• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The Super Best Friends and Game Grumps threads also got moved to Community a couple weeks ago.
I still think SBF got moved cause people kept thinking it was the Super Smash Bros thread and clicking on it by mistake

The last time I checked on the SBF threads, which admittedly was many threads ago, I just went right to the last page and saw that weird manga page of the guy licking some girl's eyeball. Haven't really been tempted to go back since :p

can steamgaf pretty please buy Valkyria Chronicles please ( ◔ิω◔ิ)

I did, many days ago.

Jawmuncher

The Super Best Friends and Game Grumps threads also got moved to Community a couple weeks ago.
I still think SBF got moved cause people kept thinking it was the Super Smash Bros thread and clicking on it by mistake

I did that so many times I was getting annoyed.
That face honestly was why I finally started using bookmarks.

zkylon

zkylewd
30 Nancy Drew games. No wonder it seemed like there's at least one in every fucking discovery queue.

Also, the discovery queue still gives games that aren't available in my region...
This time it's the cursed crusade, which is available according to steamdb.
I'm confused.

Edit: And Bunch of Heroes. Again. I just noped it like 4 items ago.
Is it trying to give me out of region packages?
Really, Volvo?
the discovery queue is absolute garbage

just ignore it

it's never gonna help you

I don't really know much about this game, but it gives me advanced wars vibes. Am I on the right track?
Turn-based strategy where you directly control selected units on the battlefield, with some real-time behaviors like enemies shooting at you on the move. Plenty of comparisons are made between it and the battle phase of XCOM.

donny2112

NmbgCoq.gif

Wow. The contrast between the blue (has to be contacts) eyes and bright red lipstick is glaring. Glad Google has that reverse image search thingy now. Makes it much easier to look up where GIFs are from. Never heard of her (graveyardgirl) before.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spiegel, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiegel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-091BFD608A7824EF - Taken by RVinP. 1 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-015EB94031160A5D - Taken by drizzle. 3 entrants total.

t1415156309z1.png

Lomax

So I decided a while back I wanted Binding of Isaac: Rebirth to be my 1000th game:

zpXloIa.jpg

R5pIHPo.jpg

But of course, the last couple of weeks I've had to sit on all my new bundle purchases and such in order to have Isaac still hit at 1000. So shortly after activing Isaac:

eJ15lHo.jpg

I swear I'm going to buy less going forward! Less than a year to double my game count is somewhat absurd (I hit 500 on December 30th of last year). Of course I say that and bought more bundles just today...

Edit: And Isaac is great of course and the co-op is well done and a lot of fun.

-MD-

I can't belive I'm saying this, but I like CoD:AW's campaign, a lot.

Stop it.

So my CoDAW MP experience hasn't been so great. It's definitely better than Ghosts, but the weaponry is just so weak. 2050 sucks.

Weak as in people don't die instantly online?

That's what CoD really needs, extend the time to kill by like 5x and remove regenerating health.

Varg

Banned
So my CoDAW MP experience hasn't been so great. It's definitely better than Ghosts, but the weaponry is just so weak. 2050 sucks.

Im really liking it but im waiting on either a patch for the game and/or new amd drivers to help with the constant stutter I get.

The energy weapon is pretty good, I've been having a lot of fun in the multiplayer (and I usually don't play CoD's multiplayer)
Jumpjets+laser weapon=fun

denx

Dammit COD Advanced Warfare is tempting me. Thinking also about getting Valkyria Chronicles, but preordering PC ports of japanese games is a bit of a russian roulette, so I dunno. What to do what to do

Stop it.

Weak as in people don't die instantly online?

That's what CoD really needs, extend the time to kill by like 5x.
I don't have an agenda against the series, I'm glad it doesn't suck now.

Boost jump, dive and slide makes killing time longer, which is nice, no more "you're dead cuz I saw you first".

xBladeM6x

Dammit COD Advanced Warfare is tempting me. Thinking also about getting Valkyria Chronicles, but preordering PC ports of japanese games is a bit of a russian roulette, so I dunno. What to do what to do

Buy VC. You must join the collective.
You WILL join the collective.

same quandary. aren't there usually soonish post-release hotfixes, or am I confusing this with no fixes, in the case of Deadly Premonition.

-MD-

same quandary. aren't there usually soonish post-release hotfixes, or am I confusing this with no fixes, in the case of Deadly Premonition.

Durante requested to do the OT for it so I would imagine if something wasn't up to par he'd be on it. He has interest in it.

That and it's Sega, aren't their ports usually solid? They already confirmed it'd be 1080p/60fps and have custom button mapping/mouse support.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Larva Mortus -- MB-91D22C77407CE7E1 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
DANMAKU UNLIMITED 2 -- MB-25AB0ACA767B06C8 - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.
Big Brain Wolf -- MB-5D4B11113563B89A - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Sinister City -- MB-4EDCB3D2B2DB0ABD - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition #2 -- MB-493728D9B46BCC20
AKANE THE KUNOICHI -- MB-954EE78A2F112C98 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total.
Reflex -- MB-5DEAC6D7FC368190 - Taken by Anteater. 1 entrants total.
Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders... -- MB-AC9ABA177EF784C7 - Taken by Ben652. 2 entrants total.
Realms Of The Haunting -- MB-B4C2FBC9B551680D - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Into the Dark Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-FB5E16EDEE29FD1D - Taken by trailmix16. 3 entrants total.
OlliOlli -- MB-B35C0A8699F3A5B6 - Taken by Ezalc. 19 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-03EE2F48BFE4AB44
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-F852AE8A9641A14B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Splatter Blood Red Edition -- MB-C1E51921B77D0F66 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 3 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-DD6BC44673E04C35
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-1F9C97FFE8A985EE - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-18F51994E6B3230F
Shadows Price For Our Sins -- MB-400EBBE4B1E53E9B - Taken by skullmuffins. 5 entrants total.
White Noise Online -- MB-B652A18FD07BBF49 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Them The Summoning -- MB-ECF91C9DEB31B120 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
Out There Somewhere -- MB-3083394D21FB65F8 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Dracula 4 and 5 Special Steam Edition -- MB-90802DBC30E0A954 - Taken by Phawx. 5 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-43D071320D7BBEC8 - Taken by t0rment. 1 entrants total.
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-F16C772E98741E45 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Jazzpunk -- MB-6EC14F5CDB84CD38 - Taken by 73V3N. 15 entrants total.
Dracula Trilogy (3 Games) -- MB-86AF7829B2CC2260 - Taken by MillionStabs. 6 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-4E72E8D277C036E1 - Taken by eyeless. 5 entrants total.
Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-1E782235A9038C5F - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
AVSEQ -- MB-A07F6921A97F1C31 - Taken by provista. 1 entrants total.

t1415158049z1.png

Whatever happens, $17.99 or less for one of SEGA's best new games with all of its great DLC included is a great deal. Variable resolutions are in at the very least.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eldritch -- MB-0526D7A7FB0088D0 - Taken by eyeless. 3 entrants total.

t1415156249z1.png

Turfster

Ugh. Majestic Nights has no configurable keyboard controls and hardlocks to qwerty.
Sigh.
You're not selling me on your full game here, guys.

I see the thread has moved. Was wondering why there were so many new posts.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-0240A66C4A4BCC63 - Taken by spindoctor. 1 entrants total.

t1415157929z1.png

I leave this thread for 2 days and you guys got us moved to community! :p

Count me among those impressed by the PC port of Advanced Warfare, especially after the shitshow that was Ghosts last year. It normally runs at 100-120fps so I can enable supersampling and still always stay above 50fps which is nice. And it looks about as good as a game in this engine can be made to look. The sound design on the other hand leaves much to be desired. But still, it seems like a fun campaign and reasonably long for this series.

The multiplayer P2P shit is as bad as it was expected to be.

Anyway, some spares. Please take them.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for spindoctor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-745A51680CBDD727 - Taken by Shadownet. 6 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-ECC9CFBFBCA1A91D - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
AVSEQ -- MB-3169475402DAF6C9 - Taken by Lain. 1 entrants total.

t1415157929z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom