• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
In other news, EA has cancelled Dawngate

edited:
what did I just read... Just Cause 3 is possibly f2p? The hell is wrong with you SE!
that can't be right

Yeah....that's the worst thing. I love Just Cause 2 so damn much. *sigh*
First Sleeping Dogs, now possibly this....This industry.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Don't forget, we still have the Free 2 Play Deus Ex and Hitman reveals to look forward to as well. Nosgoth, Triad Wars, Just Cause 3, Deus Ex: Universe, and Hitman: Not Really Hitman.

I'm sure they'll get around to Lara Croft and Thief eventually as well.

Fantastapotamus

Don't forget, we still have the Free 2 Play Deus Ex and Hitman reveals to look forward to as well. Nosgoth, Triad Wars, Just Cause 3, Deus Ex: Universe, and Hitman: Not Really Hitman.

In the next Hitman you actually have to pay real money if you finish the level without your suit.

Apparently it's not f2p but not a traditional release either.

Rumours are, it's some sort of episodic thing, though I have no idea how that would work. Buy the open world now, and the missions later?

milena87

My poor heart ç_ç

I loved Deus Ex HR, Just Cause 2 and Sleeping Dogs. Why, Square, why?

Dr Dogg

Rumours are, it's some sort of episodic thing, though I have no idea how that would work. Buy the open world now, and the missions later?

If JC2 is anything to go by the open world is like 95% of the content copy and pasted ad nauseum where as the missions are doing the same shit you did to 'unlock' them but with some dick along for the ride filling you in about what supposedly is happening in the story. JC2 felt like a blowing shit up simulator first and foremost with the story tacked on.

Arthea

this sounds depressingly feasible

Finished Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, took me less than 4hrs to complete it and I can barely remember any of it due to how dull it was.

There was one bit where a giant dump truck tried to run me over and then I used that to break into a prison and I'm surprised the game managed to make it so uninteresting, perhaps I'm being unfair since it is a fairly old game, should I give the sequel a look?

Fantastapotamus

Finished Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, took me less than 4hrs to complete it and I can barely remember any of it due to how dull it was.

There was one bit where a giant dump truck tried to run me over and then I used that to break into a prison and I'm surprised the game managed to make it so uninteresting, perhaps I'm being unfair since it is a fairly old game, should I give the sequel a look?

Sequel is even shorter, more boring and has the most jaring ending I've ever seen. (In a "that's it? What?" kinda way) So if you like bad&boring games, sure. You'll love the first one after playing the sequel, so that's a positive

Kaleinc

Banned

Dog days is so much better and has unique camera effect, go for it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Retro City Rampage™ will get a huge content update next week. All previous owners will also get this for free. There is no information if this will be a new game entry or just the old game will be updated to the DX version.

Edit: Seems like it will be an update of the old game. Still need confirmation

http://steamcommunity.com/app/204630/discussions/0/620696521964730224/

Awesome. I really liked what he was trying to do with RCR, although the execution felt a little flat at times. Hopefully this rounds things out and improves all the little things. Will definitely go back and give this another go once it's out.

Arthea

Apparently only two people on my friendlist have Strata, I couldn't believe my eyes.
Even Jasec doesn't have it?! what on earth
As I wish you all good, here is why you want it.

Strata is a game about weaving patterns in a way that you are asked to do. There is certain order to discover that helps you to achieve your goal and gameplay is mostly figuring out what that order is (meaning imagining and thinking) and then quickly implementing it until you haven't forgot all chain (><)
You probably can do it by trial and error, but that would take much more time, so it's 100% a puzzle game. It looks really nice, music helps thinking too.
Also a game isn't particularly long and not expensive. If you like puzzles at all, consider buying it, it's original and interesting, not to mention doesn't overstay its welcome.

JaseC has it. 20 people on my list have it

really? when I go to who plays this game, I'm shown only two people owning it, and Jasec isn't among them. Is it a glitch? There are about 20 people who has it in their wishlist, according to steam.

Deques

Apparently only two people on my friendlist have Strata, I couldn't believe my eyes.

JaseC has it
. 20 people on my list have it

really? when I go to who plays this game, I'm shown only two people owning it, and Jasec isn't among them. Is it a glitch? There are about 20 people who has it in their wishlist, according to steam.

You are checking those who have played it recently, not who owns it

NCrDDph.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Strata is a game about weaving patterns in a way that you are asked to do. There is certain order to discover that helps you to achieve your goal and gameplay is mostly figuring out what that order is (meaning imagining and thinking) and then quickly implementing it until you haven't forgot all chain (><)
You probably can do it by trial and error, but that would take much more time, so it's 100% a puzzle game. It looks really nice, music helps thinking too.
Also a game isn't particularly long and not expensive. If you like puzzles at all, consider buying it, it's original and interesting, not to mention doesn't overstay its welcome.
I had that on the iPhone. It's pretty good.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
oh! it's an iOS game, that might explain why, people already played it.

Yeah, I remember having it a few years ago. The art style is very simple and elegant, and some of the puzzles are a little tricky. It's decent. Not sure I'd pay the £2.79 that Steam is asking for it though, but that's because I've already been through it.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

NOT THE ROBOTS -- MB-5FEBA6526DD24529 - Taken by wetflame
IONBALL 2 IONSTORM -- MB-250589CCE342F5E9 - Taken by NingenJanai

MayMay

Banned
So AC:Unity come out on Tuesday.. When will the benchmark come out? I need to know if my GPU can run it :(

If its like Watch_Dogs, probably around Saturday/Sunday. Uplay is kinda shitty so if you have a retail key the games tend to unlock early. (Main reason why I'm not pre-ordering on Steam - but rather gonna get a retail copy this week and try my luck with activating it lol)

Dr Dogg

So I was doing my usual snooping around various hardware etailers when it strikes me the Titan Z's have had a massive price cut across the board. Scan have them as low as £1,100, OcUK have them starting at £1,000 and Amazon have them direct at £1,130. Still stupid money for a gaming GPU but if you need a render card or need a compute card that it stupidly good value for money. Especially when you consider a Tesla goes for about 3 times the cost at half the CUDA cores.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I was doing my usual snooping around various hardware etailers when it strike me the Titan Z's have had a massive price cut across the board. Scan have them as low as £1,100, OcUK have them starting at £1,000 and Amazon have them direct at £1,130. Still stupid money for a gaming GPU but if you need a render card or need a compute card that it stupidly good value for money. Especially when you consider a Tesla goes for about 3 times the cost at half the CUDA cores.

When AMD announced the 295X2 and Nvidia later shelved the Titan Z, I thought it was because the pricing was being re-evaluated due to the X2 being cheaper by $1500... but nonetheless somebody still thought that $3k would be a good idea. Nvidia's hubris is comical sometimes.

Dr Dogg

When AMD announced the 295X2 and Nvidia later shelved the Titan Z, I thought it was because the pricing was being re-evaluated due to the X2 being cheaper by $1500... but nonetheless somebody still thought that $3k would be a good idea.

Well you can pick up a 295X2 for around £650 now. These high end dual GPU cards have always been marque white elephants but the pricing on the Titan Z was just bonkers. Even more so when 2 Titan Blacks worked out significantly cheaper. But when you look at it from outside a gaming application it was still cheap compared to professional compute cards. I guess the branding and marketing for the Titan Z was done on bring your daughter to work day.

Arthea

So I was doing my usual snooping around various hardware etailers when it strikes me the Titan Z's have had a massive price cut across the board. Scan have them as low as £1,100, OcUK have them starting at £1,000 and Amazon have them direct at £1,130. Still stupid money for a gaming GPU but if you need a render card or need a compute card that it stupidly good value for money. Especially when you consider a Tesla goes for about 3 times the cost at half the CUDA cores.

*faints*
that's low?!

Square wants to kill their western franchises -_-

only western? unfortunately that's not the case, they are bent on killing everything, it would seem

still I wouldn't call it low, you know, that's almost the price of i7, 980, medium size ssd upgrade, last time I checked!
well, not really, but it sounds good (><)

Dr Dogg

*faints*
that's low?!still I wouldn't call it low, you know, that's almost the price of i7, 980, medium size ssd upgrade, last time I checked!
well, not really, but it sounds good (><)

That's pretty much why I said it's crazy as a gaming GPU.

Let's say Tommy has £1,000 to spend on some new graphics cards. He could buy 1 Titan Z, or he could buy 2 980's, or he could buy 3 780Ti's or even 4 970's. Even though SLI performance falls off a cliff after adding a third and even more so a forth card they would all probably offer greater performance than 1 Titan Z and all be cheaper options.

That's not to say the Titan Z is a waste of time and money as it has some key advantages away from gaming. It has at least 2gb of VRAM extra on the framebuffer and a larger memory bus than the Maxwell cards which in rendering situations the wider, faster and more memory you have the better. It also has the ability to handle double precision compute workloads which none of the other card combination can offer.

So why on earth it's been branded as a GeForce card I'll never know but hey it makes for a nice poster child even if the pricing is extravagant.

this is getting fucking ridiculous :/

Bah I got some Dr Pepper Mass Effect 2 in game items from a 7/11 promo and I never stepped in one or drank anything Peppery for donkeys years.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Bah I got some Dr Pepper Mass Effect 2 in game items from a 7/11 promo and I never stepped in one or drank anything Peppery for donkeys years.

yeah, but still ... bloody shaving cream? O_O

what's next? exclusive sidemission DLCs included with tampons? :/

Dr Dogg

yeah, but still ... bloody shaving cream? O_O

what's next? exclusive sidemission DLCs included with tampons? :/

Hahaha if only!

The internet will be up in arms at Ubisoft again saying they are deliberately targeting men with this game by having no female playable characters and now a promo for mens shaving foam. That if they were a progressive company they would have a identical promotion of female depilatory cream.

That shit stings like crazy.

Arthea

As I said before, I would want AssCreed with a female character, especially if it ended up being a better game than other AssCreeds I played (><)
but that not gonna happen

I agree, female Ass would be better :)
you see? everybody gets it but ubi (><)

Arthea

Well, isn't that an Assassins Creed with a female protagonist?

ya, but also AssCreed 3 was bloody boring!
I didn't mean some spinoff, I mean a new game, in some cool place

Believe!

I'm actually quite looking forward to a China based AC regardless that it's 2.5D. Mark of the Ninja was awesome so even if it rips that off then it's all gravy.

yup, this would make me want to buy it

Dr Dogg

As I said before, I would want AssCreed with a female character, especially if it ended up being a better game than other AssCreeds I played (><)
but that not gonna happen
Believe!

I'm actually quite looking forward to a China based AC regardless that it's 2.5D. Mark of the Ninja was awesome so even if it rips that off then it's all gravy.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-6BD20EC3C7FB4115 - Taken by Shadownet

dex3108

I am not saying that those small exclusive DLCs are ok but in 2014. people are still buying DLCs not game. People are complaining because one sword is not in game even if there are 20-30 other swords in game.

Chariot

ya, but also AssCreed 3 was bloody boring!
I didn't mean some spinoff, I mean a new game, in some cool place
Yeah, would be nice. Just imagine a japanese AssCreed where you play a woman and has to change clothes for different situations. Sometimes hidden as a male, sometimes a geisha and sometimes just in simple, yet practical clothes. Clothes should totally change the way people move. You can't just make the acrobatic stunts in a kimono as in plain peasant clothes.

I am not saying that those small exclusive DLCs are ok but in 2014. people are still buying DLCs not game. People are complaining because one sword is not in game even if there are 20-30 other swords in game.
People complain about everything. The problem lies with the usual DLC policy in general, not with this specific kind of ad DLCs.

Dr Dogg

But it's not complete!!!

In all the AC's since the first very rarely have the weapons made that much of a difference as to how effective you are. Even more so Brohood onwards where combo kills and counters are auto kills with either generous or no timing window at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom