaac? I played original for 10 hours and never got a Mom kill and I usually died in first 3 floors. But now I can reliably get to the Mom(foot) almost every run and dodge most projectiles.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea risk of rain is pretty great

too bad it released last year, if not it would've made my list for sure

As I've always said, getting these old games is great, but getting Persona V day one would be healthier for the platform overall.
it's not healthy for me if you keep teasing me like this T_T

also yes i'm down for all megaten games ever on steam

specially persona 4 golden

double specially

r3n4ud

Source

$10 o_O

Ya, like you, I'll be getting the goty version which will only include 75% of all dlc.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF is in Community now? What have we done to deserve this? Mods pls

Yep. Once it's over, it's over. Make sure you finish up any dangling sidequests before the endgame.

I thought you could play the DLC missions after finishing the main game...

Good to know, I was just about to choose what I gather is the best ending
indipendent/Yes Man
but now I think I'll play the DLC missions before that instead.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Falexandre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Risk of Rain -- MB-1B9275FD2875A811
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-A81182270FEC5F91
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-9A5CC088C038CEE6
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-DBDF0271AA5FDBF8

oipic

How are you finding the number of goals being scored, Uzzy?

We know it always takes a patch or two to iron out launch-time bugs and balance issues, but a lot of the feedback on the SI forums seems to be that there are an unrealistic amount of goals with FM15 so far.

The new tactics screen sounds like it takes some getting used to as well (and may be a step or two backwards in regard to usability).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ghosts is losing steam after some good first 2 or 3 levels. Starting to see why all the hate. Also, the dog just...disapeared after a few levels, wtf :(

Dr Dogg

Ghosts is losing steam after some good first 2 or 3 levels. Starting to see why all the hate. Also, the dog just...disapeared after a few levels, wtf :(

When Riley disapeared that's about when I stopped playing. I think I only had a couple of more hours to go to finish it but I needed the hard drive space
for BLOPS 2

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So you're saying... it became a ghost?

no he didnt die or anything (yet at least) they just stopped acknowledging him, like I said, they just forget about him lol. quite lame, especially after all the Call of Doge hype

new nvidia drivers out, do we need to do all the SLI settings all over again with new drivers Doogie?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-DE77B0ACE9AE8AF2
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-20BA2B9176D05E2F
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs -- MB-1288918EAA2CA539 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 12 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-5D0CB97B5B00CACF

t1415154268z1.png

Turfster

God damn it Gray Matter is so fucking janky.
I'm stuck at the end of a chapter again because the game won't let me do something.
I must not have clicked some random bullshit thing, but I have no idea what.
I've done everything the fucking plot needed...

Dr Dogg

Actually I'm having this loopy idea of buying a new GPU just to get a free copy of Unity. True I do need something for my server/render/workstation but I was planing on only spending £100 tops on a knackered 7970 for the goddly OpenCL performance but a 970 might be too tempting as some of the silly prices I've seen them going for. Then again I don't think most companies accept magic beans as payment.

new nvidia drivers out, do we need to do all the SLI settings all over again with new drivers Doogie?

Just do an Express Install and then go and reenable SLI in Nvidia Control Panel. Driver Updates have always disabled it for me and had me scratching my head until I went to check and yep sure it was that updating disabled SLI. You've learnt the hard part now.

So... it's past midnight here so it's the dreaded day with the big B. Birthday D:

Happy B'Day!

Spyware

So... it's past midnight here so it's the dreaded day with the big B. Birthday D:

And here is the promised giveaway! Wanna give something back? My only wish is for more steam friends! :)
This is some stuff I really like. Treat them well! And please only enter for bundles if you're missing every game included. Thanks <3

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Penumbra Collectors Pack -- MB-B89F3D8686411C7E - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #2 -- MB-E13A7C447DFC3B23 - Taken by Turfster. 55 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-E6D95C6272C0B04F - Taken by Volimar. 59 entrants total.
Costume Quest 1 & 2 Bundle -- MB-339E3AE848F71AA6 - Taken by MillionStabs. 13 entrants total.
Monster Loves You! -- MB-45301FD4E51031DF - Taken by WinterDemons. 6 entrants total.
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-7ED0AE1693FDDAE4 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 18 entrants total.

t1415154448z1.png

Good luck!

Also, have some spares!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Novelist -- MB-2C441E36425F0B61 - Taken by anastef
Eldritch -- MB-648B0951A56AEBD8 - Taken by -MD-
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-04B9EE19FB318454 - Taken by L.O.R.D

And here is the promised giveaway! Wanna give something back? My only wish is for more steam friends! :)
This is some stuff I really like. Treat them well! And please only enter for bundles if you're missing every game included. Thanks <3

Good luck!

Also, have some spares!

Happy birthday! Entered for Costume Quest. Been wanting to check them out since watching a video if the second one.

rtcn63

Actually I'm having this loopy idea of buying a new GPU just to get a free copy of Unity. True I do need something for my server/render/workstation but I was planing on only spending £100 tops on a knackered 7970 for the goddly OpenCL performance but a 970 might be too tempting as some of the silly prices I've seen them going for. Then again I don't think most companies accept magic beans as payment.

Those reports of coil whine tho

Nabs

Good luck!

Also, have some spares!

Thanks and Happy Birthday.

Turfster

Holy shit I found it.
I had to talk to someone else in a completely different location to basically just say "thank you" after something happened, and then Gray Matter automatically did the thing I was trying to do...

That's some really fucking horrible design.

Dr Dogg

Those reports of coil whine tho

My bottom 780 squeals like a pig at about 40-50% load no matter what PSU I pair it with so I'm kind of conditioned to it. Considering it will be sitting in a R4 wich keeps things stupidly slient the majority of the time I think I could deal with another oinker.

zkylon

zkylewd
k i got a pretty cool one from long live the queen

i think it looks good

i also bought one with like cassette tapes from gone home that looks good but i like the patterns on this one and i also like the silhouette thing. so mysterious! you can be all like wait who's that? is that zkylon? zkylon is super loli omg. etc etc. that's the desired effect anyways

cool stuff

very nice, happy birthday

i always make my games happy, even if they don't make me happy in return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom