• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I mean... it won't. No matter how bad they make it look it will still run like crap on launch.

It'll probably run worse if it looked better!

People in the screenshot thread were bringing up the argument that gameplay supersedes graphics.
Now it's going to perform well.

Has anyone actually played Bethesda games?

well that's true too!

But I think a lot of people don't actually care about performance on gaf, especially when you see a lot of people defending low framerate, like how low does it need to be before we could complain? I mean I get the whole "oh it's playable." I played a lot of shitty performing games too, I beat like some of the bosses in skyrim in literally a slideshow, but my god have some standard dude, and I think that probably could apply to graphics as well, at the end as long as I have a way to speak with my wallet (steam sale), I don't particularly care that much, but last gen it was pretty frustrating to see people defending games like bayonetta and some even pretend that the framerate issue was actually fixed with the latest patch, no it didn't, it's still shit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oof staying awake for ana ctual 24 hours is not a good idea IMO, but good luck. Honestly 1-ish hour Break every few hours or after beating a game is good so you can freshen up/revitalize yourself, I dont' think it HAS to be an exact 24 hours, but that's just me :3

Haha well I usually like to use Extra Life as an excuse to push myself. I will be taking short breaks (usually between games) to use the restroom, eat (quickly), and stretch my legs. I joke with my wife sometimes when I game excessively on the weekends (4-6 hours at a time sometimes) that I'm just "training for my marathon".

Tizoc

It'll probably run worse if it looked better!

well that's true too!

But I think a lot of people don't actually care about performance on gaf, especially when you see a lot of people defending low framerate, like how low does it need to be before we could complain? I mean I get the whole "oh it's playable. I played a lot of shitty performing games too, I beat like some of the bosses in skyrim in literally a slideshow, but my god have some standard dude, and I think that probably could apply to graphics as well, at the end as long as I have a way to speak with my wallet (steam sale), I don't particularly care that much.

DanganRonpa AE on the Vita ran OK but there were FPS performance issues that really irritated me and soured my experience playing the game.
Solid frame rate is very important IMO to better appreciate a game, it's part of the reason I liked DmC 2013 when I played it as the smooth 60 FPS really made me enjoy and appreciate the game a lot.

Dsyndrome

I'll play F4 for a day or two on PC, then either see a shiny object or get fed up with launch bugs, then go back to one of the 20 other RPG's I'm currently playing.

Actually, that's the cycle for every game this year.

What's the deal with Tunnelbear? Suddenly it's taking more permissions and overwriting my proxy settings or something. Did I reach the end of a free trial or something?

I still cannot believe that actually was a thing.

There's that famous legend where the team was removing a 0 from a wait-clause or timeout every month so they could put "performance improved by a margin of 10%" to the changelog. I want to believe that was the case with Skyrim too (only in a from of doing unoptimized builds)

Teeth

I dont think we'll ever get another Fallout by obsidian, i imagine the relationships after the metacritic thing are probably pretty soured.

From Obsidian's side or from Bethesda's?

Cuz Obsidian has said on multiple occasions that they'd love to do another.

Obsidian's gotta eat, they'll sit at any table they can regardless of dessert.

Haunted

ke229YR.gif

pedo GAF will not be missed

def sim

A mate and I are playing through the Vegas games at the moment. The original is dated to the point that it feels like a fan-made UDK game.

Ah geez

I was actually thinking of doing the same, but I will let those games stay a good memory.

Yeah loved those two, awesome couch co-op experiences. Me and my friend mostly just played terrorist hunt.

Yeah, t-hunt with some buddies was great. It was our go to during college.

That was how Kill Switch worked.

I played through that game back then and remember not enjoying it for whatever reason. Maybe I'll get to revisit it someday if it gets a steam re-release.

Obsidian will do another Fallout

With Pillars Of Eternity engine

They are already working on it

and it will launch x-mas 2016

;_;

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DillonMabry, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DillonMabry, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STRIDER -- MB-28F22F61A1C11222 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-72CAABBC6C6354E0 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 19 entrants total.

t1446355367z1.png

Thunderclap is an event where you sign up to post/tweet about something on social media along with everyone else at a specified time.

I think the app automatically does it for you and you just have to sign up and give it priviliges. Basically it's a way to get a great number of people to post about something at the same exact time to raise awarness or even get something trending I guess.

Hektor

Announcement on Refunds
31 OCTOBER - YORICK
We are very sorry that many our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596369779495
The Saga never ends.

From Obsidian's side or from Bethesda's?

Cuz Obsidian has said on multiple occasions that they'd love to do another.

Obsidian's gotta eat, they'll sit at any table they can regardless of dessert.

They did? Nevermind my post then.

Jazz573

Thunderclap is an event where you sign up to post/tweet about something on social media along with everyone else at a specified time.

I think the app automatically does it for you and you just have to sign up and give it priviliges. Basically it's a way to get a great number of people to post about something at the same exact time to raise awarness or even get something trending I guess.

Thanks.

Anteater

Zestiria is so good, surprised neptunia gets all the talk here

DanganRonpa AE on the Vita ran OK but there were FPS performance issues that really irritated me and soured my experience playing the game.
Solid frame rate is very important IMO to better appreciate a game, it's part of the reason I liked DmC 2013 when I played it as the smooth 60 FPS really made me enjoy and appreciate the game a lot.

well 30 vs 60fps is probably debatable, I know one is better to me but you could actually get used to it, but fluctuating framerate and stuff like dragon's dogma having like a 24fps average and diving all the way to single digit was hooorible

they're still enjoyable games but I'm not going to defend their performance lol, but i guess everything has a defense force around here

JustLynx

Batman Arkham Knight - Announcement on Refunds

We are very sorry that many our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

I suddenly feel sorry for them =\

also...
we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.
wat?

I was hoping to use this situation as a last-ditch effort get my hands on Arkham Knight vanilla, but both WB community managers have seemingly ignored my friend request. :( The amusing part is that Yorick's profile is public and the info blurb actually encourages people to contact him.

You might be on a global blacklist by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom