• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So while everyone is cheering on the downvoters of Darksiders 2 reviews, I'm getting eaten alive in the VN thread for even suggesting people should downvote G-Senjou no Maou reviews. :p

You have my sword.
The crop toggle option someone mentioned was a good idea, I hope they implement that down the line.

looks good , maybe a little too similar to mario galaxy at least from what i see in the images from the steam page but thats not really a bad thing

ss_4a53fb71f084528e514cd6e668f40d60b22bbe6b.600x338.jpg

Yeah I got an e-mail about that, wonder if it'll be paid or if those who pledged will get access to it for free.

zkylon

zkylewd
Indivisible's rendition of Shovel Knight looks pretty cool. Though, seeing all this cool stuff makes the inevitable failure of the campaign even more depressing.
i don't do pledges on indiegogo until i know a project is 100% funded cos refunds in argieland leave you with less money than before becasue to taxes and exchange rates

i wonder how many ppl are in a similar position, waiting for the last day or something?

either way, it really sucks the project seems to be doomed, i still don't know what their beef with kickstarter is, but if they just moved over there i'd back it in a second

Jazz573

You have my sword.
The crop toggle option someone mentioned was a good idea, I hope they implement that down the line.

Yeah I got an e-mail about that, wonder if it'll be paid or if those who pledged will get access to it for free.

SP's asking AKABEiSOFT2 if they'll allow for an option of uncropped CGs.

Requested and received my first Steam refund yesterday. It does say it can take up to 7 days for the credit to reflect on my Steam wallet. What has been the averaging amount of time for folks to be able to use the credit?

Takes about 3-4 days for the money to go from pending to usable in your Steam wallet.

Voiceless Edition : $13.99
Voiced Edition : $27.99

Interesting idea considering that most VNs that come to steam are imo way too expensive, i guess it can be good for people that dont really care for voices.

This is a pretty clever idea. Licensing for Japanese voice acting is typically quite expensive and raises the costs for the localization company significantly.

Ozium

rocket league def in top 3 for goty for me along with contradiction, fuck mgsv and fallout 4... pick real games

Jazz573

Takes about 3-4 days for the money to go from pending to usable in your Steam wallet.

This is a pretty clever idea. Licensing for Japanese voice acting is typically quite expensive and raises the costs for the localization company significantly.

There's a 30% discount on the game right now. The unvoiced + voice DLC is actually more expensive than the voiced version.

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

How to Survive -- MB-097639AD1D9C08C0 - Taken by Cyldman
Jazzpunk -- MB-102EFAE007530BAA - Taken by Anteater
Overlord -- MB-DECB285D3697BFEC - Taken by alr1ght
Overlord II -- MB-4D5E43E29CAE924E - Taken by Last Baron
It Came from Space, and Ate Our Brains -- MB-E7688D03189E1737 - Taken by Kuroyume

I think I played realistic difficulty from COD1 to like MW3. Never again. Most of that is pure bullshit you just need to beat your head against.
Nah, that's veteran. You can take a few and get to cover. Here it's literally one bullet and poof. So silly.

Died in the middle of a scripted event because of one well placed shot, lol.

Hinomura

Hhhey... that's Iga :O
End of the month discount? I'm in! ^___^

And about Funstock/GMG BLOPS III matter, I'm really confused. Both of them should be perfectly legal places to buy from, but they are shading toward g2a & friends: Funstock doesn't give instantly deliver keys, and it's happening they're giving not working keys, while GMG are selling not-officially-obtained keys, since when I don't know, but there was quite a mess when they started selling Witcher 3.

I really don't know what to think. It's true you can compare buying from a "friend" or a "trader" to ie g2a marketplace, but the "friend" / "trader" is usually a trusted person while g2a marketplace is totally random - that means you can buy a working key from cheaper markets countries (do you remember russian bear, yes?), GPU codes, etc, but it could happen it's stolen keys (credit card chargeback and so on); sometimes it's keys from bundles - and I don't get why developers/publishers get angry in this case since it's them to have put their game in a bundle, so they know what could happen.

What if other reliable sellers behave in a similar way? Should we limit our purchases to Steam (waiting for the sales and the dailies...) or should we start considering other not-authorized key resellers with a certain degree of "reliability" - blacklisting them when stolen keys occur?

To me dev/pub getting money from the transaction is a MUST, but how can I be so sure it's going the right way?

Corpekata

Banned
It's a single player thing, you die in one hit. Enemies take normal damage though, lol.

Wha? At that enemies take normal damage thing. Almost all of the "realistic" modes I've played seem to give the same damage model to the enemy as the player. That's the entire appeal. You can die fast but so does the enemy. Just making a "one hit and you're dead" mode in a shooter like that is odd given how many enemies are often on screen.

Sober

How many Fallout 4 graphics threads could there possibly be on gaming side?

Jeez we get it, it doesn't look like the best damn thing ever. Everyone complaining is still gonna play it, right?

(I forgot, this is GAF, no one plays games)

Monooboe

And about Funstock/GMG BLOPS III matter, I'm really confused. Both of them should be perfectly legal places to buy from, but they are shading toward g2a & friends: Funstock doesn't give instantly deliver keys, and it's happening they're giving not working keys, while GMG are selling not-officially-obtained keys, since when I don't know, but there was quite a mess when they started selling Witcher 3.

I really don't know what to think. It's true you can compare buying from a "friend" or a "trader" to ie g2a marketplace, but the "friend" / "trader" is usually a trusted person while g2a marketplace is totally random - that means you can buy a working key from cheaper markets countries (do you remember russian bear, yes?), GPU codes, etc, but it could happen it's stolen keys (credit card chargeback and so on); sometimes it's keys from bundles - and I don't get why developers/publishers get angry in this case since it's them to have put their game in a bundle, so they know what could happen.

What if other reliable sellers behave in a similar way? Should we limit our purchases to Steam (waiting for the sales and the dailies...) or should we start considering other not-authorized key resellers with a certain degree of "reliability" - blacklisting them when stolen keys occur?

To me dev/pub getting money from the transaction is a MUST, but how can I be so sure it's going the right way?

I don't think it's shady like that, more like a retail place that sells games but also maybe sells those games digitally? Which I think is perfectly fine, I would love for some retail places to just send me the key instead of waiting for the package.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Jeez we get it, it doesn't look like the best damn thing ever. Everyone complaining is still gonna play it, right?

LOL I wont buy nor play that on the first year. Even then big chances are I will never buy it like Morrowind, FO3, NV, Oblivion and Skyrim.

I've pre-ordered last week and gonna play the hell out of it until December or maybe January. But I'm still complaining.
In fact, it's just weird if no one is complaining. The graphics is in fact underwhelming. As a huge Fallout fan I won't even deny that.

Hinomura

I don't think it's shady like that, more like a retail place that sells games but also maybe sells those games digitally? Which I think is perfectly fine, I would love for some retail places to just send me the key instead of waiting for the package.

That's the problem, if we're buying cd-keys scans, which stores are reliable? Or we should just limit ourself to GMG/Funstock because of reasons?

AHA-Lambda

That's the problem, if we're buying cd-keys scans, which stores are reliable? Or we should just limit ourself to GMG/Funstock because of reasons?

I'm starting to feel that nothing is reliable anymore outside of:
Steam
Amazon
GOG
Battle Net
Origin
UPlay

=/

I think I played realistic difficulty from COD1 to like MW3. Never again. Most of that is pure bullshit you just need to beat your head against.

Wha? At that enemies take normal damage thing. Almost all of the "realistic" modes I've played seem to give the same damage model to the enemy as the player. That's the entire appeal. You can die fast but so does the enemy. Just making a "one hit and you're dead" mode in a shooter like that is odd given how many enemies are often on screen.
It's really poorly done.

Everyone avoid realistic mode and play on the standard veteran!

AHA-Lambda

They have probably gone to sleep there over at FunStock? Seeing as they are from the UK.

Yeah, we're not going to see anything until morning now >_>

Ordinarily, I'd just try and cancel it and go GMG, but they're not guaranteeing Nuketown with theirs.
And if the Funstock one doesn't come with it, I'll go through them >_<

Monooboe

How could they sleep in the bed they shit in?
Yeah, they should get it sorted before calling it a day...

I have classes the entire day, and would be away from my PC for the next two, but this still sucks.
Yeah, the uncertainty of it all is the worst.

Yeah, we're not going to see anything until morning now >_>

Ordinarily, I'd just try and cancel it and go GMG, but they're not guaranteeing Nuketown with theirs.
And if the Funstock one doesn't come with it, I'll go through them >_<
But how would one know if it came with Nuketown until after activation? Going through the struggle of refunding would be a pain, the wait would be even longer.XD

That's it, I'm going to bed, damn FunStock, messes with my sleep cycles haha.

AHA-Lambda

But how would one know if it came with Nuketown until after activation? Going through the struggle of refunding would be a pain, the wait would be even longer.XD

Yeah you won't know until after activation, but if it doesn't come with it I want my money back, and I'd be well within my rights to do so as they prominently advertised it as so; they can just request to revoke the key and give me the money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom