• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

PS4-related, I started up Infamous Second Son and played it for an hour or two.
Yep, it plays like Infamous. Not a fan of using the touchpad as a button though, especially in the heat of combat. I have the game locked to 30fps, but I swear I'm getting lag/fps drops. Or maybe it's just the scenery loading.

iirc the 30fps cap brings in some frame pacing issues

M.D

Alright, got my order from Funstock Digital (no key yet, someone said they will send keys on monday)

Still need to finish Dead Money, Lonesome Road plus a bunch of side quests and the main quest

Chariot

Feq27w5.png
A very edgy cat.

Dr Dogg

This sounds like a challenge to me.
I'm tempted to tell you "you're on.".

Well I've just got my PC stable after a minor headache but I'm going to torture myself with the first few missions tomorrow to see if I can be bothered of not. Although it does have an achievement attached to finishing the campaign on that difficulty.

I'm up to mission 3 and parts of mission 2 were flat out broken on realistic solo because they force you to use a shotgun while enemies fire on your with machine guns. Died 129 times, lol.

#thestruggle

Yeah I'm just doing that bit now and it's frustrating on babies difficulty. I don't think anyone bothered to balance Realistic and just said fuck it you die in one hit with no concessions made for gameplay other than you need other peeps there to revive you.

Lomax

Why Bound by Flame is so under rated?

It's a Spiders developed game, so you know what you're going for... Great monsters design, good soundtrack and setting, decent combat, cheesy lines. Janky? For sure, but not too overwhelming. Entertaining? Possibly!

It's a lite Souls like game, but at least with its own identity, with enough loot, and skills to develop while leveling up.

I don't remember when, where and why I bought it, but today I found it installed while I was uninstalling games to free space and gave it a try; I enjoyed it enough to play it again in the future.

A couple pictures for reference (from Steam page):

PS: I think there's no autosave, save your game from the Pause Menu!

It was actually decently successful when it released. I like Spiders other stuff, but Bound by Flame looked too much like "generic rpg trope the game" for me to be very interested.

Sch1sm

I just can't play horror games anymore

Even Rachel scares me in Revelations

Don't be such a baby. It's just fiction
sometimes

That being said. We're the opposite. I love them. I want more of them in my life. I haven't played one since Alien Isolation/Evil Within.

saw the first 2 eps of iZombie, i like their take on zombies, its different. is it actually a comic or is it just inspired by comics?

also Until Dawn is scaring the pants out of me, I'm not made for horror, I'm too much of a pussy. :( How'd you beat it jshacks?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
also Until Dawn is scaring the pants out of me, I'm not made for horror, I'm too much of a pussy. :( How'd you beat it jshacks?

The game is absolutely fantastic and really well done. There were some parts that scared the crap out of me, and I loved every second of it. I also managed to make it through P.T., which I guess a lot of people on GAF noped out of pretty early on.

fantomena

The game is absolutely fantastic and really well done. There were some parts that scared the crap out of me, and I loved every second of it. I also managed to make it through P.T., which I guess a lot of people on GAF noped out of pretty early on.

I excpted a pretty shity,boring c-movie thing out of the game. What I got was the opposite.

rtcn63

Having recently finished Bloodborne (more or less), it's great. Much less obfuscated and simplified compared to Dark and Demon's Souls (at the cost of a sense of discovery/exploration), but still doesn't disappoint. One of my few complaints is
since most weapons and armor act as "side grades", finding new stuff doesn't feel so exciting. You actually get probably the easiest-to-use-yet-very-powerful weapon, Ludwig's Unholy Blade, pretty early on. I used that and the axe for the entire playthrough.

Oh and outside of certain bosses, I didn't care to use firearms or one-handed. You have to spec for the former to be effective (besides for parrying) and the latter is... bland. Lot of short swords that just don't have the perks (damage/range/aoe) of their two-handed counterparts. For PvE anyways.

every time the camera changes to that red filter i just put the controller down and dry my hands cause i fear something is about to go down.
What is this iZombie everyone speaks of and should I be watching it?

its a show about a girl who becomes a zombie but stays with her human emotions and mind, only seen the first 2 eps, I'm enjoying it. season 1 is on netflix.
It's inspired by the comics with a few differences here and there.

oh ok so it is a comic

Cth

saw the first 2 eps of iZombie, i like their take on zombies, its different. is it actually a comic or is it just inspired by comics?

Yep, it was actually a comic. From DC's Vertigo imprint. Something like 25-30 issues.

It's pretty different from the tv show aside from the main characters' ability.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-5D56DD48C85220DB - Taken by Tektonic. 9 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-E9C945BBB004130F - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Contagion #3 -- MB-E057FB80948CD13E - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-F7F970C6ACB25065 - Taken by AsylumX. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-F4D4D59231DA7FE5 - Taken by madjoki. 4 entrants total.
Contagion #2 -- MB-6419DF6D96B6008E - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row IV -- MB-93E433AFB15E7928 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 16 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-559617A7341ED677 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.

t1446865951z1.png

So does this mean we now have a carte blanche to portbeg Sony exclusives? I'm down for that.

Maybe wait until Uncharted or something else made in-house shows up on PC and that Bloodborne becomes official. Between Helldivers and now possible Bloodborne I'm way less inclined to buy a PS4. It would be great if Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive hit PC. I don't think I could justify buying either of the consoles at least for another year, if that happened.

Sarcasm

So the currency switch in Taiwan just plain sucks ass. You save about 5 USD if you're lucky.

And top it off like the other countries about 20% of the games on steam you can't buy anymore. Seriously what kind of crap is this!?

Things were better at first, but now they suck.

Hinomura

It was actually decently successful when it released. I like Spiders other stuff, but Bound by Flame looked too much like "generic rpg trope the game" for me to be very interested.

I'm finding the gameplay and the setting good enough; probably I'm not worried about the tropes because I started the games already knowing it had cheesy lines - and sometimes, but maybe it's just me, it seems to joke about it; nothing 4th wall (at least for now) but some dialogues seem to suggest "Hey I'm a cheesy game, but don't worry, you'll have fun!" - and there were already cool moments in the little time I played it.

---

A bit late but, I'm very sorry there's people harassing jshackles; two great tools (enhanced steam and idlemaster, obviously) which are the best companions for Steam, they're free, he's spending money to keep up with servers, and there's people questioning about his free time?

Please jshackles, don't mind them! :)

---

Ok, bed time - less than 6 hours to sleep. Good night everyone! :)

Why Bound by Flame is so under rated?

It's a Spiders developed game, so you know what you're going for... Great monsters design, good soundtrack and setting, decent combat, cheesy lines. Janky? For sure, but not too overwhelming. Entertaining? Possibly!

It's a lite Souls like game, but at least with its own identity, with enough loot, and skills to develop while leveling up.

I don't remember when, where and why I bought it, but today I found it installed while I was uninstalling games to free space and gave it a try; I enjoyed it enough to play it again in the future.

A couple pictures for reference (from Steam page):

PS: I think there's no autosave, save your game from the Pause Menu!

The souls comparison really isn't too valid, other than "they're both action rpgs!"
Hell, I'd put it as "The Witcher" lite, but hey, opinions.

The worst things about that game were:
The enemies got really repetitive really quickly.
The game is actually pretty short.
The choices they give you seem like Telltale choices sometimes.
They won't allow same sex romance.
The last boss is a huge pain in the ass. I was stuck there for a good while and thought my build might not be able to finish the game.

There was probably more, but I don't recall offhand.

Wheres the rest of the cat?

Snowstorm.

I still haven't found if there is one so does anyone know if there is something like an official DS4Windows thing for tweaking the settings on a Xbox One controller?

Not that I know of.
Nobody has needed to make one because "microsoft".
Since there's no necessity to foster invention, nobody has done anything with it. Besides that, there's no need to intercept and translate the inputs (since it's natively xinput), so ... yeah.

Having recently finished Bloodborne (more or less), it's great. Much less obfuscated and simplified compared to Dark and Demon's Souls (at the cost of a sense of discovery/exploration), but still doesn't disappoint. One of my few complaints is
since most weapons and armor act as "side grades", finding new stuff doesn't feel so exciting. You actually get probably the easiest-to-use-yet-very-powerful weapon, Ludwig's Unholy Blade, pretty early on. I used that and the axe for the entire playthrough.

Oh and outside of certain bosses, I didn't care to use firearms or one-handed. You have to spec for the former to be effective (besides for parrying) and the latter is... bland. Lot of short swords that just don't have the perks (damage/range/aoe) of their two-handed counterparts. For PvE anyways.

I disagree with a lot of this post. I wouldn't say that it's simplified at all -- the level design is much the same and there are some ridiculously hidden weapons/runes/etc.

Sure, the weapon system is a bit simplified in terms of sheer numbers, but the souls games contain a ton of weapons where the movesets mostly overlap except for a single attack here or there. And most of my experience with the souls games was finding the weapon class I liked best and building to get the better weapons in that class to be usable.

And just because YOU didn't like using firearms are one handed weapons (of which there are plenty with very unique movesets and abilities) doesn't mean they're not viable or useful. Yeah, there are a lot of blades that work like short swords but then turn into something heavier or different. Kirkhammer/Ludwig's Unholy Blade/Burial Blade/Threaded Cane all have a similar sort sword one handed moveset, but the transformation abilities of each one makes them radically different in how they're used or scale. Add in that there are a ton of things that you probably never even realized (for example, the Watchdog of the Old Guardians is weak to serrated weapons, so using a high level threaded cane (transformed), saw cleaver (untransformed), or saw spear (either), give you extra damage during the fight. Add in the blood gem system so that you can change a weapon to fire/arcane/bolt/etc. and there's no need for a ridiculous amount of weapons. There are builds, for example, that dump tons of levels into arcane/bloodtinge and then can do ridiculous things to Amygdala and Rom using the cannon and flamesprayer respectively. There are builds that prioritize the blades of mercy weilded in transformed dual hand mode because of the flurry of quick strikes. It is nowhere near as simple as you make it out to be.

Anteater

Don't be such a baby. It's just fiction
sometimes

That being said. We're the opposite. I love them. I want more of them in my life. I haven't played one since Alien Isolation/Evil Within.

I'm tempted to buy the evil within considering how much I love mikami games, but damn

Kingbrave

Someone just sent me a code for Valkyria Chronicles over Steam Messenger. I've never had this happen before. Is this a legit thing?

If so, wow and I think they are from here and uh..thanks!

Grief.exe

Fallout 4 is just a few days away, so excited.

Eveyone and their mom playing BLOPS

To put it in perspective, Binding of Isaac Rebirth's launch last year had a higher concurrent peak. That game did not have a marketing budget in the tens of millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom