• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Surely the top sellers are bugged / outdated right? There is no way that AW isn't up there over most those games, I don't care how less the series sells these days

No way Depth for example is above it, hell I see the AW season pass and don't see the game :p

It's #1 for me. And #3 (the pro version).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, look at how Medal of Honor performed on start of PS360 generation (CoD killed it). Or Prince of Persia (AssCreed killed it). Most franchises seem to die out during a generation change.
Guess people prefer Destiny now.

The game doesn't show up in new releases for me only the season pass does, so yeah it's bugged

Again there is 0% chance that depth is outselling a new COD game

It's #1 for me. And #3 (the pro version).

and there we go, guess it's a bug on my end (or my region)

Grief.exe

The game doesn't show up in new releases for me only the season pass does, so yeah it's bugged

Again there is 0% chance that depth is outselling a new COD game

This is my current list, I'm hoping Rebirth pushed past COD at one point.

3AueWE5.png

Copons

so apparently they updated Civ 5 so that when you get a science victory, there's now a third button on the victory screen (other two are "return to menu" and "one more turn...") that says "Go Beyond Earth".

Clicking it opens the Steam overlay and takes you to the store page for Beyond Earth.

I don't know how I feel about this.

Aw come on.
I already did it 6 months ago.
Sid Meier better send me a significant amount of cash for stealing my best joke ever.

Horrified.
Appalled.
Disgusted.

Wow, are you referring to Italian journalism at its best?
Our most important newspapers allow readers to express their feelings about articles through emoticons, so cool.
:'(

BoI: R is number two on the popular new releases here and number one on the top sellers list. Really think I should start playing the first before buying the new one in december.

COD is missing, but Arma 3 is there. Well considering the price Activision is asking for in this country, no wonder it's not up there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BoI: R is number two on the popular new releases here and number one on the top sellers list. Really think I should start playing the first before buying the new one in december.

COD is missing, but Arma 3 is there. Well considering the price Activision is asking for in this country, no wonder it's not up there.

It is there it's just not showing, it's a bug. The top sellers aren't by region

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
OMG THE BLOBS

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-DD05CD283DEC9FED - Taken by PunishedSnake. 3 entrants total.

t1415175689z1.png

It is there it's just not showing, it's a bug. The top sellers aren't by region

Oh, drats. Sorry for that then.
````````````````````````````````````
For some reason, I checked the various steam prices comparison sites and found out that the local prices for older COD games are usually the cheapest / second cheapest and yet I still feel that they are priced at a premium considering their age.

Skyzard

Banned
So I've been playing around with Shadow Warrior for a little while now, and I notice that it stays at a constant 60 fps at Ultra settings as long as I have Mirrors disabled. But with Mirrors enable, my frame rate fluctuates from 60 fps to the mid 40s.

I am fine with keeping the Mirrors setting disabled, but I'm just curious on what difference in quality do I lose with it disabled?

Btw thanks derExperte, for the heads up on the 75% Shadow Warrior coupon.

Thanks for that!

Finally. Wtf do mirrors even do, reflections in the water? I don't even want to know :p

--maybe the portals reflect. Won't be testing :)

dex3108

Good morning SteamGAF :D Sun is up, Assassins Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 are in GMG VIP section (means i will get ACU Gold for 20$), Google released Movies and Music service in my country and you guys and girls are awesome as always :D

Omega

Banned
how come some stuff in the VIP section lets me buy it at that price, but something like NBA 2K15 still charges me $59.99?

Rhaknar

Good morning SteamGAF :D Sun is up, Assassins Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 are in GMG VIP section (means i will get ACU Gold for 20$), Google released Movies and Music service in my country and you guys and girls are awesome as always :D

not steam versions

Arthea

For people that can't access HB library
I got response from HB support, they say that you can close that window if you revert to default zoom. I'm pretty sure, I tried that first, but doesn't hurt to try again.

Well, you now own it :D
surprise!
I'll have to find something to give away then.

http://robotbrush.com/screenshots/2014-11-05_09-19-52.jpg[/IMG

lucky bastard ;)[/QUOTE]

how?!
edited: is he beta testing VC for them? (><)

Tizoc

You're gonna use up all your saved Credit and get it for $20 you mean?

$50 for AC Unity and FC4 complete still sounds a lot to me...
Lords of the fallen for under $30 is interesting though.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Think I managed to play about 4 hours or so of BOI: Rebirth last night, now I'm sitting in work wishing I was home so I could play some more. So good.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Think I managed to play about 4 hours or so of BOI: Rebirth last night, now I'm sitting in work wishing I was home so I could play some more. So good.

well ... you know what you have to do now ... quit your job ;)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Pfff...so all you need to do to get early access to games is fix a bunch of them for free? Why did nobody tell me? Can't be that hard, I learned Visual Basic 6.

Deques

I have the same wish. But beating both mom and moms heart on first try was feeling great :)

Pfff...so all you need to do to get early access to games is fix a bunch of them for free? Why did nobody tell me? Can't be that hard, I learned Visual Basic 6.

Without the source code, how are we supposed to fix the bugs for them?

Arthea

we have new no man's sky in the making?

one more TRPG

Yay! Paginations for the badges would be great for us with huge game library

Edit: Does this break Enhanced Steam when it's counting number of card drops left?

Edit 2: It does kinda break, I checked on the second page and there it lists cards left for those games in that page. In other words it only sum all card drops left for the current page.

Edit 3: It also breaks Idle Master since it's only checking first page of badges. Where is jshackles?

wait... idle master is broken?
noooooooooooooo.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have the same wish. But beating both mom and moms heart on first try was feeling great :)

First try? Geeez. Haha. I managed to beat both but had a few deaths along the way. I don't mind that so much though, I'm out of practice and it gave me a few chances to unlock more stuff and try out new items. I did a couple of the challenges too, the giant slow tear and the technology ones are massively OP which made them a lot of fun, managed to unlock a few new characters too.

Oh man, 8 hours of waiting to get home and play some more is going to make for a looooong day.

milena87

If only these were the Steam versions...

Looking at the VIP section, Lords of the Fallen for 14&#8364; is tempting, but I'm unsure if I want to use all my credit for it.
Edit: and thinking about it, when would I play it? Nah, I'm keeping the credit for now.

dex3108

not steam versions

For 20$ i won't complain :D Almost all my UPlay games are on UPlay only (SC Conviction and Rayman Legends are on Steam).

You're gonna use up all your saved Credit and get it for $20 you mean?

$50 for AC Unity and FC4 complete still sounds a lot to me...
Lords of the fallen for under $30 is interesting though.

Yeap i have 43$ on GMG and 50$ for complete edition on day 1 is still better than 80-90$ :D

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Do you have that much credit or why is so cheap? It's 65&#8364; for me.
btw you can get both Far Cry 4 Limited Ed and AC Special Ed for 90&#8364; on GamesGetGo (never heard of the site before though!).

Still waiting for a ~30&#8364; price for Far Cry

If the "super special announcement" at the upcoming PlayStation event is that the game is a PS4 exclusive a la Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, then the PC will need an alternative. ;)

After confirming a PC version? That would be pretty shitty.
Everybody would be as enraged as they were when MS did the same with Tomb Raider (right?)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, behind?.. I thought 700>600.

This is bit of an oversimplification, but when it comes to GeForce cards, x80 is the flagship single-GPU solution (680, 780, 980) while x60 is the budget gaming option (660, 760, 960). Thus, the 680 fares slightly better than the 760 despite being older.

Dr Dogg

So AC:Unity come out on Tuesday.. When will the benchmark come out? I need to know if my GPU can run it :(

Keep an eye out on the Russian and German benchmarking and hardware sites as due to their fabulous retail thriving countries usually have something up asap. Also GeForce.com might be worth a look in to see if the do a break down on features (here's what they did for Black Flag).

Though it goes without saying it's going to be a demanding titles one thing that very few benchmarks show is scalability. Alright fair enough benchmarking is a time consuming task and going through each setting and ascertaining their performance costs is even more hard work but to be fair that's the most informative benchamrk you can do.

So instead of the old 'here's how the game runs balls to the wall with every setting on 20 GPUs' why not break down a game in terms of performance per settings for everything. Maybe show a selections of setting configurations each hardware would need for various target resolutions and framerates. You do get it with some benchmarks and it's usually Anti Aliasing implementations that get the graph treatment but something that broke down every variable and then gave you an idea of what that looked like in stills and in motion could be a revelation. So you show someone here's how much HBAO+ costs in performance terms over the baseline SSAO and here's a comparison of both in stills and in gameplay of what both look like so the use can chose to see if the perfromance cost is worth it for the effect in hand. Or here's how various Environment Quality settings effect the visuals and what demands they place on various components like GPU and CPU with clear costs per level of implementation etc, etc.

While things have moved on an awful lot there's still work to be done and could be a great venture for someone committed to put in the hard work and crank out test after test and have a decent comparison website. Something like that might inform people a lot more and we might see the end of 'Why won't my 5 year old GPU and mid tier CPU run this spanking new game at maximum settings RWAARR!!!' type meltdowns internet wide.

Arthea

In other news, EA has cancelled Dawngate

edited:
what did I just read... Just Cause 3 is possibly f2p? The hell is wrong with you SE!
that can't be right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom