• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust

Some keys that got automatically revealed on Humble. I assume because at some point I attempted to activate them with the oauth thingy when I already had them on account.
Most should work. If they don't then tough luck, I won't make any guarantees :p
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Civilization III Complete -- MB-062650CCF5C1226C - Taken by fertygo. 2 entrants total.
Beyond Divinity -- MB-C48F6C8B2423C5B1 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Audiosurf -- MB-76D68D10272A4244 - Taken by TWILT. 3 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-EE276E6C1298E44E - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 3 entrants total.
Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-CCF92AC3CC4F0D04 - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.
Type Rider -- MB-1B18D50D86291766 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-77EBC09DE7807795 - Taken by Corvo Jensen. 1 entrants total.
Sanctum 2 -- MB-63B6FD91E474D2B9 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly 2 -- MB-20C9074F79FCF927 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam First Encounter -- MB-1A75CEDD949EE61E - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Skyborn -- MB-9754368ED053329C - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-0C84101135E1861A - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.
Type Rider #2 -- MB-6345055574F18484 - Taken by Belgarion. 4 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-71B6F8621660A4D5 - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
Blast Em Plus Source Code -- MB-B6FAECF0660A772C - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Divine Divinity -- MB-7B2E2EDFD6951B85 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 2 entrants total.
Puddle -- MB-677A5A2E3B28A87B - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-4F52437FC3EF5EA6 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-F8EF2E51578DDFAA - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.

t1446764405z1.png

someone on the Steam forums for New Darksiders II put up a fix to at least be able to run the game (had to turn off Steam Sync for the game and delete some option files for it)

seems like the new version has the same problem for me as the old version with being stuttery a bit even though it says 60 FPS...had to use RadeonPro again to render a frame ahead

chronomac

Wait so....they're not allowed to even say when their review will be up until that first date?

Correct. But this happens more often than you think. If you've ever seen a bunch of reviews hit for a game at the same time and were generally surprised, then those outlets might have had an embargo on when they could drop talk about dropping said reviews.

Momentary

Banned
$6 is perfectly fine to ask for an upgrade to that new edition, I hope most people can agree with that. It's a new publisher who went back to that old ass game because they still saw some value in it, did some stuff, fixed some things, charge a bit of money for it. Whatever.

They fixed the game so well it doesn't run. It deserves the rating it has on that front as well. People were outraged over Dark Soul II for what they did and they should be outraged here as well. Where was the free copy there. It has nothing to do with a fucking plus 1. Stop trying to generalize people. It's fucking infuriating.

This company made a patch and better incorporated DLC into the main game and tried to make a quick buck off of people who bought the game initially years ago. This isn't a Metro 2033 humungous overhaul.

Eila

But the change was done by the original dev. What are SP supposed to do?

I'm not terribly familiar with this project but telling the devs to have a toggle for 4:3 and 16:9 would be a nice start. It really shouldn't be too hard. That's the way to make everyone happy.

They fixed the game so well it doesn't run. It deserves the rating it has on that front as well. People were outraged over Dark Soul II for what they did and they should be outraged here as well. Has nothing to do with a fucking plus 1. Stop trying generalize people. It's fucking infuriating.

If it's a broken mess, doesn't it matter even less if you got it for free or not? If you paid for it you can get a refund.

Jazz573

I'm not terribly familiar with this project but telling the devs to have a toggle for 4:3 and 16:9 would be a nice start. It really shouldn't be too hard. That's the way to make everyone happy.

SP is asking AKABEiSOFT2 to allow for an option of uncropped CGs. We'll have to just wait and see what happens. While I retract my statement about downvoting, I'd still recommend against buying it.

MUnited83

For you.
They fixed the game so well it doesn't run.
Its such a good "remaster" that the game itself can't differentiate between itself and the old version and so uses the old versions save and settings files making everything crash. This is quite amusing.

Requested and received my first Steam refund yesterday. It does say it can take up to 7 days for the credit to reflect on my Steam wallet. What has been the averaging amount of time for folks to be able to use the credit?

Chariot

Requested and received my first Steam refund yesterday. It does say it can take up to 7 days for the credit to reflect on my Steam wallet. What has been the averaging amount of time for folks to be able to use the credit?
Earliest I had was four days I think. But that was Sakura Fantasy, they may have forwarded this extra fast.

Momentary

Banned
That was never what we were talking about. Of course telling people when a game is broken is fine.

Yes, and you responded with this:

If it's a broken mess, doesn't it matter even less if you got it for free or not? If you paid for it you can get a refund.

After I mentioned that it's a piss poor practice to charge for a minor update. Stop trying to make it seem like I'm the one de-railing here bro.

Eila

Less than 7 days.
I've refunded a few times, generally takes maybe 3 days. But they've been talking about improving their customer service, so maybe it's gotten better since then.

Nabs

I recently refunded SFV. It took about 2 days for the money to go back to the card, and about a week for the Steam credit to clear.

Sch1sm

Only refund I had was accepted within the day and refunded to PayPal within two. Not too bad a wait.

Nabs

Was your main not in the beta?

Beta, release, and year after release. None of the characters speak to me yet. Alex is probably the closest to my heart, but only if they bring back Jazzy NYC.

I'll still pick it up, just not at $60. I just hate holding onto preorders for so long.

zkylon

zkylewd
$20 to buy what is essentially a Director's Cut version with some enhancements to the visuals and online gameplay is perfectly reasonable in my book. Expecting to get it for free is back to the problem of "gamer entitlement" -- which many will try to compare the Darksiders 2 DE situation to, though they'd be incorrect in doing so. The Darksiders issue is about what's fair, not what anyone is entitled to. If nobody got anything free and Nordic just offered a blanket discount on the DE as Pixeljunk did with Shooter Ultimate, the outrage and anger shouldn't be anywhere near as voluminous..
ok, $20 for the upgrade is a really shitty loyalty discount

it was 20 dollars for a patch, something that other companies that are not shitty to their fans would give out for free. if it was obsidian or inxile or cdpr it'd be free but because it's a major publisher you get charged for it

"entitlement" doesn't have anything to do with anything dude, no one was expecting it for free, but cmon. having to pay for dx11 is ludicrous, and then the two other upgrades of enemy placement and multiplayer are just stuff that could've been easily been part of a free patch. now if you're gonna charge me for that then ok, fine, just don't rip me off, that's all i'm saying.

also don't forget how they split the community by making it two different servers for dx9 and dx11. even new players got screwed by buying into a dead community because there's just not enough of a playerbase in either server anymore.

the ripoff version of dks2 was a mess, might not be the exact same scenario as this game but it was still a really shitty thing

fertygo

I recently got warning because refunding too much (woes in me because I trying to look I can play those game decently with my disabilities or not) say they might not give me power to do so anymore.

Is that "restriction" will gone with time?

Jawmuncher

I recently got warning because refunding too much (woes in me because I trying to look I can play those game decently with my disabilities or not) say they might not give me power to do so anymore.

Is that "restriction" will gone with time?

You might just have to try games another way, if Steam is going to hammer you about refunds. I think you just need to cool down on it. Space out the refunds more for them to not take it away. I don't believe it's a numbered system like "You can only have 5 refunds". They just don't want you buying refund rinse and repeat very close to each other.

Uzzy

Great. I hope this includes new missions as well.
Invisible Inc. would be totally in my GOTY list if it had a bit more variety and long-term content.

It looks like there's new difficulty levels and side objectives, but it doesn't look like there's whole new missions.

Still, the new agents look cool. The redhead especially!

Played several hours of Consortium. Game has definitely a slow start. Bland character models and cryptic topics made myself a lot contemplating just quitting at first. But thankfully I did pull through the bad beginning. 4 hours in now and things are getting a shape slowly. Crewmates' personalities have formed bit by bit in my head. Main story has still not even started I guess (?) since almost all I am doing is menial work and crime solving. Defo was expecting a more space sci-fi themed game, hah. It's not a bad thing though. In fact, dialogues and world-building do take their time but that helps settling stuff in your mind. There's a lot of talking and reading involved which might deter people who are expecting an indie Mass Effect of sorts. For now it feels like an adventure game. No combat involved in 4 hours says something - to be fair, I choose to solve a mission by talking. Many different things to do, talking with the crew, trying to solve a crime, helping out with repairs, even a small "turret section" of sorts - which was surprisingly fun and a nice welcome change. I am interested to see where the big picture of things will take the story. So far there is still a lot of new info being dumped on me constantly. The game demands serious patience. Hope the pace starts picking up rather soon than not, as I want to get to the main story now.

XXM2mS7.png
At the crime scene
sDgJLzt.png

Crawling through the ship ala Star Trek
XbBpO6D.png

A lot of attention to detail by devs. This scene could have been so easily overlooked and I'm sure we will come back to it later.
zirnKUD.png

Simple but fun turret section
yBl6eVh.png

Not sure how much credit for "predicting the future" can be given for a 2013 game, ha.
vVJfely.png
esKjfSg.png

As mentioned earlier, certain indie game "traits" like bad models, animations and sounds especially in this case, have to be stomached.

Yup. Second key is invalid too.
Oh shit buddy. That hurts to even read :/
ONE LAST HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!
Played a game, missed Spintires.
Lesson learned. Never leave the thread.

fertygo

You might just have to try games another way, if Steam is going to hammer you about refunds. I think you just need to cool down on it. Space out the refunds more for them to not take it away. I don't believe it's a numbered system like "You can only have 5 refunds". They just don't want you buying refund rinse and repeat very close to each other.

I think I have 5-6 refund in two month and spaced quite far between each other

I guess I'll more careful in 1-3 month with refund

Voiceless Edition : $13.99
Voiced Edition : $27.99

Interesting idea considering that most VNs that come to steam are imo way too expensive, i guess it can be good for people that dont really care for voices.

Trying Black Ops 3's "realistic" one hit kill mode and the second I died after entering combat I got sent back.....5 minutes and had a to watch an unskippable cutscene again.

Edit: Got rid of the lean Black Ops 2 had as well :/

Edit 2: Despite you going down in one hit enemies don't get the same downside. No heaven or hell mode.

yuraya

Happy to see Deathinitive get downvoted to hell n back. Such a scumbag move what they did.

Pay money for a patch because fuck you give me money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom