• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsfaeksBR

KQkj2XY.jpg

I'm weak and I regret
NOTHING!

Chariot

You know how it is when people can't accept change. "This thread is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. You know Old Testament, Mr. SteamGAFfer real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

And no I didn't just quote Ghostbusters
Jesus didn't die so we couls move the thread into Community.

Dr Dogg

And I still think thats the reason why people "hated" on Windows 8/8.1.

Besides that I really can not wait for VC.

I hate Windows 8/8.1 from a productivty standpoint as it takes me much longer to get to the core feautes I use on a daily basis that were shifted around, hidden under layers of menus or removed altogether. From what I've used of 10 the vast majority of that is fixed already amd has some nice extras too. But really the past week using 8.1 on a Surface I actually get Windows 8 now and it's so much better and accessable using a touch interface. Still would slow me down in a work sense but as a OS on a purely consumption PC it's a no brainer.

Kifimbo

Spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-0F81D552317396B0 - Taken by Jadax

I'm basically MIA all week
work training...woot
so sorry if I'm not reading through all these pages...

..but do we know why we're in community yet?

Dr Dogg

the next OT title - Press Community to Pay Respects
for SteamGAF

STEAM | December > - Serving Indefinite Community Service.

work training...woot

Well from what Minsc posted in here earlier and what I can gether from the goings on the past month it's part of the mix up happening with Gaming to get talk about more immediate discussion in the right here, right now and not drawn out debate or hype. So the more soild fondation stuff goes in community where the fast paced news and OTs on release date go in the main Gaming (then after a month will drop off to community to keep things fresh). Still early days as flicking through the 39 pages in gaming there's some awful threads visable and it still remains to be seen how changes effect this side of the boards. This thread should have pleanty of legs in it regardless where it turns up, same as the Giant Bomb thread but some of the other threads that thrived on visabilty from bumps with new content it remains to be seen what will happen to them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
thegoodfilms-movie-wes-anderson-the-life-aquatic-with-steve-zissou-seahorse.gif

It's okay guys - we're in the community tab now

Also - happy birthday Spyware!

Seahorse Romulus sure is looking good.

You sound like al Capone when they got him on some minor shit, it doesn't change the fact that all the other stuff happens and it should have launched the thread to community ages ago. Like I said, it shouldn't be viewed as punishment or something, it just is what it is, look at every other community thread and it's the same rampant OT talk as this one. At leat this way you can freely go OT crazy and nobody can say anything :)

Exactly. Well, as long as it doesn't get too creepy and nsfw.

You know how it is when people can't accept change. "This thread is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. You know Old Testament, Mr. SteamGAFfer real wrath of Stump type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of damage lists! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The Derrick01 rising from the grave! Waifu sacrifice, Dr Doggs and Coponses living together... mass hysteria!"

And no I didn't just quote Ghostbusters

Minor fixes for relevance :p

work training...woot

It's a forum-wide change in thread policy. The same happened to the Gog thread, the Nintendo download thread, the PSN thread, etc.

It's a forum-wide change in thread policy. The same happened to the Gog thread, the Nintendo download thread, the PSN thread, etc.

The Super Best Friends and Game Grumps threads also got moved to Community a couple weeks ago.
I still think SBF got moved cause people kept thinking it was the Super Smash Bros thread and clicking on it by mistake

Nabs

So my CoDAW MP experience hasn't been so great. It's definitely better than Ghosts, but the weaponry is just so weak. 2050 sucks.

Nabs

Oh :(

Well maybe by the time my download has finished there might be a damage boosting patch. Day Three Delayed Access Edition at this rate.

I don't want to pretend like I'm an expert on the subject. It could be a mix of P2P garbage and being spoiled by Treyarch not giving a fuck.

Game:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders... -- MB-F4414C1F8067987C - Taken by dave is ok

Dr Dogg

I don't want to pretend like I'm an expert on the subject. It could be a mix of P2P garbage and being spoiled by Treyarch not giving a fuck.

"So Mr Activision does COD Ghosts have dedicated servers?"

"Why yes it does but we won't let anyone rent them ever and we also will be putting this behind a unified lobby and match making system"

"Umm are you sure they're deducated servers? That sounds awfully like a P2P network to me"

"Of course, scouts honour *crossed fingers behind back*"

So yeah if Ghosts and its freaky 'Hybrid' system is anything to go by...

Red Faction Guerilla, there is something to be said about a fun ass video game. I'm having a good time messing around in this game, the destruction still to this day is unmatched.

Nabs

"So Mr Activision does COD Ghosts have dedicated servers?"

"Why yes it does but we won't let anyone rent them ever and we also will be putting this behind a unified lobby and match making system"

"Umm are you sure they're deducated servers? That sounds awfully like a P2P network to me"

"Of course, scouts honour *crossed fingers behind back*"

So yeah if Ghosts and its freaky 'Hybrid' system is anything to go by...

:( I hate this hybrid garbage.

I'm just happy Treyarch is on their own shit and actually gives a shit about PC gamers. They actually listen to the players, and can be reached through Steam or Twitter really easily. True, they hide their dedicated servers behind matchmaking, but that's a big improvement over getting kicked for pressing the spacebar in Blops 1. I would get banned/kicked from at least 1 server a day for jumping.

What's weird is how Activision snatched up their PC lead to head their Tech division. I'm surprised they even noticed.

Turfster

30 Nancy Drew games. No wonder it seemed like there's at least one in every fucking discovery queue.

Also, the discovery queue still gives games that aren't available in my region...
This time it's the cursed crusade, which is available according to steamdb.
I'm confused.

Edit: And Bunch of Heroes. Again. I just noped it like 4 items ago.
Is it trying to give me out of region packages?
Really, Volvo?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spyware, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Penumbra Collectors Pack -- MB-B89F3D8686411C7E - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #2 -- MB-E13A7C447DFC3B23 - Taken by Turfster. 55 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-E6D95C6272C0B04F - Taken by Volimar. 59 entrants total.
Costume Quest 1 & 2 Bundle -- MB-339E3AE848F71AA6 - Taken by MillionStabs. 13 entrants total.
Monster Loves You! -- MB-45301FD4E51031DF - Taken by WinterDemons. 6 entrants total.
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-7ED0AE1693FDDAE4 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 18 entrants total.

t1415154448z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

REFLEX- -- MB-C528DC10BD8ABD46 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
Full Bore- -- MB-5465B99550A21EDB - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 1 entrants total.
Teleglitch- -- MB-0D350126CF39DA24
Universe Sandbox- -- MB-6DDB6D9C2DB41852 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Steamworld Dig- -- MB-6D0513A12462145D - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Payday 2 masks- -- MB-2C065F7E2D64448D

t1415151869z1.png
extras

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I bought VC too, from what I played of the PS3 game it was fantastic, and on-top of that I have faith in SEGA with PC ports.

user237

ModBot 2 said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-D50C3FBCCDB8418E - Taken by Varg. 1 entrants total.

t1415151870z1.png

Bought this during the Steam sale, and got another from the Doujin Bundle

I was actually kinda hyped for this game, because the tileset reminded me of the Genesis game Alex Kidd in Enchanted World. LOL

I don't mind if someone takes it just for the cards, or for the +1.

Sini

30 Nancy Drew games. No wonder it seemed like there's at least one in every fucking discovery queue.

Also, the discovery queue still gives games that aren't available in my region...
This time it's the cursed crusade, which is available according to steamdb.
I'm confused.

Edit: And Bunch of Heroes. Again. I just noped it like 4 items ago.
Is it trying to give me out of region packages?
Really, Volvo?

Explore queue keeps giving me MINERVA mod all the time. I clicked not interested button few weeks ago. And when I get that mod the queue ends immediately and I can't "explore" games til next day because when I try to generate a queue it will only give me that mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom