• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

It did show up as $0,00 but I seemed to be able to buy it if I had Black Ops III. It directed to the purchasing process as usual, sent the code to my Steam Guard on my phone as usual. Pricing is fixed now though.

Nope - I've been messing with this for 10 mins now. Anything you put in the basket now shows as $0 but once you go to pay, it says "one or more items have changed price since you added it to your cart"

Purchasing things is still broken both in the client and BPM, where you don't even get the option to purchase. No idea what has happened to my transaction

Nzyme32

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388410/

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition is no longer available for purchase.

EDIT: Now it is again. Weird.

Nothing is available for purchase, then they are or are listed as $0 regardless of region, then they aren't again

Whole store is broken and freaking out.

I would avoid buying anything right now. This started mid transaction for me, so I don't know what happened to my purchase

MUnited83

For you.
That's not gonna happen, you'll see how Senran Kagura will sell fifty times better with no effort required to localize and Xseed will give us more of that, because that's what steam users want, as Sakura games keep proving, I just had hope that we still can somehow dance around it with some people buying good games anyway, but apparently I was wrong.

but guys, I wait to make booster packs too, what makes it different if it's me? I don't quite understand. You mean you trade anything, even cards you need if someone asks?

Senran Kagura is great and saying that it requires "no effort" to localize is hilariously wrong.

Arthea

Ok, not seeing anything under Purchases list though, no Legends of Grimrock II either. Oh well, guess I'll just wait bit more.

If it persists, you should contact their customer support.

Senran Kagura is great and saying that it requires "no effort" to localize is hilariously wrong.

let's agree to disagree about what's great and what's not.
Also you say that it requires amount of work Trails games require? seriously?

Dr Dogg

Abandon all hope and seek refuge in the Uplay thread! At least you can buy stuff from their storefront (at vastly inflated prices).

For me personally I probably wouldn't have bothered until something was announced. However, I got my PS4 copy + season pass + poster + socks for $48. So I feel like even if the season pass content sucks, it was essentially free compared to if I bought the game somewhere else.

Bloody hell that's a good deal. That's something I'd expect over here at retail than the US.

2W5fdy3.gif

got my fallout 4 code from gmg!!

Didn't Steam lock you out of purchasing certain titles with the currency swap over and other got a comically inflated price too?

About a third of all titles are unavailable for purchase because their developers/publishers couldn't be bothered to put a regional price for the games. In comparison, only a handful of games have inflated prices where the devs just did a direct dollar to rupee conversion.

Hm, got suscribed to Humble Monthly, my card got charged, got transaction confirmation email, but on Humble web i'm still stuck with "Processing" popup and "Waiting for Stripe" message for half an hour. How long should I wait before contacting HB support, this never happened to me before?

Bad news, your transaction has already gone to shit. I waited 20 minutes and then gave up. You'll have to contact their support now.

From the little bit I've played, I agree 100%. I'll end up buying SKSV for sure and I'd like to see more localized, as I don't think any but SKSV was brought over to NA at this point.

Arthea is just being his super defensive about Trails because it's niche and it didn't do massive numbers self. ;)

Monooboe

So, got my new screen, a 34" ultrawide and DAMN! Arkham Knight played better than I expected, though had the special smoke and debris off.

MUnited83

For you.
If it persists, you should contact their customer support.

let's agree to disagree about what's great and what's not.
Also you say that it requires amount of work Trails games require? seriously?

Reading is hard uh? Where did I say that?

Let's read what you said again

you'll see how Senran Kagura will sell fifty times better with no effort required to localize

Come the fuck on, this is an outright lie. Saying it requires no effort is absolute bullshit and shows that you never actually played the game at all.

Also, less effort than needed for Trails does not equal "no effort".

Are they really not going to let people buy the bundle once it's announced? Seems like a silly decision.

If you think it's good and you missed out, you'll want to sign up to not miss next month's bundle... at least that's what their thinking.

If they do offer it for some reason, it won't be for the same $12.

bloke

Bad news, your transaction has already gone to shit. I waited 20 minutes and then gave up. You'll have to contact their support now.

I see, will do that, thanks.

EDIT: F*** me, literally second after I sent this message, I finally got confirmation on Humble page, after that "WAITING FOR STRIPE" message was there for over an hour, patience pays I guess ;P

Backlogger

I'm all in.

It'll be probably really good since I didn't get it. You're welcome

got my fallout 4 code from gmg!!

Funstock still hasn't come through yet but I don't care that much about the pre-load. As long as I am playing this late Monday night or when I get home from work on Tuesday I'm happy. Funstock did get me the code for Mad Max a day early though so I expect the same with Fallout

It'll be probably really good since I didn't get it. You're welcome

I doubt it, still.
I expect disappointment... maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but it seems rather unlikely. Odds are that these are not aimed at people like me who have a very large library of Steam games.

I expect a super awesome bundle this time then everything will go downhill.

Just the way Humble started up.

Because all humble bundles have been terrible since those first few, right?

If you think it's good and you missed out, you'll want to sign up to not miss next month's bundle... at least that's what their thinking.

If they do offer it for some reason, it won't be for the same $12.

Right. Something how it goes when other bundle sites let you preorder for cheaper, but then with this if you buy it when it's released at a higher price, does that get you the monthly next month?

I don't know...the whole thing is strange.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bloody hell that's a good deal. That's something I'd expect over here at retail than the US.

Well of course I also pre-ordered from GMG during the Mad Max Coupon Craze© on PC. So yeah, I'm kinda crazy like that. Especially since I know full well that my PC won't run the game.

Gonna try to beat until dawn before tuesday cause if i dont itll be a looong time before i beat it

That game's great but honestly pretty short. I think it took me 7 hours.

Monooboe

Didn't they say that all the games in the monthly bundle were games that never been in a bundle. So that would leave out Tomb Raider, Saints Row 4, Besiege, Torchlight right?

Right. Something how it goes when other bundle sites let you preorder for cheaper, but then with this if you buy it when it's released at a higher price, does that get you the monthly next month?

I don't know...the whole thing is strange.

It's currently more along the lines of a straight loot crate, I think.

Want next month's loot crate? Sign up before <time/day>. Want to cancel? Do so before that same <time/day>. Feel like you missed out? Well then, you should've been subbed... so sub before the next deadline so you don't miss out again...

It's like buying those random boxes during a woot-off for $1 or whatever. You could get something cool, you could get something terrible... but when the woot-off is over, you can't order it anymore and you won't know what you got until the box shows up at your house.

The first few were excellent.

Yeah and the rest are apparently all trash according to you.

Drakhyrr

Some of the later ones were still good. We got a great Capcom bundle just 2-3 weeks ago.

I'd say most AAA bundles have been pretty good. The Indie bundles have been faltering, though.

But thats because Steam offers a lot of shovelware now and when the first indie-games hit Steam, actually Valve did some kind of QA to ensure about the quality of games released on their service (when it came to indie-devs).

Yes, and the few indie games that still manage to be successful have learned to enjoy their status for a good while before jumping on bundles.

I'd say most AAA bundles have been pretty good. The Indie bundles have been faltering, though.

But thats because Steam offers a lot of shovelware now and when the first indie-games hit Steam, actually Valve did some kind of QA to ensure about the quality of games released on their service (when it came to indie-devs).

It's currently more along the lines of a straight loot crate, I think.

But from what I can see Lootcrate usually doesnt even offer good deals and if you buy these things from a normal website/chinese gadget website, you can get these for the same price or even cheaper.

MUnited83

For you.

... that makes no sense whatsoever though. Humble Bundle curates their own bundles, obviously. They choose who gets in, and there've been more and more great indie games releasing. The shovelware excuse makes no sense.

Ludens

Banned
It's also twice larger game than FC, never localized, one that happens to be expensive to localize, your point?

Probably you're right, but 99% of customers don't know that:

-game is longer
-there's more text in it

30€ is not a cheap price for such a title, even if it offers much content in first place.

I'm not saying the game isn't worth that price, only that it's twice expensive than first TITS.

But from what I can see Lootcrate usually doesnt even offer good deals and if you buy these things from a normal website/chinese gadget website, you can get these for the same price or even cheaper.

It's not even the QA -- it's the sheer numbers. If you give away all the "indie" darlings, over the next x years you will run out of "excellent" games to give out as part of a super discount bundle.

Didn't they say that all the games in the monthly bundle were games that never been in a bundle. So that would leave out Tomb Raider, Saints Row 4, Besiege, Torchlight right?

NO.

Dammit. People need to improve reading comprehension.

No blanket statement of "all the games included in humble monthly will be games that have never been bundled previously." was ever made. IIRC, it was stated that some of the games included would be things that hadn't been bundled (read: Beseiged, Valkyria Chronicles if the guesses are right). This leaves the door open for "quality/classic" rebundles such as TR2013 and SR4.

... that makes no sense whatsoever though. Humble Bundle curates their own bundles, obviously. They choose who gets in, and there've been more and more great indie games releasing. The shovelware excuse makes no sense.

Outside of that Android/Mobile bundles, I wouldn't necessarily term a lot of the content of previous Humble Bundles as "shovelware". This isn't the Wii we're talking about here. ;)

I know that. I was just saying that during the early days of the Indiebundles, the bundles were great when they offered Steamgames, because actually they often offered the only indie-games on Steam that were even available on that Service before it was flooded with Shovelware.
The devs that had games up on Steam during that time needed exposure, because people used Steam at that time for AAA games/publisher games, not small indiegames, so they bundled them.

I guess now it looks quite different.

Besides that: The Humble bundles during that time happened three or four times a year. Right now there is a new weekly and new Humble Bundles arrive every 2 week.

I would say the quality never dropped. The current Jumbo Bundle e.g. offers great games.

It's not even the QA -- it's the sheer numbers. If you give away all the "indie" darlings, over the next x years you will run out of "excellent" games to give out as part of a super discount bundle.

I just think nothing changed regarding that, considering the Humble Bundles were like 3-4 times a year before till it changed like 2-3 years ago.

That game's great but honestly pretty short. I think it took me 7 hours.
Thats good to hear and i pretty much figured, played like 2 hours and i assume im on chapter 3, saw the therapist like 3 or 4 times already and everytime you see him you get a "last time on until dawn"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom