• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
saviour? surely you don't mean power hungry all out war on your PC chrome that we all know.

Our Lord works in mysterious ways. He needs power to give power, it is known.

To get a Darksiders 2 Deathnitive Edition do the following:

Seems they actually understand that what they were doing was pretty unfair. People who told others to shut up about it can bite it.

That feel when you just own a "Crucible Pass" which isn't actually a season pass.

Pachimari

Something feels off about Black Ops 3.
I'm also disappointed I can't seem to run this game on anything higher than Medium with 16GB of RAM, i5 processor and a GTX 780.

jshackles, if you ever re-release an ES plugin for Firefox, please add something to the code to make it refuse to work on the profile of this jackmonkey:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000688061

o1k94kn.png

So let me summarize:

(1) You develop ES, providing not only a ridiculously useful plugin to make browsing Steam better for everyone, but you do it for free out of the goodness in your heart.
(2) You provide your own servers, which you eat the cost of every month, to give even better features to the ES plugin.
(3) You purchase a game that you should've received for free for $6 so that you can make others aware of the bullshit going on with Nordic Games, idle that game, and leave a mostly "matter of fact" type review.
(4) lance8765 says you should stop asking for free things (which you, by the publisher's original statements, are entitled to receive) and demands you provide him withs something he wants for free regardless of everything you've already done to try to improve his experience on Steam.

jshackles, if you ever re-release an ES plugin for Firefox, please add something to the code to make it refuse to work on the profile of this jackmonkey:

So let me summarize:

(1) You develop ES, providing not only a ridiculously useful plugin to make browsing Steam better for everyone, but you do it for free out of the goodness in your heart.
(2) You provide your own servers, which you eat the cost of every month, to give even better features to the ES plugin.
(3) You purchase a game that you should've received for free for $6 so that you can make others aware of the bullshit going on with Nordic Games, idle that game, and leave a mostly "matter of fact" type review.
(4) lance8765 says you should stop asking for free things (which you, by the publisher's original statements, are entitled to receive) and demands you provide him withs something he wants for free regardless of everything you've already done to try to improve his experience on Steam.

This makes me irrationally angry.

This makes me incredibly happy.

Ludens

Banned
Did someone actually receive the DS2 Definitive key on their mail after they sent a mail with a proof of purchase?

Also, wasn't SR4 already bundled by Humble?

I also managed to proceed on DS2 Sins, did the port part plus the
dragon with ancient dragon-hunter
thing.

I'm playing offline mostly, anyway, because the other day someone invaded me and I was already dying by myself, so it's better this way. Bosses are not too hard, expecially I still remember the tactic from DS2 vanilla, what pisses me off is when the game throws at you 500 enemies and Pursuer spawns to fuck me up.

How can I access DLC area? Because I think I'll do DLC and I won't bother on playing the whole game until the end, I just want to see new areas.

aw350

Banned
Regarding Anno 2205, they seem to have changed DRM from what they used before to Uplay.

What's interesting is that the previous version - Anno 2070 - now mentions TAGES *as well as* Uplay.

I assume that TAGES is generally worse than Uplay, is that correct? And what does it mean for Anno 2070 - did they change to Uplay with some patch (so perhaps it isn't as bad as it was)?

Did anyone actually subscribe to the Humble Monthly Bundle?

What's holding me now is that I'm sure it will have Saint's Row 4, and I'll probably get the censored Australian version which makes it worthless for me :/

Grief.exe

Regarding Anno 2205, they seem to have changed DRM from what they used before to Uplay.

What's interesting is that the previous version - Anno 2070 - now mentions TAGES *as well as* Uplay.

I assume that TAGES is generally worse than Uplay, is that correct? And what does it mean for Anno 2070 - did they change to Uplay with some patch (so perhaps it isn't as bad as it was)?

Anno 2070 has had both Uplay and Tages for a while. I can't remember whether they patched Uplay in later.

Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery) is the only game in the series that isn't riddled with DRM on Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles how long til you stream thing starts?

t1446915600z4.png

So let me summarize:

The problem is that if I did it for this guy, I'd have to do it for a lot of other people too unfortunately. I get a surprising amount of this. Protip: if you're on my friend's list and I start playing a game on Steam and you message me with something like "You don't have time to be playing a game because I'm getting X bug in ES/IM and you should be fixing it instead" is a pretty good way to get removed from my friend's list in a hurry.

Amazon gave the Season Pass key as well with their bundle.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APOVDDY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ahh, I just missed it in the flood of activations for the game's dlc that I had when I redeemed all those keys... it's in there... oh well, now we wait and see if they make good on that promise of a key. I've already put in a refund request for the game.

Side note: The amount of people who go around spewing idiotic nonsense from their mouths on reviews like jshackles and mine are absolutely ridiculous. Respect to some of you noble SteamGAFers who were there arguing with them, fighting the good fight. Bernardo jumps out in particular.

Did anyone actually subscribe to the Humble Monthly Bundle?

What's holding me now is that I'm sure it will have Saint's Row 4, and I'll probably get the censored Australian version which makes it worthless for me :/

Yes. Myself and a few others in here have. I've spent $12 on worse, most likely. Even if I own everything, I'm sure I'll have a few decent presents to give out to friends and Christmas is coming, after all.

Did someone actually receive the DS2 Definitive key on their mail after they sent a mail with a proof of purchase?

Also, wasn't SR4 already bundled by Humble?

No clue yet, but they said they'd do it, so I've sent them an email.

And even if SR4 was bundled by Humble, what's your point? They never said every game in the Humble Monthly would be something that hadn't been bundled previously.

This makes me irrationally angry.

I know, right? That's why I wanted to bring attention to the bullshit.

Sini

Anno 2070 has had both Uplay and Tages for a while. I can't remember whether they patched Uplay in later.

Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery) is the only game in the series that isn't riddled with DRM on Steam.

Uplay was there from the beginning.

Red Hood

Banned
Wait, what, I just found out there are multiple levels of game badges?? And here I was being content with my lvl1 DXHR badge.

I'm partial to this one:

bernardoone boo hoo hoo something is unfair and didn't go your way well guess what u should start wakeing up to the real world and start realizing that life itself is unfair and that you're only a speck of dust in this huge universe who can't walways get what u want.

It's a carefully crafted piece, with its willful air of violent disregard for grammar being used expertly to underscore the stark fatalism in its start that quickly falls away to resigned nihilism.

And the word walways.

But another thing I got out of this... Bernardo is Steam Level 78!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tizoc

She looks a lot younger now, a lot 'cuter', less serious. She's looking like a Chun Li who's just starting out, rather than the older, more serious, first lady of fighting games that she should be.

Didn't they do the same with Cammy? I blame the Japanese side for this :V

Arthea

Wait, what, I just found out there are multiple levels of game badges?? And here I was being content with my lvl1 DXHR badge.

that's cute and funny

there are 5 levels of a simple game badge and 1 lvl of a foil, 6 badges per game. Unfortunately valve did it in a way, that when you make a higher level you lose access to lower levels, I mean for badge spots on your profile.

Hektor

I'm partial to this one:

It's a carefully crafted piece, with its willful air of violent disregard for grammar being used expertly to underscore the stark fatalism in its start that quickly falls away to resigned nihilism.

And the word walways.

But another thing I got out of this... Bernardo is Steam Level 78!!!!!!!!!!!!

C1Nr9sl.png

The problem is that if I did it for this guy, I'd have to do it for a lot of other people too unfortunately. I get a surprising amount of this. Protip: if you're on my friend's list and I start playing a game on Steam and you message me with something like "You don't have time to be playing a game because I'm getting X bug in ES/IM and you should be fixing it instead" is a pretty good way to get removed from my friend's list in a hurry.

uhm. Wow

People suck.

Lol smh at some people.

t1446915600z4.png

So. Why are you posting on GAF, while you could fix mistakes? Seriously!

wow, some people really can be annoying at times huh.

I don't know if I'm guilty but I've messaged other persons too before while they're playing, though mostly to greet them or thank them.

Yikes.

Knurek

I hope Humble Monthly will be three Aldorlea RPG Maker games, Sakura Spirits and a Digital Homicide game.

The outrage, think of the delicious outrage if that were to happen.

Umh, I remember they did, except for "classic" titles.

You remember wrong. They said there would be games that had never been bundled, yes. But they never said that all games would be new and never bundled before.

I can't find the breakdown I saw someone post on GAF though. It was like 1-2 never bundled games, 1 recent hit, 2 "classic" games or something like that. The best I could find with a quick google search was this statement from HB directly:

"A highly curated bundle of our favorite games at one fixed price, includes everything from recent hits to hidden gems to timeless classics," the company promised.

Arthea

my promised week without doom and gloom passed, so here we go

the worst selling best game award goes to - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

Score rank: 95% Userscore: 96% Owners: 5,331 ± 1,871

the dream is dead

Kiseki curse is a real thing, confirmed.

the worst selling best game award goes to - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

the dream is dead

there should be around the same number of owners on PSN, 10k is around normal numbers for xseed

the dream is dead

Thing about niche games is, they can be critically acclaimed by players and reviewers. They just don't get high on the priority list of most people. Always sucks a good game to see not be successful though.

Knurek

the dream is dead

This is what happens when you dump your game to die during the hottest season of the year.
No promotion. No advertisement. No launch discount. No mention of the game during the XSEED event week before release. Launching alongside Tales of Zestiria and NepNep 3, not to mention Divinity, Wasteland 2 and Fallout 4. Nothing.

(See also Axiom Verge, Adventures of Pip, Elliot Quest)

Teggy

the dream is dead

I did my part on the Playstation Store. I'm sure it sold like a million...no, 10 million! copies there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom