• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Empty Space, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-5D56DD48C85220DB - Taken by Tektonic. 9 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-E9C945BBB004130F - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Contagion #3 -- MB-E057FB80948CD13E - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-F7F970C6ACB25065 - Taken by AsylumX. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-F4D4D59231DA7FE5 - Taken by madjoki. 4 entrants total.
Contagion #2 -- MB-6419DF6D96B6008E - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row IV -- MB-93E433AFB15E7928 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 16 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-559617A7341ED677 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.

t1446865951z1.png

~Kinggi~

Banned
I was just going to ask if that worked. Thanks for the heads up!

Hot tip after looking at some comments, if you get this there are high-res textures in the DLC section on steam that arent enabled by default. Game is actually a whopping 56 gigs with the high textures. Apparently there is an in-game option to download but its really stupid and weird.

yuraya

So Overwatch is not f2p anymore huh? That is quite a big leap to go from f2p to 40$ and 60$. Especially when its just a online shooter. Maybe Blizzard aren't too happy with how model in HoTS has turned out.

Lain

I'm fine with Overwatch costing money. The question now is: Origins Edition or Collector Edition? Tough choice.

Jawmuncher

So Overwatch is not f2p anymore huh? That is quite a big leap to go from f2p to 40$ and 60$. Especially when its just a online shooter. Maybe Blizzard aren't too happy with how model in HoTS has turned out.

At the panel it was said to be made with consoles in mind first. Sounded like it was thought to be F2P, but the way the game plays kind of goes against that. In terms of buying heroes and such.
I'm fine with Overwatch costing money. The question now is: Origins Edition or Collector Edition? Tough choice.

lol how? It's a few skins and blizzard digital tat.
Do you play a lot of blizzard stuff and want the extra items: Yes
Do you want the extra items to try and sell to recoup cost: Yes
Everything else, get the standard.

Especially since at least PC has the option of one.

Jawmuncher

Not sure why anyone would buy a multiplayer only first person shooter. At least at that much money.

Eh, if you're going to put the time into them I don't see the problem.
The people who pay 60 and get tons of hours of say just the COD MP before even a single pass items is released get more then their worth. Really just depends on how you play MP games. Like for me if my group of friends is all getting it, I know we'll play a decent amount together so the price can be justified. If it's just me by myself, yeah I won't be spending very much if anything.

A star wars license?
Even then but, I see what you mean.

The people who pay 60 and get tons of hours of say just the COD MP before even a single pass items is released get more then their worth. Really just depends on how you play MP games. Like for me if my group of friends is all getting it, I know we'll play a decent amount together so the price can be justified. If it's just me by myself, yeah I won't be spending very much if anything.

Ah yeah true. Plenty of people buy CoD for just the multiplayer. I guess I would be to if I did get it. Hmm, I guess something about Overstrike rubs me the wrong way.

Lomax

Not sure why anyone would buy a multiplayer only first person shooter. At least at that much money.

Because Blizzard™. At least that's what it seems like to me. I'm not saying it will or won't be good, I have no idea. But I can't imagine it would even get off of the ground if it was anyone else trying to do it.

Alright... My GOTY list, barring any surprise titles in the last month.

1. Ori and the Blind Forest
  2. Rocket League
  3. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
  4. Bloodborne
  5. Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series
  6. Dragonball Xenoverse
  7. Mad Max
  8. Dying Light
  9. Wrahmmer: The End Times: Vermintide
  10. Life is Strange
What about you fellas?

Because Blizzard™. At least that's what it seems like to me. I'm not saying it will or won't be good, I have no idea. But I can't imagine it would even get off of the ground if it was anyone else trying to do it.

I think Because Blizzard is actually close to the truth. Not so much because the fans will buy it anyway (Although that is a factor), but more that you can count on lots of people buying it and more importantly playing it.

I think buying a $60 multiplayer only game is nuts, because 99% of the time, the game is dead within a week, especially outside of the US. So at least in this case you have a good chance of being in the 1% of games that hangs around.

Lain

lol how? It's a few skins and blizzard digital tat.
Do you play a lot of blizzard stuff and want the extra items: Yes
Do you want the extra items to try and sell to recoup cost: Yes
Everything else, get the standard.

Especially since at least PC has the option of one.

Blizzard CE boxes are pretty nice packages from my experience. I've been buying them for the latest WoW expansions and they didn't disappoint. Plus the design for the Overwatch CE box looks quite cool.
I do play a lot of Blizzard stuff or rather, I play a lot of a couple Blizzard games (D3 and WoW, HoTS is boring as fuck) and the fanservice they have going linking things between their games is a nice incentive.

I guess the choice isn't all that tough in the end as I'm probably going to pick the CE, so long as it's not going to cost me a kidney. They should have had a Tracer figure in it though. Such a missed opportunity!

Cause Tracer looks awesome!
I dunno, the Overwatch videos and the character designs have me more interested than the other free to play offerings, so much so I don't mind paying for it if I can get a cool box and some cool swag too.

This is pretty true. The friend I play D3 with is getting Overwatch too (and I'll try to bully the other one into buying it too), so I'll have someone to play it with.

zkylon

zkylewd
just attended a really cool brian moriarty talk at argie gdc

brian moriarty is cool

Yeah, Road to Perdition and History of Violence might be the best comic book adaptations nobody knows about :p
i've watched both of those movies

i liked one

You got many non-super hero comic adoptions. The Darkness, XIII, Turok, The Wolf Among Us, Hellboy, Men in Black, 300 and there are more that would be worthy to become adapted. DC Comícs and Marvel were bullying most other publishers out of business or into niches, but they exist. You should also take a look at italian and belgian comics.
i know i was just playing dumb :^)

WAIT WAIT WAIT!! Are you telling me that you have to buy heroes in overwatch, its not just cosmetics? if so, they can hold that, I'm good.

Jawmuncher

I am out of the loop for a lot of these games everyone talks about and it feels...kind of good, actually.

So you're either his

Or play a certain game for hundreds of hours like Civilization or Dota.

so overwatch is 60 usd eh

weird

almost makes me want it more

It's cheaper with the basic at 40. Though i'm sure South America pricing is bad as well. There's really no reason to get the origin version unless you're a huge blizzard fan.

No drop all of that.
Think Titanfall. It's a retail MP game.
40 Basic 60 with extra bullshit items/skins

God damn and i'm over hear bitching about there being no basic version for consoles.

OOOH okay, yea I can work with that. I need to get that beta though before I consider buying it. It looks really fun to watch but will I have as much fun playing it is the important question.

So you're either his

Or play a certain game for hundreds of hours like Civilization or Dota.

It's cheaper with the basic at 40. Though i'm sure South America pricing is bad as well. There's really no reason to get the origin version unless you're a huge blizzard fan.

Well, Blizzard is actually the best when it comes to Argentina and digital games. They sell their games in Argentine pesos and we can even pay with local credit cards and such.
Their exchange rate isn't bad either, it's the official value of the dollar here.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's about the same in argieland

60 usd version has those sick aviator glasses for tracer, that's kind of tempting, tho maybe not for 20 usd more lol

only problem of it being a payed thing is that my friends are not gonna get it

weird that there isn't a preorder discount tho

edit: noir widowmaker looks super stylish as well

why can't these just be league characters

Just started playing insurgency. Pretty hard at first but after a while it clicks and feels so good.

I am using a DS3 (after a lot of customizing with Better DS3 because default xbox controller settings don't work well for me) and still coming in top 3. Suck it K/M folk!

@.@

sadblob

I remember reading in a lot of sites Overwatch was going to be f2p, I guess it was a lot of people just assuming based on HS and HotS

Khronico

Alright... My GOTY list, barring any surprise titles in the last month.

1. Ori and the Blind Forest
  2. Rocket League
  3. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
  4. Bloodborne
  5. Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series
  6. Dragonball Xenoverse
  7. Mad Max
  8. Dying Light
  9. Wrahmmer: The End Times: Vermintide
  10. Life is Strange
What about you fellas?

1. Witcher 3
2. MGSV
3. Hotline Miami 2
4. Pillars of Eternity (I swear I'll finish it by GOTY)
5. Way of the Samurai 4

If I actually play Steins;Gate this year then that will be on the list somewhere too.
If A) The story is the only hot garbage part of Fallout 4 and B) I actually play it this year then F4 will be on the list.
Once Battlefront comes out and I play it to confirm that the full release is everything I hope it to be it'll be on the list

Honestly most of the games I played this year where not from this year. I just don't like buying games on release unless it's something I HAVE to play. Steam sales have trained me to wait.

Just started playing insurgency. Pretty hard at first but after a while it clicks and feels so good.

I am using a DS3 (after a lot of customizing with Better DS3 because default xbox controller settings don't work well for me) and still coming in top 3. Suck it K/M folk!

@.@

Insurgency is fantastic. I've been hopelessly addicted to the coop portion lately. It's one of those games where the mechanics are so masterfully crafted that it doesn't need a drip feed of EXP, unlocks, or flashy kill notifications to keep me coming back to it.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm tempted to buy the evil within considering how much I love mikami games, but damn

It is a damn good action horror game, I loved it. It's not survival horror like it is marketed as, but again, doesn't matter because it is pretty great at what it does.

Jawmuncher

I remember reading in a lot of sites Overwatch was going to be f2p, I guess it was a lot of people just assuming based on HS and HotS

I don't blame them. I mean as you said it was originally intended and until just now it seemed to be the case from what we knew.

It feels like F2P with mandatory starter pack purchase, Blizzard is totally going to charge you for new heroes in the future, maybe equipments and skins too.

Also Mad Max GOTY? Wasn't even best game of the week!

Jawmuncher

It feels like F2P with mandatory starter pack purchase, Blizzard is totally going to charge you for new heroes in the future, maybe equipments and skins too.

They said right now that isn't the plan in the other thread. Due to the console releases, outside of skins and such. We're more than likely in for Season Passes or Expansions.

Lomax

Also Mad Max GOTY? Wasn't even best game of the week!

Mad Max had dlc? I don't remember anyone talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom