• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is this like a stump thing where you have to find a steam thing to waste your time with not to play games for some reason

Turf is too good for 99% of the games out there. He's smoking his cigars and drinking his brandy with his CLAW while looking down on everyone else and saying every game is shit

maty

Played Isaac: Rebirth 4 hours straight. This game is crack. I'm still a little rusty, it's been a while since I played the original.

It's 1 am and I'm about to have dinner xD

Anyway, here are a few games from humble bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-D1B4E409B741A242 - Taken by Texan365. 1 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-93E8E52B244657E2 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-9A2C26A591C3935E - Taken by RyanPierre. 2 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-7A1D29402D68BC92

t1415160089z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I played like 100 hours of games in the last 2 weeks =p
well i might have to hire you to do some noping for me later

steam keeps offering me games i already have lol

Turf is too good for 99% of the games out there. He's smoking his cigars and drinking his brandy with his CLAW while looking down on everyone else and saying every game is shit
well i mean if you have a claw for a hand you got reason to be mad at the world

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so apparently they updated Civ 5 so that when you get a science victory, there's now a third button on the victory screen (other two are "return to menu" and "one more turn...") that says "Go Beyond Earth".

Clicking it opens the Steam overlay and takes you to the store page for Beyond Earth.

I don't know how I feel about this.

Milamber

so apparently they updated Civ 5 so that when you get a science victory, there's now a third button on the victory screen (other two are "return to menu" and "one more turn...") that says "Go Beyond Earth".

Clicking it opens the Steam overlay and takes you to the store page for Beyond Earth.

Every game with a sequel on Steam should have that.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-DFB5847FB43FB8ED - Taken by cardinalmind
Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-9F674F5A08C7D22B - Taken by Newblade
Snow Light -- MB-43BECB538BB73876 - Taken by trailmix16
Space Farmers -- MB-68289DB70DF58DA6 - Taken by agniswarm
Level 22: Gary's Misadventures -- MB-4BF36CCC08AAC840 - Taken by WinterDemons
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves -- MB-DEAC31C2A90E17AF - Taken by fernandes
Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-D4C6CF934208D299 - Taken by Mavromatis
Antisquad -- MB-9699928B860E978B - Taken by Saty
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-980B6577097ACD0E
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-45B66F3E347EF303 - Taken by anastef
ulgzbKC.png
Super Cyborg (DESURA) -- MB-4E999F3C03A99A24 - Taken by Zero-Crescent
Frederic: Resurrection of Music -- MB-77BC97D6D515D85A - Taken by Tellaerin
Grimind -- MB-C5119AAB87E95A02 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Chip -- MB-5184D7B7ACD7BCEC - Taken by Jadax

If they gave a discount coupon for Beyond Earth as a result of said science victory I wouldn't mind. Otherwise...

Grief.exe

Creative form of advertising, I will give them that.

Doesn't' take away any functionality from the base game, just points people in the direction of the sequel.

Coreda

Just upgraded Enhanced Steam and there is a new ES loading bar graphic in the header area, is there a way to hide this? Edit: temporary fix was to make a custom Stylish userstyle, but would be nice to be able to hide it optionally.

jshackles said:
Using "Binder View" on the badge page with Enhanced Steam makes it MUCH more manageable, IMHO. In a future update I'm planning on adding an option to display in Binder View by default.

+1 for the ability to save this preference, especially if it was possible to disable loading the non-purchased cards in the background.

Teeth

So with all the buzz for Advanced Warfare, I decided to finally play a Call of Duty game (first time!) that I already owned...which is Modern Warfare 2.

My first impression of it is...who designed this? It's fucking terrible.
- Enemies that pop out of nowhere and instantly shoot you
- When you are shot, your view is instantly bumped and then additionally obscured by red blood and red tone. It's literally impossible to tell what is going on after you are shot by an enemy
- When you go to cover, as you are waiting for your view to return, enemies dump grenades at your feet, making you run to other cover, half blind.
- Enemies that pin you down and come in wave after wave. I can't tell if I'm supposed to push forward or clean out the enemies from cover before moving on.
- If you push too early, it spawns 7 enemies in front of you who instantly shoot you dead (or close to it, obscuring your vision completely, leading to death).
- Hip fire that can't hit a barn door right in front of you, and an ADS view that severely hampers your ability to see anything except right in front of you.
-Tons of enemies that spawn (or appear to spawn) behind cover, only to pop out and shoot you when you think it's clear to press on.
- Random, noise map level design that seems to exist solely to create spawn closets.
- NPC barks that constantly repeat unhelpful advice ENEMY ON THE ROOF OF TWO STORY BUILDING while there's a thousand dudes in front of me

Just fucking worthless design. I can hardly believe this was released. There's no skill or craftsmanship to this game. It's just a fucking pop up shooting gallery with instantly view obscuring enemies.

I'm not a Call of Duty hating person on principle or anything, I had never played one before. But damn, four levels in and I'm ready to uninstall. Does anyone have anything good to say about the campaign? Does it get any better?

Now that's a good way to introduce a sequel. Too bad I regularly win the game through either Diplomacy or Domination. Playing as Spain's Isabella and acting like a raging Inquisitor against heretics feels sooo good. Might go and play as a Muslim Khan later, or the Buddhist China later.
``````````````````
Thanks who ever you are for the Mind key, no spare money to buy the bundle it was in made me a little sad. Now, I'm happy.

zkylon

zkylewd

i'd go for mildly insulted

tho i don't think i've ever reached a victory condition in civ5

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So with all the buzz for Advanced Warfare, I decided to finally play a Call of Duty game (first time!) that I already owned...which is Modern Warfare 2.

My first impression of it is...who designed this? It's fucking terrible.
- Enemies that pop out of nowhere and instantly shoot you
- When you are shot, your view is instantly bumped and then additionally obscured by red blood and red tone. It's literally impossible to tell what is going on after you are shot by an enemy
- When you go to cover, as you are waiting for your view to return, enemies dump grenades at your feet, making you run to other cover, half blind.
- Enemies that pin you down and come in wave after wave. I can't tell if I'm supposed to push forward or clean out the enemies from cover before moving on.
- If you push too early, it spawns 7 enemies in front of you who instantly shoot you dead (or close to it, obscuring your vision completely, leading to death).
- Hip fire that can't hit a barn door right in front of you, and an ADS view that severely hampers your ability to see anything except right in front of you.
-Tons of enemies that spawn (or appear to spawn) behind cover, only to pop out and shoot you when you think it's clear to press on.
- Random, noise map level design that seems to exist solely to create spawn closets.
- NPC barks that constantly repeat unhelpful advice ENEMY ON THE ROOF OF TWO STORY BUILDING while there's a thousand dudes in front of me

Just fucking worthless design. I can hardly believe this was released. There's no skill or craftsmanship to this game. It's just a fucking pop up shooting gallery with instantly view obscuring enemies.

I'm not a Call of Duty hating person on principle or anything, I had never played one before. But damn, four levels in and I'm ready to uninstall. Does anyone have anything good to say about the campaign? Does it get any better?

play on normal? also, most of what you said isnt true, or is at best, greatly exagerated

edit: also this sounds like the favela level in Brazil, which is all sorts of awful. But hey, the it doesnt sound like you would enjoy any of it anyway, which is A-OK

Teeth

play on normal? also, most of what you said isnt true, or is at best, greatly exagerated

edit: also this sounds like the favela level in Brazil, which is all sorts of awful. But hey, the it doesnt sound like you would enjoy any of it anyway, which is A-OK

Oh, it's very much true, and yes, it was the favela level that broke me. So you're saying that type of shit is lessened in later levels?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Haha, clever.

Rhaknar

Oh, it's very much true, and yes, it was the favela level that broke me. So you're saying that type of shit is lessened in later levels?

i have never seen a level like the favela one in any call of duty campaign, I remember it being a pain even on regular

I liked it because I understood the badguys and they all have potty mouthes (they say shit that you could not get away with in english), which was entertaining. Same thing with most levels in Max Payne 3

Turfster

I got BLOPS2 and it straight up won't load for me, at all, on 3 different systems, which is horrible for a mega seller.
What I'm saying is, I'm not surprised.

Rhaknar

I got BLOPS2 and it straight up won't load for me, at all, on 3 different systems, which is horrible for a mega seller.

youre not missing much, its the REAL worst COD, not Ghosts like everyone says

Teeth

i have never seen a level like the favela one in any call of duty campaign, I remember it being a pain even on regular

I liked it because I understood the badguys and they all have potty mouthes (they say shit that you could not get away with in english), which was entertaining. Same thing with most levels in Max Payne 3

I could see that being really cool, but it's mostly lost on me. I really hate this level. It hurts me to my core. If you say it gets a bit better from here I will try it again, i wasn't totally hating the levels before it, they were just sort of lame.

What I'm saying is, I'm not surprised.

Yeah, I've heard all of the Treyarch CoDs have issues with a bunch of PC configs.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Horrified.
Appalled.
Disgusted.

Every game with a sequel on Steam should have that.

If they gave a discount coupon for Beyond Earth as a result of said science victory I wouldn't mind. Otherwise...

Creative form of advertising, I will give them that.

Doesn't' take away any functionality from the base game, just points people in the direction of the sequel.

Entertained by the massive balls on these devs. Lol

Now that's a good way to introduce a sequel. Too bad I regularly win the game through either Diplomacy or Domination. Playing as Spain's Isabella and acting like a raging Inquisitor against heretics feels sooo good. Might go and play as a Muslim Khan later, or the Buddhist China later.

i'd go for mildly insulted

tho i don't think i've ever reached a victory condition in civ5

well now I feel a bit better about my emotional indecision

it would be pretty great if owning both games let you carry your progress from a game of Civ 5 to a new game of Beyond Earth somehow. Like maybe some kind of stat bonus or something. I dunno.

Turfster

well now I feel a bit better about my emotional indecision

it would be pretty great if owning both games let you carry your progress from a game of Civ 5 to a new game of Beyond Earth somehow. Like maybe some kind of stat bonus or something. I dunno.

What, you want them to make it even clearer that their "new" game is basically Civ5 with different sprites? =p

baterism

You know what disturb me most about new patch? They gave Cocoa but no Coffee.
Let that sink, no Coffee...

iosefe

They should change it so it instantly launches CivBE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom