• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scipius

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but this game is horrid.

I think it's been patched a few times since when I tried to play it but yeah, this isn't the more in depth colony wars I was hoping for.

It is truly amazing how Egosoft decided to kill off their franchise right before it is going to receive more serious competition.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ubi's updated the unlock times for Unity. US gets it first in 6 days, 5 hours (and some change). I assume the pre-load will begin at some point over the weekend.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I should have installed isaac rebirth on my laptop so I can play at work.

the thirst is real

Tell me about it. I'm at work itching to get back and play it, and I've just realised that it's Fireworks Night and so I'll have to go outside and look at fireworks tonight rather than stay inside and play more Rebirth. Rubbish.

Dr Dogg

Mark of the Assassin is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Well what has been shown look very similar so fingers crossed.

I love AssFlag more than AC3 because AssFlag has some bloody amazing shanties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpYEM6KfjI
<3
Leave her Johnny, leave her~

I'm hoping by the time Rouge comes out on PC I'll be done with Unity and just enough breathing room not to get Ubi-rot. Oh who am I kidding I'm getting it for 360 on release day as well.

Arthea

played binding of isaac rebirth for about 7 hours straight

boom

only games I could play 7 hours straight are Civs and that's only because I never notice how much time passed, it always seems just an hour or so, 20 hours later, still looks like only an hour passed, etc. (><)

Oh. So that's why I couldn't find the Steam thread.

achievement unlocked:
"found the steam thread"

Dumb question time:

Is Guacamelee Super Turbo edition worth it if one already owns the vanilla version?

played binding of isaac rebirth for about 7 hours straight

boom

So I gather you're liking it, aren't you?

How do you like it compared to the original game?
Is it much easier?

Oh well with all this Binding of Isaac talking now I think I'll play more of the original, maybe I'll pass the Caves II some day.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
New UPlay Client Patch makes Client less annoying

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...&adbpr=420251437&cid=social_20141105_35042397

Includes Minimize option and running in background, also better support for Steam games.

also they are introducing new rewards in AC Unity when players reach certain location or milestone.

Won't Steam still think you are running the game if you minimize to background rather than exit? Ubi should make it auto exit on game shutdown, just like Origin has now.

Dumb question time:

Is Guacamelee Super Turbo edition worth it if one already owns the vanilla version
If you enjoyed the original version, yeah it's worth it.
It adds in another boss fight and two new areas to explore as well as a new ability(essentially it's a rage of the gods type move, where you just deal a bunch more damage and such)

If you already own Gold Edition on Steam I believe the newest version is only like $3 or something.

only games I could play 7 hours straight are Civs and that's only because I never notice how much time passed, it always seems just an hour or so, 20 hours later, still looks like only an hour passed, etc. (><)

achievement unlocked:
"found the steam thread"

Achievement Unlock:
"Subscribed to Steam Thread!"

We talking about asscreed? Well then, liberations>>ac3>ac4. Liberations was the last true ac game we got. I absolutely hate the ship stuff so that makes ac4 even worse than 3 since its the main focus of the fourth. Couldn't even be bothered to finish that snooze fest.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Interstellar makes me want a space game with oculus rift. A focused roller coaster ride experience.

We talking about asscreed? Well then, liberations>>ac3>ac4. Liberations was the last true ac game we got. I absolutely hate the ship stuff so that makes ac4 even worse than 3 since its the main focus of the fourth. Couldn't even be bothered to finish that snooze fest.
Aveline was the only good aspect of Liberations. The rest was depressingly limited by the Vita origins. She deserved better.

Dr Dogg

New UPlay Client Patch makes Client less annoying

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...&adbpr=420251437&cid=social_20141105_35042397

Includes Minimize option and running in background, also better support for Steam games.

also they are introducing new rewards in AC Unity when players reach certain location or milestone.

No mention of the bandwidth usage limit function or isn't that new?

Edit: Also there's a 'Take screenshot when Achievement unlocks' toggle I haven't seen before. No idea how hideous Uplay shots are though but nice touch. That shouldn't be that hard to do in Steam or Origin either.

Interstellar makes me want a space game with oculus rift. A focused roller coaster ride experience.

Aveline was the only good aspect of Liberations. The rest was depressingly limited by the Vita origins. She deserved better.
I played it on the vita so I had no beef with that. It was not only the last true ac game, but a good portable ac game.

got a jazzpunk booster pack, opened it and it had a foil. finally, opening a booster pack has paid off. thank you once again for the free monies, volvo.

If you enjoyed the original version, yeah it's worth it.

Yeah, I have played it for 12 hours so far and it is nice, albeit I cannot beat X'tabay, in the last part of the fights I am finding hard to perform the required combo on the keyboard - maybe it would be easier playing it with a controller I know -, a couple of times I was nearly there but eventually gave up out of frustration, one day I'm sure I'll pick it up again though.

If you already own Gold Edition on Steam I believe the newest version is only like $3 or something.

Yes, this is the right time to jump in, since the 86% off offer expires in a few days.

2014-11-05_09-19-52.jpg

lucky bastard ;)
I saw this too, didn't want to be a rube and message him but I was tempted. MK9 called out to me too hard in the last sale and I decided to bite, loved them up until UMK3. It's pretty fun but it might finally kill my 360 controller of fourish years.

Sad we're in community now, does that mean more late night circle jerks?

dex3108

No mention of the bandwidth usage limit function or isn't that new?

Edit: Also there's a 'Take screenshot when Achievement unlocks' toggle I haven't seen before. No idea how hideous Uplay shots are though but nice touch. That shouldn't be that hard to do in Steam or Origin either.

That is there since 4.0 update i think.

derExperte

Retro City Rampage DX: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/05/retro-city-rampage-dx-update/

RCR DX brings &#8211; hoo, let&#8217;s do this &#8211; changes to every mission, rebalanced weapons, new zoom modes, a &#8216;Retro+&#8217; graphics mode with better shadows and more effects, an &#8217;8-bit&#8217; graphics mode with a more retro look, new ways to evade the cops, a new weapons menu, tweaked controls, mouse support, an option to run at 60fps rather than 30, Saints Row-style magical garages, and&#8230; look, it changes an awful lot, so go read the announcement for the rest. This video shows off some of it too:

Update is free and due next week.

Ozium

remember remember
the fifth of november
the gunpowder treason and plot
i know of no reason
why the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot

CoD:AW MP in East Asia is a fucking wasteland, can't find available games even in popular modes like Domination and Kill Confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom