• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

aw350

Banned
I'm still debating if I should plop down the 30e for the digital ticket or not. The only cool reward is the wow pet (my accounts are frozen), the Linkin Park concert won't be as cool as Metallica and there won't be an announcement for a new D3 expansion.
Do I really want to part with those 30€?!

I really wouldn't. It isn't worth it.

Hektor

-Better writing

Wot. I strongly disagree sir. The Spaghetti scene is infamous for a reason.

-Danganronpa has the whole
"we never want to explain the overworld"
(world scenario spoiler, not specific game one, so depending what you like you can maybe click that) thing that I find to be a very lazy writing compared to other games actually taking the time to come up with stuff for it.

But what happened to the overworld is part of the mistery. Even not a single one of the characters knows, that is part of their "despair".

Eh, a lot of people swear by DR being miles better, I disagree with that viewpoint endlessly. Why?

-Better twists by miles in the Zero Escape series, all of them. Simply not done in gaming to quite that level.
-Better writing in ZE.
-Danganronpa has the whole
"we never want to explain the overworld"
(world scenario spoiler, not specific game one, so depending what you like you can maybe click that) thing that I find to be a very lazy writing compared to other games actually taking the time to come up with stuff for it.

Now DR does have some better things, they just don't outweigh the above- 999 makes you redo things constantly. VLR fixes this, but it's still to be noted in the first game. Also, many people dislike 999s puzzles, but agree they're essential, while a lot less people dislike DRs. However, DR does have mediocre minigames filled with glitches, take that as you will.
I don't know why you brought up 999.

I've never played the series. I do however agree with you about Dangan's minigames point.

Kaleinc

Banned
They should just add the game to the DS2 season pass package, problem solved.
It's so messed up I can't even. There is no sub in licenses and the game isn't marked as owned in store, looks and runs almost the same as the original (like hot garbage), has new issues.
tldr avoid like the plague.

Is normally a sale in battle.net during Blizzcon? I really want to play Diablo 3 but I'm cheap.

Diablo 3 and the exp just got a discount last summer iirc.
But there's a high chance it'll be a sale for it again during the event.

Do we know if Fallout 4 will have Steam cards yet? The store page doesn't mention anything about cards or achievements.

I doubt it.
Fallout games have never got any cards.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Six old mates in a huge house with our computers all week-end

Target is at least 20hours of 3v3 Rocket League
some of them will inevitably nag abou CS and Dota2 though

ZuBxtA2.png

definitive proof i am cancer personified

Sober

So the Fallout 4 ending is being spoiled on the steam community forum.

I suggest you avoid that place.
Spoilers: You'll keep playing it regardless and no one really cares about the Fallout 4 story.

Spoilers: The opposite spouse merges with Codsworth and murders your child after 26 hours of story missions.

Adnor

Banned
Diablo 3 and the exp just got a discount last summer iirc.
But there's a high chance it'll be a sale for it again during the event.

I don't remember anything like that, sadly. They have several sales throughout the year, though, the discounts are like 50%.

not sure but chrismas it seems to happen often.

Thanks for the answers! I'll wait for christmas if it's not on sale tomorrow later then. I honestly was surprised it wasn't on sale during halloween, I mean, the game is called Diablo, it's the best date for a sale!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
nezD9Yt.png

Has it really been 12 years since I started using this? Hell, I remember my CS crew had to wrestle me into installing steam to play CS 1.6 with them back then. How far we've come from the buggy, puke green client that shall forever be remembered by the memes that sprouted from its unreliability. Being forced to use Xfire for game communication because Steam's friend network was under "routine maintenance" for years. Now they've just got that honed down to once every day that ends in "y". That weird feeling when games not developed by Valve showed up on the service, excitement for watching the ecosystem grow. And then today we have yet another god damn Sakura game coming.

What an unusual, lurching behemoth this service has become. And I mean that in the best way possible~

Lain

Is normally a sale in battle.net during Blizzcon? I really want to play Diablo 3 but I'm cheap.

I don't remember if there was one last blizzcon, but the games do end up on sale pretty frequently (either on the blizzard store or on amazon for the boxed version).
Right now the base game and the expansion are 19,99€/19,99$ each btw on the store, at least for me, which is the kind of price they have when they are discounted for half off.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
nezD9Yt.png

Has it really been 12 years since I started using this? Hell, I remember my CS crew had to wrestle me into installing steam to play CS 1.6 with them back then. How far we've come from the buggy, puke green client that shall forever be remembered by the memes that sprouted from its unreliability. Being forced to use Xfire for game communication because Steam's friend network was under "routine maintenance" for years. Now they've just got that honed down to once every day that ends in "y". That weird feeling when games not developed by Valve showed up on the service, excitement for watching the ecosystem grow. And then today we have yet another god damn Sakura game coming.

What an unusual, lurching behemoth this service has become. And I mean that in the best way possible~

Happy birthday fellow 12 year old, and thanks for the memories. Steam really sucked back then, we've come a long way baby

Uzzy

Spoilers: You'll keep playing it regardless and no one really cares about the Fallout 4 story.

Well that's for certain. Bethesda would probably do better if they abandoned having story or writing at all, not like anyone cares about how shockingly bad it is.

In other news, I hope this is just bad lighting or a bad pic, cause otherwise what happened to your face Chunners?

nezD9Yt.png

forgot about xfire lol. still around right? steam started in 2003 or 2001? I actually liked that green color of the old client.

Ribeiro

In other news, I hope this is just bad lighting or a bad pic, cause otherwise what happened to your face Chunners?

Whats the problem with her face?

Changing the subject, I think there is a scheme with that cards, some dude in the morning put that would want to buy 20 of the same card, in a higher price that the average, likely to appear that it haves a huge demand.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, not exactly sure where to mention but I happened to interview Night Dive Studios the other day and I have been told of much of their upcoming release slate on Stream. Let me see they are fixing to release a couple of obscure adventure games called Timelapse and Titanic: Adventure out of Time. From the Retroism label M1A1 Abrams Tank Platoon and Starlord from Microprose and World War II GI from GT Interactive. We also got an update on the Turok games and yes they are getting the enhanced edition treatment with support up to 1080P, remastered textures and the retention of the fog because it turns out it was hiding unfinished assets.Turok 1 is being worked on right now and is planned for release in the next two months with Turok 2 planned for 2016. Also on the note of Turok 2, they are working on making sure the multiplayer is compatible with modern systems. If successful Night Dive has stated they will look into getting these games onto console and getting Turok: Rage Wars and Turok 3 onto PC. Finally from what I can recall at this moment Night Dive is looking to release more Acclaim games with a "high probablity" of them picking up Forsaken, D and Machines.

Anyway, if somebody wants to make a thread about all this and indeed the entire contents of the interview I will happily DM you the link towards the information source.

Monooboe

Aaah coffee is done, have a free day, drivers and updates installed and now time to play some BLO... no wait, damn FunStock!XD

To everyone that PMed me today, thank vou but my Surface Pro is dying too quickly and I am sorry that I was not able to personally respond to you all. I know that my game-giving is a great act and then I am in fact God.

dex3108

Is it me or Blizz games are getting less and less interesting to people? I mean interest for their recent games peaks around announcement and first beta footage and then gets less and less talk. Then comes another Blizz game/expansion and same thing happens.

I just looked what numbers are on Twitch for recent games from them and Hearthstone is still most popular, Heroes are really low on that list, and Overwatch numbers are just ok.

They are trying to do so many things that they are splitting their user base in a way.

Is it me or Blizz games are getting less and less interesting to people? I mean interest for their recent games peaks around announcement and first beta footage and then gets less and less talk. Then comes another Blizz game/expansion and same thing happens.

I just looked what numbers are on Twitch for recent games from them and Hearthstone is still most popular, Heroes are really low on that list, and Overwatch numbers are just ok.

They are trying to do so many things that they are splitting their user base in a way.
nah its more like overwatch and heroes arent that interesting. sc2 is doing fine along with WoW.

Black Ops III online is surprisingly okay with a controller

shit balance
lack of content
really, really awful PR/community leaders

aw350

Banned

That's true for me and those I know. I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but an hour or so ago I saw that blurb about next WoW addon (which I was looking for) coming "on or before" what's very, very late, so...

Hearthstone is a monster. Heroes is small but it's growing and that's no small feat given the market is held in a vice like grip by League and Dota. Overwatch just came out a week or so ago so numbers will obviously be low for that.

You shouldn't underestimate the power of the Blizzard brand. I know people who hate MOBAs but tried/play Heroes because it's a Blizzard game. One guy started Heroes and bought the $40 Nexus bundle before even playing it because Blizzard. A friend I know hates shooters but he wants to play Overwatch. They have a loyal community and it's not quite obvious unless you're invested into their ecosystem.

derFeef

I dunno, most people I know say they will play Overwatch because "it's from Blizzard" so it "must be good". And if I say that there are more interesting games to me they call me crazy.

dex3108

Black Ops III online is surprisingly okay with a controller

giphy.gif

nah its more like overwatch and heroes arent that interesting. sc2 is doing fine along with WoW.

shit balance
lack of content
really, really awful PR/community leaders

That's true for me and those I know. I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but an hour or so ago I saw that blurb about next WoW addon (which I was looking for) coming "on or before" what's very, very late, so...

I dunno, most people I know say they will play Overwatch because "it's from Blizzard" so it "must be good". And if I say that there are more interesting games to me they call me crazy.

Hearthstone is a monster. Heroes is small but it's growing and that's no small feat given the market is held in a vice like grip by League and Dota. Overwatch just came out a week or so ago so numbers will obviously be low for that.

You shouldn't underestimate the power of the Blizzard brand. I know people who hate MOBAs but tried/play Heroes because it's a Blizzard game. One guy started Heroes and bought the $40 Nexus bundle before even playing it because Blizzard. A friend I know hates shooters but he wants to play Overwatch. They have a loyal community and it's not quite obvious unless you're invested into their ecosystem.

All their recent games are e-sports games. I mean how many e-sport games can one company handle and how many one company needs. Especially because as far as i saw Blizz fans are special because most of them play all Blizz games. It is not like there is separate user base for each of their games (i mean there it is but majority of those who play them overlaps with at least another Blizz game).

On the other note i cleared some games i started (Batman, Life is Strange and Mad Max) so now i can play AC Syndicate and not be overwhelmed with games i started :D I still have Witcher 3 to finish and i will do that in next couple of months and Last of Us Remastered (that will take couple more weeks xD)

Dr Dogg

So still half asleep mind I started up BLOPs III, bumbled my way into campaign just to have a brief much around before heading out to work. Now I thought to myself even in the menus 'this is running a bit shit' but when it got to actual gameplay pretty much everything ground to a halt. So I go and check the settings (which took about a minute to come up mind) and turns out the game decided to pull my highest system resolution possible as the default. That's great and all when you have something sensible like 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 but not 7680x4320. Ah well upon further inspection campaign ran at about 5fps which is about 2-3 more than Unity did when capturing a few screens the other day.

Also I've betrayed you SteamGAF and joined the unwashed masses again.
First thoughts on the controller, bloody hell! I mean it's not quite as exhilarating as that first adolescent fumble of someone you fancy but as first touch on an electronic device goes it's about as sexy as it gets. It's in stark contrast to the Steam Controller which does feel plastically and has a few rough edges here and there.

Caerith

So mostly just Heroes and Overwatch are the ones you're concerned about? Heroes is the moba, right? Hard to imagine it getting big when the sort of people who play mobas probably already play a moba, and the sort of people who don't already play a moba probably don't care about mobas.

Overwatch isn't even out yet though, and I think it's still in a really limited invite-only beta? It could be that the sort of people who would play Overwatch already play a game like it, but it's probably too early to call.

dex3108

Also I've betrayed you SteamGAF and joined the unwashed masses again.

First thoughts on the controller, bloody hell! I mean it's not quite as exhilarating as that first adolescent fumble of someone you fancy but as first touch on an electronic device goes it's about as sexy as it gets. It's in stark contrast to the Steam Controller which does feel plastically and has a few rough edges here and there.

giphy.gif

So mostly just Heroes and Overwatch are the ones you're concerned about? Heroes is the moba, right? Hard to imagine it getting big when the sort of people who play mobas probably already play a moba, and the sort of people who don't already play a moba probably don't care about mobas.

Overwatch isn't even out yet though, and I think it's still in a really limited invite-only beta? It could be that the sort of people who would play Overwatch already play a game like it, but it's probably too early to call.

I am not concerned i know that Blizzard will be fine it is just interesting to me that they changed so much. I never was fan of Blizzard games but i admired how they have huge freedom to do what they want and how close they are with community. But recently i have feeling that they are trying more and more to play safe and that they have too many fingers in different cookie jars. Maybe i am wrong but i just have that feeling :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom