• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I'm generally surprised TitS SC sold that well, considering how much XSEED mishandled the release.

Was expecting <1k, truth be told.

Lain

my promised week without doom and gloom passed, so here we go

the worst selling best game award goes to - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

Score rank: 95% Userscore: 96% Owners: 5,331 ± 1,871

the dream is dead

Kiseki curse is a real thing, confirmed.

It's gonna be a slow burn for sure.
The lack of a first week discount really hurt it though.

Arthea

Tits 2 is also double the price of the first one.

It's also twice larger game than FC, never localized, one that happens to be expensive to localize, your point?

on the bright side, it'll make frostie happy, no longer his activity feed will be filled with tLoH screenshots after SC because we aren't getting more anytime soon if ever.
And I'll shut up about it too, because no amount of begging will sway Falcom or Xseed after this.

Chariot

Nah, make all five Sakura games. Chariot's dream. :)
You can't even imagine what I'll do if that happens >:I

---

Rargh, KORRRRRRA! I got all achievements except one - finishing all tutorials, because tutorials are apparently missable and vanish once you finish the level once, so you would need to start completely anew. Maybe I back up my safe and rush through it in casual mode, but not today.
Overall the game was fun, even if very difficult at times (but hey, the mode is called Extreme for a reason, I guess). Story was super weak sadly and the game was insanely short. Could've been a really good game if it went on for longer in a better story.

Knurek

on the bright side, it'll make frostie happy, no longer his activity feed will be filled with tLoH screenshots after SC because we aren't getting more anytime soon if ever.
And I'll shut up about it too, because no amount of begging will sway Falcom or Xseed after this.

Well, you will get Trails games on PS3, because XSEED cares about that userbase.
Until one of them flops so bad, they will need PC users again to save their asses from bankruptcy.

Protip: if you're on my friend's list and I start playing a game on Steam and you message me with something like "You don't have time to be playing a game because I'm getting X bug in ES/IM and you should be fixing it instead" is a pretty good way to get removed from my friend's list in a hurry.

I can't believe people do this shit. Shameful really.

Ok, I just subscribed as well. I used my chilean paypal and a VPN, hopefully I can avoid the censored version.

Edit: Paypal sent the money but I didn't get anything from HB. Not even Legend of Grimrock 2.

Yup, this happened to me too. Sent in a support request but they say their current response time is 5 working days.

So to recap, in the last week...

1. Bought Anno 2205. Got a region locked CD key. Refunded.
2. The comedy with the Black Ops 3 CD keys last night.
3. Humble Bundle purchase with no receipt/record of the transaction.

I think the universe is telling me to just stop spending money on games for a while.

Arthea

Well, you will get Trails games on PS3, because XSEED cares about that userbase.
Until one of them flops so bad, they will need PC users again to save their asses from bankruptcy.

That's not gonna happen, you'll see how Senran Kagura will sell fifty times better with no effort required to localize and Xseed will give us more of that, because that's what steam users want, as Sakura games keep proving, I just had hope that we still can somehow dance around it with some people buying good games anyway, but apparently I was wrong.

Lol that's what I meant. Same thing happened to me.

but guys, I wait to make booster packs too, what makes it different if it's me? I don't quite understand. You mean you trade anything, even cards you need if someone asks?

Dr Dogg

I'd say the Trails 'doom and gloom' has a certain factor of people's value perceptions changing over time. I got the TitS Limited Edition at retail for about £38 and had a blast with the game way back when. It's available on PSN over here digitally at £25 and gets regular discounts in and around 50% off. The Steam release being £12.99 you could say is a bargain as it's pretty much the original PC version with support for higher resolutions and much better fonts as well as a few other nip and tucks to the game. But I guess if that's your first point of entry to the franchise then seeing £22.99 pop up as the price for SC might make you a bit hesitant to jump in despite it being cheaper than the PSP and PSN prices for FC when they first launched. Thankfully digital PC is a very long tail platform and if you manage your discounts right you should be able to keep sales coming in. Question is though how soon feasibly do Xseed need a return on their investment before it starts to effect them.

Yup, this happened to me too. Sent in a support request but they say their current response time is 5 working days.

So to recap, in the last week...

1. Bought Anno 2205. Got a region locked CD key. Refunded.
2. The comedy with the Black Ops 3 CD keys last night.
3. Humble Bundle purchase with no receipt/record of the transaction.

I think the universe is telling me to just stop spending money on games for a while.

Didn't Steam lock you out of purchasing certain titles with the currency swap over and other got a comically inflated price too?

Annubis

It is also an era where many crap games overshadow the better game releases in Steam

Well, it also released right in the middle of Tales of Zestiria, Divinity: Original Sin EE, CoD:BLOPS 3 and Fallout 4.

There's just no way to gather attention as a small niche game against these titans =/

Deques

Well, it also released right in the middle of Tales of Zestiria, Divinity: Original Sin EE, CoD:BLOPS 3 and Fallout 4.

There's just no way to gather attention as a small niche game against these titans =/

To make it worse, it was released during the Halloween sale

Knurek

There is always a way. XSEED just didn't try, like at all. Just dropped the game on Steam/GOG a few days after tweeting it's coming.

This may work on GOG due to curation/no AAA games/different userbase.
This might have worked on Steam in 2012 due to no Greenlight, no Japanese titles and lower number of releases.
But this sure as hell will not work on Steam in 2015/16.

Catchy tune. I would not have guessed you being excited for FO4.

Dan Bull can hype just about anything. And I think Fallout 4 will be swell to play someday... I'm just not paying for it on release -- I'm all about GOTY versions with Bethesda games after Skyrim and watching how they discount everything else too.

Dan Bull can hype just about anything. And I think Fallout 4 will be swell to play someday... I'm just not paying for it on release -- I'm all about GOTY versions with Bethesda games after Skyrim and watching how they discount everything else too.

don't worry, I'll have fun in your place until that goty version.

Parsnip

SC has sold about as much as I expected it to.
It was never going to sell anywhere close to what FC has sold anyway.
Just looking at the achievement stats, only 9.7% of people have actually completed the 4th chapter in that one. And since the price of SC is way way out of the impulse purchase territory, it's going to be trickling in with an extremely long tail as people (probably) eventually play FC, and then are ready to play the sequel.

In other news, my xbone controller and dongle arrived today. Yay.
I haven't actually held the bone controller before, so first impression of it is that feels great and sturdy. Buttons and sticks feel great too.
Haven't actually played anything with it yet.

• Harley Quinn: Short and not terribly interestingly designed. Plays exactly like Catwomen which is kinda lame.
  • Red Hood: Really cool environments. Short, but sweet. Having guns is surprisingly fun.
  • Nightwing: I love the color correction, but it's mostly in the GCPD which just isn't interesting as a play space. Nightwing skins are all ugly which is a turnoff for me.
  • Batgirl: Very cool location, but she plays like a gimped Batman. I wish they had done more to set her apart. I wouldn't have minded it being a bit longer either.
  • Batmobile Races: Definitely worth checking each track out at least once. There is a ton of love put into each of them. The 3 lap variants are a bit frustrating to 3-star, but I found the single lap option to be a lot of fun to perfect.

Thanks.
Going to have to keep an eye on them during the winter sales.

Dr Dogg

Do we even know what is in Fallout 4's Season Pass yet or is it still a mystery package? Saying that the parallels with season passes and Surprise Boxes that some retailers used to do to clear old stock lines out is quite apt.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do we even know what is in Fallout 4's Season Pass yet or is it still a mystery package? Saying that the parallels with season passes and Surprise Boxes that some retailers used to do to clear old stock lines out is quite apt.

Total mystery still

Mine came with socks, so I'm happy with that

NOT EVEN BETHESDA KNOWS!! But dont worry dogg, youll get all fallout 4 dlc, even if it only ends up being 1 of those regular bethesda dlcs and a bunch of cosmetic stuff. $30 pls :))

aWSYVre.png

BLOPS3 getting not so good reviews, mainly of technical nature.
Seems the framerate problems on console were not due to console hardware, since there are many reporting stutters etc. even on high-end PCs.

The only thing I've heard is the dlc via the season pass will be less stand alone stories and somewhat guided by player feedback on what they want more of from the game.

Red Hood

Banned
For those who have Black Ops III on Steam, apparently there is a price error that says the season pass is free. I tried it out but it said I (understandably) needed to have the vanilla version.

edit: Aaaaaand it's fixed.

Dr Dogg

Total mystery still

Mine came with socks, so I'm happy with that

NOT EVEN BETHESDA KNOWS!! But dont worry dogg, youll get all fallout 4 dlc, even if it only ends up being 1 of those regular bethesda dlcs and a bunch of cosmetic stuff. $30 pls :))

I guess you were swayed by limited edition hosiery but I'm baffled that some folks would make a blind purchase like that unless there was a discount. But even still how can you gauge value on something you don't even know what you're buying? Though I'm pretty sure it will live up to its price (in terms of quantity) given Bethesda's past DLC offerings for their RPGs.

The only thing I've heard is the dlc via the season pass will be less stand alone stories and somewhat guided by player feedback on what they want more of from the game.

Hmmmm. That sounds like a combination of crowdfunding and thinktank design.

aWSYVre.png

BLOPS3 getting not so good reviews, mainly of technical nature.
Seems the framerate problems on console were not due to console hardware, since there are many reporting stutters etc. even on high-end PCs.

Works fine for me :p

Seriously though the game is fucked for some people. That motion blur bug though does look funny as an outside observer but would do my head in if it effected me first hand. The CPU issues are a bit troubling as I've seen my usage spike wildly and I've got plenty of overhead so can't imagine that's too nice on a Sandy CPU. Does require a lot of VRAM at the Extra textures setting so surprised that's not mentioned and as you start pushing your resolution up VRAM takes a large jump too. Then there are those who just don't flat out like the game. Eats gave a pretty good and well summary of why the series isn't for him and Gertsman's review on GB is very well reasoned.

Nzyme32

Is it me or is Steam broken, can't buy anything, all dlc listed as $0, and it broke during payment for mushihimesama... I'm guessing this is a sign not to buy it.

For those who have Black Ops III on Steam, apparently there is a price error that says the season pass is free. I tried it out but it said I (understandably) needed to have the vanilla version.

Steam is broken if you are having the same issue I am. Purchase options don't show up in the client store, BPM or mobile apps

Edit - and purchase options are back

bloke

Hm, got suscribed to Humble Monthly, my card got charged, got transaction confirmation email, but on Humble web i'm still stuck with "Processing" popup and "Waiting for Stripe" message for half an hour. How long should I wait before contacting HB support, this never happened to me before?

Red Hood

Banned
Steam is broken if you are having the same issue I am. Purchase options don't show up in the client store, BPM or mobile apps

It did show up as $0,00 but I seemed to be able to buy it if I had Black Ops III. It directed to the purchasing process as usual, sent the code to my Steam Guard on my phone as usual. Pricing is fixed now though.

Arthea

Hm, got suscribed to Humble Monthly, my card got charged, got transaction confirmation email, but on Humble web i'm still stuck with "Processing" popup and "Waiting for Stripe" message for half an hour. How long should I wait before contacting HB support, this never happened to me before?

It happens, that message doesn't mean anything, if you got an e-mail about this purchase, it is done.

edited: what I mean, it's safe to refresh the page, if you got that e-mail.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess you were swayed by limited edition hosiery but I'm baffled that some folks would make a blind purchase like that unless there was a discount. But even still how can you gauge value on something you don't even know what you're buying? Though I'm pretty sure it will live up to its price (in terms of quantity) given Bethesda's past DLC offerings for their RPGs.

For me personally I probably wouldn't have bothered until something was announced. However, I got my PS4 copy + season pass + poster + socks for $48. So I feel like even if the season pass content sucks, it was essentially free compared to if I bought the game somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom