• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werd

Barely anyone is in the Overwatch beta, people aren't actually just going to watch a game they have never played for weeks. It got big numbers as people checked it out like the first days of hundreds of games, and will now have to build up an actual viewerbase as it lets more in the beta and releases. Most interested people still seem to be looking forward to it that I've seen.

Hearthstone didn't peak in the beta by any metric and is going strong despite current complaints about balance and meta. Heroes has lost some interest, which surprises me a bit but at the same time it's a very competitive genre and the game is missing a lot of features at this point.

blackops3_2015_11_06_49stv.png
Using a controller. Could have done better, but could have done a LOT worse.

Not many people but me seem to be using the Kuda but it feels really OP. I like it.

Arthea

so this debacle with keys means that Funstock is to be avoided, or just it is not as fun as they think?
I never bought anything there and I'm kinda glad now.

Dr Dogg

so this debacle with keys means that Funstock is to be avoided, or just it is not as fun as they think?
I never bought anything there and I'm kinda glad now.

They're all to be avoided! Only Steam, Origin and Uplay are safe!!!

The thing with grey market keys is that some are more tilted towards a darker shade than others. Hey how about this...

STEAM | December 2015 - 50 Shades of Grey Market Keys

Yeah, well, I've got work to do anyway!

Knurek

First thoughts on the controller, bloody hell! I mean it's not quite as exhilarating as that first adolescent fumble of someone you fancy but as first touch on an electronic device goes it's about as sexy as it gets. It's in stark contrast to the Steam Controller which does feel plastically and has a few rough edges here and there.

Is this the one that has switchable sticks? Asymmetric ones just feel unnatural to me.
Also, how's the d-pad? As terrible as X360 or worse?

AHA-Lambda

As long as Nuuvem is fine, I'm fine too.

Nuuvem is still somehow legit amongst all this but you may get region issues. We're doomed from all sides! ;_;

The thing with grey market keys is that some are more tilted towards a darker shade than others. Hey how about this...

Yeah, well, I've got work to do anyway!

I vote for this OT.

Dr Dogg

Is this the one that has switchable sticks? Asymmetric ones just feel unnatural to me.
Also, how's the d-pad? As terrible as X360 or worse?

Yep. Don't have too much experience as to what a standard Xbone controller feels like other than a couple of brief muck arounds on FIFA round a mates house but move or actuation feels a bit smoother (bit floaty when trying to press in the stick buttons at first). You can swap them out for larger sticks or domed caps. Dpad surprising isn't a bag of bollocks I thought it would. Still not a Saturn killer but incredible precise in all 4 cardinal directions with a decent amount of force need to press and registers with a satisfying click. Can see it being very good in fighters but you can swap it out to a regular cross shape dpad if you wish. Oh both dpads are made of metal mind and feel absolutely lush to use, someone has to rip that off as it feels a fair bit better than plastic dpads.

Arthea

too edgy!

Yep. Don't have too much experience as to what a standard Xbone controller feels like other than a couple of brief muck arounds on FIFA round a mates house but move or actuation feels a bit smoother (bit floaty when trying to press in the stick buttons at first). You can swap them out for larger sticks or domed caps. Dpad surprising isn't a bag of bollocks I thought it would. Still not a Saturn killer but incredible precise in all 4 cardinal directions with a decent amount of force need to press and registers with a satisfying click. Can see it being very good in fighters but you can swap it out to a regular cross shape dpad if you wish. Oh both dpads are made of metal mind and feel absolutely lush to use, someone has to rip that off as it feels a fair bit better than plastic dpads.

stop pimping that controller! mouse/kb 4 lyfe!

so, which is better DS4 or this?

as I understand steam controller isn't that good.

Dr Dogg

stop pimping that controller! mouse/kb 4 lyfe!

so, which is better DS4 or this?

as I understand steam controller isn't that good.

What ever your comfortable with really. Can't comment on a DS4 but lots of folks in this thread love em (and you'd hope they don't have that debilitating Sony gene) where as some like the Xbone controller and others are still gunning a 360 one. I quite like the Wii U Pro controller but the lack of analog triggers (and some swapped buttons using the Mayflash adapter that need a bit of fiddling with) are what lets it down. End of the day whatever makes you happy!

Tizoc

To get a Darksiders 2 Deathnitive Edition do the following:

Seems they actually understand that what they were doing was pretty unfair. People who told others to shut up about it can bite it.

Well I'll be damned, I do own the Darksiders 2 season pass, time to e-mail them!

Knurek

That sounded good enough for me to check actual controller price...
599 PLN, so... ~$160
No thank you Microsoft-san.

yuraya

Finished up RE5. I enjoyed it a lot. The only real bad thing about the game is its linearity and bullet sponge bosses. Also the Jill Valentine stuff was stupid. Other than that its a legit good 9 out of 10 vidya game. Loved the section right before you reach the final boss.

derFeef

I was surprised getting the Deathinitive Edition, hah. I never actually played DS2 - is it good? I somehow got bored by DS1 because it got pretty repetitive and never finished it.

Arthea

What ever your comfortable with really. Can't comment on a DS4 but lots of folks in this thread love em (and you'd hope they don't have that debilitating Sony gene) where as some like the Xbone controller and others are still gunning a 360 one. I quite like the Wii U Pro controller but the lack of analog triggers (and some swapped buttons using the Mayflash adapter that need a bit of fiddling with) are what lets it down. End of the day whatever makes you happy!

oh, I thought you already have DS4 for some reason.

Copons

could you be Konami CEO for a while? I need Suikoden back, not that I really need but that would be nice.

edited: on steam, of course

If I were Konami CEO, first thing first I'd port Sunset Riders to Steam, who cares about Suikoden anyway

Lain

Not sure if a joke post

Not a joke:

Dont ask me why but this is the options we were told are possible.
If you want to believe we are the bad guys go ahead do it. But I can tell you this is simply not true. Why would we even care to annouce it before the actual release if we are just mean and never had any good intentions.

I am again very sorry for how this appears and I totally understand your anger. So how about this - you send me a proof that you got DS2 and at least the Season pass or the DLCs that are included in the season pass (best is this page: https://store.steampowered.com/account/licenses/) and I will get you a key to get DS2DE. Just send it to ****** [at] nordicgames.at
Edit: STOP sending mails now please. This was only a limited offer and we are working out something.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/388410/discussions/0/496880503064382496/#c496880503064464993

Monooboe

So Humble Monthly today, pretty sure I have all the games already but the excitement while furiously refreshing the site waiting for it to go live will be exciting at least.:D

Ok don't hate me but I'm genuinely surprised by the outburst over Darksiders 2. Is it just a matter of principle or do you guys really like Darksiders?

So Humble Monthly today, pretty sure I have all the games already but the excitement while furiously refreshing the site waiting for it to go live will be exciting at least.:D

I'm thinking of taking the plunge even though I'm fairly certain I'll regret it later. Must have a few screws loose somewhere.

Arthea

Ok don't hate me but I'm genuinely surprised by the outburst over Darksiders 2. Is it just a matter of principle or do you guys really like Darksiders?

I think it has much to do with wording, as they said that they want to reward loyal fans and then did opposite by not rewarding any early adopters, not only early adopters are likely most of fans Darksiders has, this is a constant problem, not only with Nordic, early adopters get punished for being fans by almost all publishers but there is nothing we can do about it usually, but this time people can be heard, so they are venting out their frustration, totally understandable.

I think its because of how the matter is handled.
I mean they say that its not possible to give it to everyone for free and only 80% are technically possible as a discount, which just isnt true at all...

Ludens

Banned
I stole 4 nukes from a dude having 10, did all Fob undetected getting 2000+ points in the end. I go to dismantle those nukes, the game says I have no nukes to dismantle. This is the second time a thing like this happens. The question is: why? How can nukes disappear after you steal them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom