• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... it's past midnight here so it's the dreaded day with the big B. Birthday D:

And here is the promised giveaway! Wanna give something back? My only wish is for more steam friends! :)
This is some stuff I really like. Treat them well! And please only enter for bundles if you're missing every game included. Thanks <3

Good luck!

Also, have some spares!

Happy birthday!

Nzyme32

My bottom 780 squeals like a pig at about 40-50% load no matter what PSU I pair it with so I'm kind of conditioned to it. Considering it will be sitting in a R4 wich keeps things stupidly slient the majority of the time I think I could deal with another oinker.

Hmm. I have had the opposite scenario in the past, where a card will whine like crazy when idle, but that immediately stops every time the computer loaded or a game was being played.

Mind you this was on an old Packard Bell PC which I put a Voodoo 3 into, replacing an ATI Rage Pro, just a little after HL1 came out. Still don't really understand it

zkylon

zkylewd
the novelist sounds cool

like the ringo starr simulator thing is already promising but there's a whole mind reading thing which is something i can't ever get enough of in games

more games should allow you to read people's minds

Nzyme32

So... it's past midnight here so it's the dreaded day with the big B. Birthday D:

And here is the promised giveaway! Wanna give something back? My only wish is for more steam friends! :)
This is some stuff I really like. Treat them well! And please only enter for bundles if you're missing every game included. Thanks <3

Happy birthday! May you disregard out privacy for years to come!

Uzzy

How are you finding the number of goals being scored, Uzzy?

We know it always takes a patch or two to iron out launch-time bugs and balance issues, but a lot of the feedback on the SI forums seems to be that there are an unrealistic amount of goals with FM15 so far.

The new tactics screen sounds like it takes some getting used to as well (and may be a step or two backwards in regard to usability).

So far I've had three games. I lost the U-21 match 1-0, then lost a friendly to a Chinese side 3-2, then beat another Chinese side 6-0. None of those results seems that unrealistic to me. But perhaps it'll show up further into the campaign.

I'm rather liking the tactics screen personally. It's different for sure, but the important information seems a bit clearer at least.

Life imitating art. You could give him a raise and he'll be happy as a pig in the proverbial. Vidic was always sulky when I managed Man Utd and none of the squad had confidence in him as a captain. But putting Ferdinand as the skipper upset the dressing room. Damned if you do...

Well luckily for me, Rio and Vidic are gone. So I won't have that problem. Just the much worse one of no defenders.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just do an Express Install and then go and reenable SLI in Nvidia Control Panel. Driver Updates have always disabled it for me and had me scratching my head until I went to check and yep sure it was that updating disabled SLI. You've learnt the hard part now.

yup sure enough SLI was turned off. the settings for the games are still good tho yay

Dr Dogg

Hmm. I have had the opposite scenario in the past, where a card will whine like crazy when idle, but that immediately stops every time the computer loaded or a game was being played.

Mind you this was on an old Packard Bell PC which I put a Voodoo 3 into, replacing an ATI Rage Pro, just a little after HL1 came out. Still don't really understand it

I've had PSUs that whine, I've had Motherboards that do it, I've even had Capture Cards go crazy when I move my mouse around. It's a lottery when putting a collection of components together that weren't designed to work harmoniously together from the offset. GPUs and PSUs more over due the having larger capacitors that resonate at some funky frequencies. I can remember my old car stereo in my first Mini used to interfer with the Speedo which would drive me nuts until I pulled the thing out and clamped a serpressor to the rotter.

yup sure enough SLI was turned off. the settings for the games are still good tho yay

Yeah you should be all good to go. Provided you didn't do a clean install (not too much need these days and you need to check a box anyhow) all your previous settings and tweakings should still be saved.

Spiegel

Good luck!

Also, have some spares!

Great giveaway.

Happy birthday!

Chariot

Good luck!

Also, have some spares!
I don't want your games. I just want your steam friendship.

Happy Parents had sex in February!

Kifimbo

Good luck!

Also, have some spares!

Great stuff, and happy birthday.

wilflare

Happy Birthday Spyware :D
and thanks for the VC giveaways

---
eh... anyone managed to get one of those Shadow Warrior coupons :O
I would buy for $2.50

Spiegel

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-091BFD608A7824EF - Taken by RVinP. 1 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-015EB94031160A5D - Taken by drizzle. 3 entrants total.

t1415156309z1.png

Miker

Bought Guacamelee STCE for $2 with the loyalty and Halloween discount. Not bad. It has 4-player co-op in beta. I think it's compatible with all the previous costumes from Steam workshop, which includes the BAYONETTA costume for the female character.

Just finished Astrebreed. Wish it was longer. Took me about 40 minutes on normal. I know shmups are highscore games, but really liked the presentation.

Edit: Happy Birthday Spyware~

Spyware

Thanks sooo much everyone, this made my night :D

Grabbed Eldritch, Thanks. And happy birthday!

Good on you for giving away Valkyria Chronicles as well, more folks need to experience it.
Thanks! And yeah VC is cool. Should probably buy one for myself too later, only have it on PS3.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's not our fault though, so it's actually okay. We can't actually blame offtopic discussion/Nintendo discussion/Seahorse gifs/waifu posting for being sent to limbo.

thegoodfilms-movie-wes-anderson-the-life-aquatic-with-steve-zissou-seahorse.gif

It's okay guys - we're in the community tab now

Also - happy birthday Spyware!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's not our fault though, so it's actually okay. We can't actually blame offtopic discussion/Nintendo discussion/Seahorse gifs/waifu posting for being sent to limbo.

You sound like al Capone when they got him on some minor shit, it doesn't change the fact that all the other stuff happens and it should have launched the thread to community ages ago. Like I said, it shouldn't be viewed as punishment or something, it just is what it is, look at every other community thread and it's the same rampant OT talk as this one. At leat this way you can freely go OT crazy and nobody can say anything :)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I hope you have a happy birthday!

I'm sure JaseC will be happy to know that I added ol' seahorse into the novel I'm doing for NaNoWriMo. At least, I picture her as I'm writing this new character. I blame Steam thread, but at the same time it has helped me get about 4,000 words done in the past few hours. This makes up for all the lost productivity I've spent reading the thread!

Dr Dogg

You know how it is when people can't accept change. "This thread is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. You know Old Testament, Mr. SteamGAFfer real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

And no I didn't just quote Ghostbusters

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Larva Mortus -- MB-91D22C77407CE7E1 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
DANMAKU UNLIMITED 2 -- MB-25AB0ACA767B06C8 - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.
Big Brain Wolf -- MB-5D4B11113563B89A - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Sinister City -- MB-4EDCB3D2B2DB0ABD - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition #2 -- MB-493728D9B46BCC20
AKANE THE KUNOICHI -- MB-954EE78A2F112C98 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total.
Reflex -- MB-5DEAC6D7FC368190 - Taken by Anteater. 1 entrants total.
Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders... -- MB-AC9ABA177EF784C7 - Taken by Ben652. 2 entrants total.
Realms Of The Haunting -- MB-B4C2FBC9B551680D
Into the Dark Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-FB5E16EDEE29FD1D - Taken by trailmix16. 3 entrants total.
OlliOlli -- MB-B35C0A8699F3A5B6 - Taken by Ezalc. 19 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-03EE2F48BFE4AB44
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-F852AE8A9641A14B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Splatter Blood Red Edition -- MB-C1E51921B77D0F66 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 3 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-DD6BC44673E04C35
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-1F9C97FFE8A985EE - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-18F51994E6B3230F
Shadows Price For Our Sins -- MB-400EBBE4B1E53E9B - Taken by skullmuffins. 5 entrants total.
White Noise Online -- MB-B652A18FD07BBF49 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Them The Summoning -- MB-ECF91C9DEB31B120 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
Out There Somewhere -- MB-3083394D21FB65F8 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Dracula 4 and 5 Special Steam Edition -- MB-90802DBC30E0A954 - Taken by Phawx. 5 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-43D071320D7BBEC8 - Taken by t0rment. 1 entrants total.
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-F16C772E98741E45 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Jazzpunk -- MB-6EC14F5CDB84CD38 - Taken by 73V3N. 15 entrants total.
Dracula Trilogy (3 Games) -- MB-86AF7829B2CC2260 - Taken by MillionStabs. 6 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-4E72E8D277C036E1 - Taken by eyeless. 5 entrants total.
Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-1E782235A9038C5F - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
AVSEQ -- MB-A07F6921A97F1C31 - Taken by provista. 1 entrants total.

t1415158049z1.png

Coreda

the next OT title - Press Community to Pay Respects
for SteamGAF

Perfect.

Interesting this was moved off OT, although to be fair it's often chit-chat like other mega-threads.

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to sticky the Pillar of Community badge in profiles until its unlocked is a bit of an ass. Probably effective in getting users to link their FB accounts, but still bugs me it will be there indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom