• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

SteamGAF recommended me Narcissu awhile back and I'm looking for another VN to play.

I notice I have a half dozen in my library from bundles. Would eden* be a good second one to play? I see it has 'overwhelmingly positive' reviews but the fact it was behind an age gate makes my wary of the possible content.

There is 18+ content, but not in the Steam version. Also it's a just a bunch of extra side scenarios separate from the main game. They don't even really fit in with the story. Btw, yes, it's good. I know Jawmuncher really liked it too.

I actually did play through some of the scenarios in the game (I have the 18+ version), but I got bored, so I moved on to another game.

Sober

• Harley Quinn: Short and not terribly interestingly designed. Plays exactly like Catwomen which is kinda lame.
  • Red Hood: Really cool environments. Short, but sweet. Having guns is surprisingly fun.
  • Nightwing: I love the color correction, but it's mostly in the GCPD which just isn't interesting as a play space. Nightwing skins are all ugly which is a turnoff for me.
  • Batgirl: Very cool location, but she plays like a gimped Batman. I wish they had done more to set her apart. I wouldn't have minded it being a bit longer either.
  • Batmobile Races: Definitely worth checking each track out at least once. There is a ton of love put into each of them. The 3 lap variants are a bit frustrating to 3-star, but I found the single lap option to be a lot of fun to perfect.
They're winding down DLC production right?

Cause the price of the DLCs has only barely broke the 30 dollar mark vs. the 40 dollar price of the season pass.

I noticed that show was on netflix, gonna give it a watch either this weekend or the next(during my break time from fallout 4 :D) speaking of netflix, watch anthony jeselnik's new stand up special, its freaking hilarious, like all his specials.
iZombie is literally - and I kid you not - better than Daredevil or any other comic book show on the air (yes, even The Flash).

You can take that to the bank.

Dsyndrome

Danganronpa is one of the best games I've ever played.

Don't bring that despair in here; I'm only 1/4 through the second one since I started Steins;Gate and have been trying to beat that once before going back.

Surprised at the # of folks excited for CoD; I have nothing against the game, haven't owned it since CoD 3 on PS3, but I know how it's progressed. Figured that it'd get more hate than Ass Creed, but apparently that's wrong.

Popstar

There is 18+ content, but not in the Steam version. Also it's a just a bunch of extra side scenarios separate from the main game. They don't even really fit in with the story. Btw, yes, it's good. I know Jawmuncher really liked it too.

I actually did play through some of the scenarios in the game (I have the 18+ version), but I got bored, so I moved on to another game.
Thanks man. I shall ignore the side content and give it a go.

Don't bring that despair in here; I'm only 1/4 through the second one since I started Steins;Gate and have been trying to beat that once before going back.

Surprised at the # of folks excited for CoD; I have nothing against the game, haven't owned it since CoD 3 on PS3, but I know how it's progressed. Figured that it'd get more hate than Ass Creed, but apparently that's wrong.

Call of Duty, let alone Black Ops, is a better franchise than Ass Creed

Josh5890

So I bought the retail version at Best Buy. I brought it home, my PC wouldn't recognize the discs at all. I was able to install viia Steam with the online code (thanks to a fellow Gaffer)

Honestly why did I bother buying physical instead of digital if it didn't matter. I guess at least I get the my Best Buy points and discount.

Lomax

So I bought the retail version at Best Buy. I brought it home, my PC wouldn't recognize the discs at all. I was able to install viia Steam with the online code (thanks to a fellow Gaffer)

Honestly why did I bother buying physical instead of digital if it didn't matter. I guess at least I get the my Best Buy points and discount.

There's been no reason to buy physical over digital on PC for years now, unless you're still a box collector.

Uzzy

I still dont understand why they went with IGG instead of kickstarter

I don't either. That's not to say that they'd have had a massive success if they'd been on Kickstarter rather than IGG, but it might have helped.

In other news, the ESRB rating for Street Fighter V is amazing.

Combat is highlighted by cries of pain and frequent impact sounds. Several female characters are depicted in low-cut, form-fitting outfits that display large amounts of cleavage and/or buttocks. Female characters' breasts sometimes jiggle during character selection.

Sober

Well, the Blizzard boxes are still cool to own.
After StarCraft 2 Legacy of the Void, I'll probably never buy a boxed game ever again.

Hell I didn't even buy Mists of Pandaria even though I bought WoW to Cata boxed. Also I guess I quite during Cata is why.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
They're winding down DLC production right?

Cause the price of the DLCs has only barely broke the 30 dollar mark vs. the 40 dollar price of the season pass.

There is a Catwomen level coming and the Villain stuff which I assume will be sidequests added to the main game.

Lomax

Well, the Blizzard boxes are still cool to own.

World of Warcraft Collector's Editions are the only physical games I've bought in the last 8 years or so, and I haven't bought one of those in 4 years either. But I do still display them.

Now, if I still had all my old RPG boxes (Baldur's Gate II CE, Fallouts, etc) I'd still display those, but they didn't survive my divorce.

Sober

There is a Catwomen level coming and the Villain stuff which I assume will be sidequests added to the main game.
They haven't said anything about the villain sidequests, everything else is like 1.99$/0.99$ stuff right now.

I know the other playable characters that aren't Batman-Nightwing-Robin are really gimped but I wish they at least gave them basic shit like crit strikes or what have you.

I've not really been a fan of the challenges in AK anyway. Not sure how they will accommodate the other characters for predator mode though.

Uzzy

SFV beta is up on PS4, with Laura in. Not on PC. Sad face. I need you Cammy!
tumblr_nwrv94Knlf1usrgjso1_540.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
obs is tweeting fallout 4 stuff so i'm gonna go ahead and assume new vegas 2 is a go

It IS based on the izombie comic

And no, Flash is better than iZombie. They're both amazing, no doubt.
it's a bad comparison when it's different genres

i mean for that matter the wire is better than flash

or twin peaks

or cowboy bebop

or whatever

it's dumb to compare things like that

impact

Banned
whats with the excitement for blops

it's weirding me out

stumps me too. I thought it was just console warriors excited that it was now a Sony third party game but even PC dudes getting excited over this crap just leaves me flabbergasted.

it's aight the best shooter still stays winning

dkwswOy.png

aw350

Banned
hoping for wc 1 & 2, diablo on the digital blizz store.

Well, I am hoping for good news on the next WoW addon, because the last one finally made me quit... with part of me hoping they screw it up for good so I can be done with the thing permanently.

---
($60 for Overwatch??? Wow... That'd be way too much in my opinion. I didn't hear the rumor though.)

Hektor

Interesting idea considering that most VNs that come to steam are imo way too expensive, i guess it can be good for people that dont really care for voices.

Thats a really cool idea and a good solution. Dadaelic can learn from that.

Hope Swery gets better.
Guess Season 2 will have to wait.

Seems they actually understand that what they were doing was pretty unfair. People who told others to shut up about it can bite it.

And thats why you never shut up.

Danganronpa is one of the best games I've ever played.

Yup, its amazing. The second one is even better, you should play it right after.

MUnited83

For you.
stumps me too. I thought it was just console warriors excited that it was now a Sony third party game but even PC dudes getting excited over this crap just leaves me flabbergasted.

it's aight the best shooter still stays winning

dkwswOy.png

It's a fun game, and modding tools down the line will make it much better.

Ludens

Banned
As for the 6$ discussion: Just support the devs. It was a technical issue with the franchise pack vs. buying all seperately as they stated in their announcement! So get over it. We all want Darksiders 3 don't we?

Lol, is this another case of "support this unoptimized mess if you want a chance to see a sequel"?

Soulflarz

Banned
Darn straight.

Few games are. ZE:VLR has the best rewind mechanic I've ever seen in a game; made it so going through each scenario wasn't a pain in the dick, AND made you think WTF when things went different.

Eh, a lot of people swear by DR being miles better, I disagree with that viewpoint endlessly. Why?

-Better twists by miles in the Zero Escape series, all of them. Simply not done in gaming to quite that level.
-Better writing in ZE.
-Danganronpa has the whole
"we never want to explain the overworld"
(world scenario spoiler, not specific game one, so depending what you like you can maybe click that) thing that I find to be a very lazy writing compared to other games actually taking the time to come up with stuff for it.

Now DR does have some better things, they just don't outweigh the above- 999 makes you redo things constantly. VLR fixes this, but it's still to be noted in the first game. Also, many people dislike 999s puzzles, but agree they're essential, while a lot less people dislike DRs. However, DR does have mediocre minigames filled with glitches, take that as you will.

Lain

Not Steam-related, but still - today is Blizzcon. Opening ceremony is 20:00 CET.

I'm still debating if I should plop down the 30e for the digital ticket or not. The only cool reward is the wow pet (my accounts are frozen), the Linkin Park concert won't be as cool as Metallica and there won't be an announcement for a new D3 expansion.
Do I really want to part with those 30€?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom