• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

How do GameWorks run? I bet they aren't fixed yet.

They seem to work fine, but are way too taxing for my system if I want to get anywhere close to 60fos.

The YT video has a bit of jarring stuttering, though I can't tell if that's just cause it's on YT or if it's that way when you play it. The fps seems pretty high and it look pretty good, but the skipping I keep seeing looks a bit off-putting.
The frametimes fluctuate a bit, that might be what you are seeing.

Backlogger

It's cheaper at Funstock Digital with their coupon. £29~, and they're as legit as GMG.

Which may or may not mean that there's the possibility of grey-ness, lol

Hmm, the last code I tried with them it didn't come out that cheap for me (in USD) so I'll have to check again.

Edit: nvm, found the code. I think what was throwing me off was that their season pass price was higher but if i just buy the base game from them its slightly cheaper than GMG. Maybe I will just buy the season pass on GMG ;)

Maniac

Banned
It's not pedo if it's a 1000 year old dragons you fucken knobheads

And that shit is my fetish

Animu is fucking weird
Hmm, the last code I tried with them it didn't come out that cheap for me (in USD) so I'll have to check again.

All I know is that the GBP price is cheaper there than anywhere else, with their current 25% off coupon. Only by about 3 or 4 pounds, but that's still a reasonable amount of money.

which one did u choose

also yea warren rules, such an adorable loser
LiS ending spoilers
i let chloe die, i think Max wouldve sacrificed arcadia bay after all the shit she went through to save chloe but i didnt care that much for anyway, she was iight at best.
Kissing Warren's the way to go. Not even Chloe got a kiss from me.
This man gets it. I wish warren couldve been part of the squad

Maniac

Banned
He's referring to people who have a predilection for sexualised children/teens "thousand-year-old demons", not Vita users in general.

See wot I wrote m8 its not pedo its k 1000 years is over the sexual age limit by a fair margin

ayaFYl6.png

Knurek

A large portion would vehemently disagree.

People are idiots. And have no appreciation for good writing.

I'm not saying Key makes bad games, they are effective at what they aim to do (making people cry). It's just that there's no way you can call their writing 'good' in a world that has works of Neal Stephenson, Kurt Vonnegut, Stanislaw Lem or Iain M. Banks.

Like, honestly...

Dr Dogg

To be fair Fallout 4 looked a little bland from its first showing. It's not like Bethseda showed off a sexed up version and then suddenly released the elphantman into the wild. Peeps can blame it on the engine all they want but there's pleanty of very functional Gamebryo titles out their like Civ IV which holds up massively well late game and aesthetically pleasing ones like Catherine. Even Epic Mickey despite a bit of a hoohah from concept art to actual game still runs and looks fine. Realistically what you want to be worried about with a Bethesda Open World RPG is how these guys deal with memory management. They might have a bit more to play with regards to odd less of address space on a 64bit exe and the new consoles having a lot more memeory in total this time around but I still reckon my Doggstradamus prediction of shit hitting the fan once you have a 20+ hour save game is going to ring true.

Dsyndrome

To be fair Fallout 4 looked a little bland from its first showing. It's not like Bethseda showed off a sexed up version and then suddenly released the elphantman into the wild. Peeps can blame it on the engine all they want but there's pleanty of very functional Gamebryo titles out their like Civ IV which holds up massively well late game and aesthetically pleasing ones like Catherine. Even Epic Mickey despite a bit of a hoohah from concept art to actual game still runs and looks fine. Realistically what you want to be worried about with a Bethesda Open World RPG is how these guys deal with memory management. They might have a bit more to play with regards to odd less of address space on a 64bit exe and the new consoles having a lot more memeory in total this time around but I still reckon my Doggstradamus prediction of shit hitting the fan once you have a 20+ hour save game is going to ring true.

If this game has save-file bloat like Skyrim, there'll be rioting in the streets.

Knurek

Probably for the best, now we just have to ban anime from GAF to become full circle.

First they came for the Football GAF, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a handegg fan.
Then they came for the PopGAF, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a giving a damn about some New Zealand singer.
Then they came for the 1000 year old dragon GAF, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a person who liked screwing imaginary kids.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Anteater

To be fair Fallout 4 looked a little bland from its first showing. It's not like Bethseda showed off a sexed up version and then suddenly released the elphantman into the wild.

I feel like that a lot of gafers only like being lied to so they can be "hyped", everytime a game shows a directfeed screenshot 90% of the people complain about it (like platinum 60fps games), I sometimes think maybe they all deserve it.

Anteater

hmm maybe i should continue my bioshock playthrough since it's Halloween

but i'm so drunk and would rather play zestiria than a shooty game

It'll likely look exponentially better on PC without mods, though. I mean, if you compare FO3 on highest settings to the console version, there's quite a difference, hopefully it's the same for FO4.

Although there really is no excuse for FO4 to look the way it does on the new-gen.

Or well, there is an excuse, it's called "Bethesda"

Technical reasons, man. Technical... Stuffs is hard!

FO4 looks leaps and bounds better than Fallout 3 and New Vegas without mods. You should go back and play them to see.

Volimar

^New Vegas holds up pretty well but Fallout 3 hasn't aged well.

Playing the Reunion dlc for New Vegas. I found a huge named deathclaw. I was dead in two swipes. Auto save was like 10 minutes back. RIP

I got the The Witcher Enhaned to run on this thing when it didn't even wanna open because I didn't meet the system requirements

PC gaming's great honestly

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596369779495
The Saga never ends.

Announcement on Refunds
31 OCTOBER - YORICK
We are very sorry that many our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment
Poor Yorick

For real though, the best move they can do now. Extending refund. Seems like Arkham Knight will go down as the last of "bad" PC ports. I still will get two more 4GB RAM sticks though. What helps, helps.
Zestiria is so good, surprised neptunia gets all the talk here
I want to see Atelier games on Steam. Never played them but the atmosphere is so peaceful and serene.
So in exactly 1 week I'll be undertaking a 24 hour gaming marathon for charity, which I'll be streaming on Twitch. I've finally narrowed down a list of games I'll be playing - hopefully I'll be able to get to most of these during the stream:
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition
  • Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
  • Sacred 3
  • Rollers of the Realm
  • Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • The Marvellous Miss Take
  • Grandia II Anniversary Edition
  • Blues and Bullets
  • Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
  • Rocket League
  • Shower With Your Dad Simulator
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • Her Story
Which I think is a pretty good mix of games released in the last 18 months or so, will (probably) run OK on my PC, and have been in my backlog. It should be great fun.

I'm hoping to raise $1,000 for my local children's hospital and I've so far been able to raise $600! I'm giving away a cool Enhanced Steam supporter profile badge to everyone who donates and leaves a link to their Steam profile in the donation comments. I'm also raffling off over $1,000 worth of games courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com! So if you get a chance be sure and check it out!
That is cool. This year - if all goes as planned - I will be able to participate even. In a small way but still :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EviLore getting too old for this shit.

I'd say it's just reached the point where allowing that sort of crap is doing more harm than good, especially considering, shall we say, the recent demotion of a mod.

Arthea

I want Atelier games on steam too, I played all of them, most many times over, sometimes I have this suspicion that I could play only them and it would be fine. BTW alchemy rules. You can say Atelier is my personal AssCreed of Jasec and Dogg. Yearly releases? give me them! Even more things to make via alchemy, sure! More ingredients to collect? No problem.
Why can't Gust give some love to PC, why?

You could buy some of my foils for example, steamgaf, instead of going on about anime over and over again, that would help, me at least.

Tizoc

It's not pedo if it's a 1000 year old dragons you fucken knobheads

And that shit is my fetish

Animu is fucking weird

Then the 1000 year old dragon has a pedo fetish.

Probably for the best, now we just have to ban anime from GAF to become full circle.

NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Does owning a Vita make you part of Vita-GAF?

Asking for a friend.

I was a Vita-GAFfer long before it become cool or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom