• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

2W5fdy3.gif

got my fallout 4 code from gmg!!

I didnt get the E-Mail, but I found my key when i logged into GMG

2W5fdy3.gif

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Rainbow Six Siege will feature one year of free DLC

Each season will introduce a new map, new operators, new cosmetic items and more.

Rainbow Six Siege will be supported by a year of free DLC, delivered in four seasons, Ubisoft has announced.

"We made a commitment to treating our game as a service and investing in it for the long term," explains the RB6 Siege dev blog. "Our vision was not a game that you'd play through and 'beat,' but something you'd regularly come back to. In order to do that, we'll be actively supporting Rainbow Six Siege with gameplay balancing and tweaks (plus detailed patch notes), events and competitions, and four major content releases with no paywall on gameplay content."

g0asbnp.jpg

Over the course of the year players will be given free access to four seasons of content, which when combined will offer:
  • 4 new maps (playable on both online multiplayer and Terrorist Hunt)
  • 8 new operators, with new primary/secondary weapons and unique Gadget
  • New cosmetic items
  • New game modes, events and/or activities

All new maps and modes will be free and available immediately to all players. New operators and most weapon skins can be unlocked with earned currency called Renown, or with R6 Credits. The only microtransaction exclusive content will be "a small number of premium weapon skins that are purely aesthetic and have no impact on gameplay".

"The launch of Rainbow Six Siege on December 1st is just the beginning of what we want to do with this game," explains the blog. "We believe this is a game that will have a long lifespan, and we are eager to continue to support the game as the Rainbow Six community grows.

"We are very excited to kick off this journey next month and see how the sandbox advances over time with your help."

So what of the previously announced Rainbow Six Siege Season Pass? Community developer Chase Straight revealed on Reddit that this "will be communicated very soon. Since we're doing things a little differently with our post-launch content, the season pass will be different from a traditional one."

Seasonpass and free DLC...

I dont know. Sounds like a mess.

Judging by that:

So what of the previously announced Rainbow Six Siege Season Pass? Community developer Chase Straight revealed on Reddit that this "will be communicated very soon. Since we're doing things a little differently with our post-launch content, the season pass will be different from a traditional one."

Maybe they do the Halo Approach? The first few months only seasonpass holders can play maps/modes, then it becomes free?

chronomac

So if the Monthly service catches on, this is how things look on a week-to-week basis with Humble:

Monday - Mobile (bi-weekly, started this week)
Tuesday - Bundle (bi-weekly, last week)
Wednesday - Books (bi-weekly, this week)
Thursday - Weekly
Friday - Monthly (starts this week)

That's a lot to keep track of.

Dr Dogg

lashbot got that BLOPs fever. I don't think there will be any representative numbers until after the weekend on account for the regional unlock times and launching on a Friday. Also it's the first time since WaW that every thing, Campaign, Multi etc has been one app so makes comparisons a little different.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I can't decide whether I want to get Fallout 4 now, or wait and get a GOTY edition somewhere down the line when I'm not just playing Binding Of Isaac all the time. Plus my laptop's a couple of years old now so probably won't run it spectacularly well. We'll see.

So if the Monthly service catches on, this is how things look on a week-to-week basis with Humble:

Monday - Mobile (bi-weekly, started this week)
Tuesday - Bundle (bi-weekly, last week)
Wednesday - Books (bi-weekly, this week)
Thursday - Weekly
Friday - Monthly (starts this week)

That's a lot to keep track of.

This is going to lead to a lot of shit tier bundles.

Vlad

They're trying to look snazzy before their Humble Monthly premiere.

Honestly, though, I had no idea the game ran that poorly. The new engine has completely changed that game.

To be fair, I never had any issues like what they show in the Unity 4 stuff. Of course, I never made anything close to as complicated as some of the stuff they were showing. I think that video's more of a showcase for how the game can handle the really elaborate builds now.

GaussTek

SC has sold about as much as I expected it to.
It was never going to sell anywhere close to what FC has sold anyway.
Just looking at the achievement stats, only 9.7% of people have actually completed the 4th chapter in that one. And since the price of SC is way way out of the impulse purchase territory, it's going to be trickling in with an extremely long tail as people (probably) eventually play FC, and then are ready to play the sequel.

This right here.

Also, I dunno why they didn't open up pre-orders for TitS SC, an small discount during pre-order would have benefited early sales a lot IMO.

Koei-Tecmo sucks. They changed their pricing on the chinese Steam store (I remember Toukiden was kinda cheap), but now removed it and cant buy their games on the store. You can still open the storepage, but there is no buy button...

So they actually changed the price, noticed something and then removed it...

Kyougar

For anyone wondering:

My Fallout 4 Key was the one with the 50% Voucher mistake. so I got it for 30€ instead of 60€.

I was a little scared that they dont honor the "Deal" But they did and I am REALLY Happy.

Oh no next it's blind games. Someone will announces something at E3 next year, not tell you anything but say 'remember preorder now' and the folks will lap it up. Mark my words!!!

What a blinder of a scheme that would be, eh?

Let's just hope they have the vision to not go that route.

Well they certainly reactivated the community all right...

Took the words right out of my mouth. ;)

Koei-Tecmo sucks. They changed their pricing on the chinese Steam store (I remember Toukiden was kinda cheap), but now removed it and cant buy their games on the store. You can still open the storepage, but there is no buy button...

So they actually changed the price, noticed something and then removed it...

Are you sure it's not the general purchasing issues that are currently running rampant?

Ah alright.:D Well hopefully Tomb Raider is the definitive version at least.

DE doesn't exist on PC. Closest you could get would be base game + all dlc.

Are you sure it's not the general purchasing issues that are currently running rampant?

I am not exactly sure.
It just seems to be the case with all K-T titles now. I could buy them when they introduced the RMB and all the other titles from my wishlist (that had updated prices) can also be bought.

But what current purchasing issues btw?

That's good. I hope the issues with DS2 doesn't cause problems for that project.

ewww, Early Access.

Dark Souls 3?
Dead Space 3?

Ohhhhh, you mean DARK SIDERS 3. I see.
I'll have to add that to my wishlist with UN CHARTED 4 (UC4) and FALL OUT 4 (FC4). ;)

And there's nothing wrong with early access if it's done right.

hey guys, i jumped ship and bought the BO3 PS4 for my birthday

i hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me

Forgive? I welcome you with open arms, brother. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom