• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
VN fans should downvote positive reviews for G-Senjou no Maou. I don't blame SP for the CG cropping (it's was the devs who did it), but locking and deleting threads bringing the issue to light, is absolutely abhorrent. They claim they're not allowed to talk about it, but even so, there's no reason for their behaviour. Apparently SP is asking the dev for the uncropped CGs so hopefully it works out, but if not I can't support it.

How is that a reasonable way to deal with that situation? Downvoting reviews of people who have different priorities than you and don't care as much about "cropping" - that SP had no hand in - and some Steam forum drama? Skip the game, give SP feedback and move on. There is nothing inherently wrong with that release.

EsCSLlT.png

Sorry but this review is also childish as hell and doesn't benefit anyone.

You're better than this SteamGAF.

Never had any problems with Funstock and there's no reason to think they are being shady by any means. I am sure that you will get your keys (try mailing them your order number on Twitter like other people seem to do ATM, there seems to be an larger issue with the keys)

I've hear of people's BLOPS keys from funstock missing a character. I'm assuming they're copying retail keys by hand and that's where the errors come from.

MUnited83

For you.
How is that a reasonable way to deal with that situation? Downvoting reviews of people who have different priorities than you and don't care as much about "cropping" - that SP had no hand in - and some Steam forum drama?

Seems like a very accurate review though. I'd expect SteamGAF to call out bullshit when there's bullshit.

Seems like a very accurate review though. I'd expect SteamGAF to call out bullshit when there's bullshit.

It doesn't review the game, it reviews the silly situation around the game that people have blown way out of proportion.

PS3 and Xbox 360 owners also don't get that "patch" for free (or at all) and I don't see them tanking the metacritic user score or anything

r3n4ud

It doesn't review the game, it reviews the silly situation around the game that people have blown way out of proportion.

PS3 and Xbox 360 owners also don't get that "patch" for free (or at all) and I don't see them tanking the metacritic user score or anything
Way out of proportion? So you think it's okay to punish the early adopters?

MUnited83

For you.

I'd hope they would if a free upgrade was given for the PS3 owners that bought a Bundle of DS+DS2+DLC but not given to people who bought every single thing individually.

As it stands though, your comparison makes no darn sense at all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I agree that it doesn't review the game (there are plenty of other reviews detailing how the game crashes and is buggy) I feel it's important to point out this kind of bullshit, and Steam Reviews legitimately matter to publishers. A page full of bad reviews can make or break a game, especially at a critical time such as during the game's release. If I simply had another review about how it crashes (it does, for me) then Nordic would take this feedback to their next release and say "We did everything right except there was a game-breaking bug" and try to pull this shit again next time. They need to know that bad decisions like these can lead to unhappy customers, of which I am. I doubt they'll do anything about this particular situation, but hopefully reviews such as mine make them think twice in the future about pulling a similar stunt.

As for your comment about PS3 and Xbox 360 owners - it's apples to oranges. What if they came out and said "Only those PS3 and Xbox 360 owners that bought the game at Walmart for $9.99 or less in the last 6 months will be eligible for an upgrade"? There would be the same level of shitstorm - perhaps worse.

Momentary

Banned

So it's okay that they didn't get it for free? How does this make the situation okay? It's not my fault the just "take it." PC community isn't like this thankfully and are quick to call out bullshit practices.

Especially over something that is a patch and breaks the game.

Well the second replacement keys I got were invalid too. Asked for a third set. Those finally worked, so it's all good.

Although I did notice something interesting.

The difference between the first and second keys of both my orders...

6 was replaced by G
7 was replaced by T
Z was replaced by 2

You know when that happens?

When you're reading a scan.

Phawx

It does however highlight what is going to others that might not be aware there is a situation at all.

While I also think the situation is overblown, any paying customer has the right to write whatever kind of review they want. The review will rise and fall in the review rankings based on feedback of other users.

r3n4ud

I'm going to give this game a bad review because some people got if for free but I didn't seems reasonable to you?
I paid full price for the game and picked up all the dlc at half off. I don't get a free update when others do and bought the full package during a sale.

Phawx

Well the second replacement keys I got were invalid too. Asked for a third set. Those finally worked, so it's all good.

6 was replaced by G
7 was replaced by T
Z was replaced by 2

Oh shit.

Hektor

6 was replaced by G
7 was replaced by T
Z was replaced by 2

Funstock, right?
I've got XCOM 2 preordered there. Mhmmmm.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm going to give this game a bad review because some people got if for free but I didn't seems reasonable to you?
Uh, yes it does? The people that got it for free got it because they own every single piece of software others do but only they get it because they bought a differently named package? And also doesn't apply to people who bought the "FRANCHISE PACK" that was sold on Amazon?

This shit is unfair and stupid. Period.

Momentary

Banned
Uh, yes it does? The people that got it for free got it because they own every single piece of software others do but only they get it because they bought a differently named package? And also doesn't apply to people who bought the "FRANCHISE PACK" that was sold on Amazon?

I own every piece of DLC and got everything on day one. Yet I'm punished for being an early adopter because I didn't pay for a name change bundle.

I disagree. It makes customers aware of the "loyalty" they can expect from purchasing games published by Nordic, so there is a benefit here. If people don't care about that, they can ignore the review and scan through the rest of the content for reviews regarding gameplay or technical performance.

I fully back jshackles review and think it's absolutely useful and belongs on the page.

still waiting for vita version

Me too. I picked up someone's extra key for the game relatively cheap and have been meaning to play it, but a lot of the time, I really do prefer gaming on my Vita.

it was like 20 bucks, cmon...

$20 to buy what is essentially a Director's Cut version with some enhancements to the visuals and online gameplay is perfectly reasonable in my book. Expecting to get it for free is back to the problem of "gamer entitlement" -- which many will try to compare the Darksiders 2 DE situation to, though they'd be incorrect in doing so. The Darksiders issue is about what's fair, not what anyone is entitled to. If nobody got anything free and Nordic just offered a blanket discount on the DE as Pixeljunk did with Shooter Ultimate, the outrage and anger shouldn't be anywhere near as voluminous.

Exactly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It does however highlight what is going to others that might not be aware there is a situation at all.

Exactly. I stand by my review.

It sucks that I had to spend $6 to write it, but hopefully it lets people know more about the situation and why people are so upset.

Momentary

Banned
You know what mind blowing? Telling gamers on a certain platform who know better to shut the fuck up because people on other platforms just deal with it even if it's a shady business practice.

Monooboe

By the way, I have played like 12 hours of Batman Arkham Knight this week. The actual storyline missions etc. are really good and entertaining and some of the side missions are really good too (until you have to repeat each of them 3-10 times). And pretty much all the car missions. And I decided not to bother with Riddler trophies which made the game even better.

It's really a shame that the PC port wasn't solid from day 1
and screw modern open world filler part 100

Yeah I've also been playing it and I'm really liking it, much more than I thought I would.

I apparently poked a hornet's nest so I'm not going to quote everyone.

$6 is perfectly fine to ask for an upgrade to that new edition, I hope most people can agree with that. It's a new publisher who went back to that old ass game because they still saw some value in it, did some stuff, fixed some things, charge a bit of money for it. Whatever.

Now, they made the mistake of being too generous by also giving copies away for free to certain people, but did it in a bit of an awkward way so people got envious. It's a little bit unfair, yes, but not a reason to review bomb the game and call Nordic Satan.

If they simply charged everyone $6 they would have avoided this PR disaster, but because people can't stand the thought of missing out on a +1 it ended up like this. I already see that I won't convince anyone, so keep being outraged until the publisher buckles and you get what you want.

Knurek

New Steam client version.

Improved startup times for users with a large number of games

Seems relevant to this thread.

chronomac

Anyone have a breakdown of how the original Darksiders 2 for PC performs and looks compared to the new edition (I don't want to call it by its official name)? I've seen the PS4/Xbox One vs. old edition comparison on DF, but I want something considerable for the 2 PC versions.

I see a lot of reviews for the new edition that hit right after it went live, which makes me think those people didn't really dig into what was offered.

So every time I start Steam it just crashes? anyone have a problem like this? Should I reinstall it? Sometimes it opens up, but when I hit "Store" it crashes. It force closes.

Phawx

I apparently poked a hornet's nest so I'm not going to quote everyone.

$6 is perfectly fine to ask for an upgrade to that new edition, I hope most people can agree with that. It's a new publisher who went back to that old ass game because they still saw some value in it, did some stuff, fixed some things, charge a bit of money for it. Whatever.

Now, they made the mistake of being too generous by also giving copies away for free to certain people, but did it in a bit of an awkward way so people got envious. It's a little bit unfair, yes, but not a reason to review bomb the game and call Nordic Satan.

If they simply charged everyone $6 they would have avoided this PR disaster, but because people can't stand the thought of missing out on a +1 it ended up like this. I already see that I won't convince anyone, so keep being outraged until the publisher buckles and you get what you want.

I agree but they didn't.

Jawmuncher

so keep being outraged until the publisher buckles and you get what you want.

everythingisgoingacco2lsz8.gif

All According to Dinokaku

But in all seriousness, their handling of the situation was just bad.
You dont say this is a loyalty program and tier in that manner. Hell especially when they say this
"Our original plan was to have the free copy unlocked for everyone owning Darksiders II and ALL DLCs, but unfortunately this was not possible from a purely technical point of view (on Steam). Therefore we chose to give our loyal fans the closest possible option to this original plan:"
Wouldn't the closest then be 99% off?

From what I've seen so far of Black Ops III, the campaign isn't that great. Seems like it's much shorter than Advanced Warfare, and riffing off the exact same story beats.

Little OT, is there someone who's using firefox that has problems with searching on google? If I search anything and I click on the links nothing happens, and if I open the link in a new tab it gives me error 404. Chrome doesn't have this problem

Uzzy

Invisible, Inc. is getting DLC next week.

Four new agents, two new starting programs and the usual array of new items, augments and weapons. Looks like the DLC will also expand the campaign's midgame, which is a great thing really. I very much enjoyed the game's campaign, but it did kinda feel short, in the sense that by the time you got your team together you barely had any time left before you had to launch the final mission. A little more time in the midgame, just so you can get to know your team, would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom