• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tempted to buy the evil within considering how much I love mikami games, but damn

The Evil Within and Alien Isolation were both excellent in creating that "tension" and uneasiness based on the settings and environments.

Maybe wait until Uncharted or something else made in-house shows up on PC and that Bloodborne becomes official. Between Helldivers and now possible Bloodborne I'm way less inclined to buy a PS4. It would be great if Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive hit PC. I don't think I could justify buying either of the consoles at least for another year, if that happened.

Bloodborne has less of a chance of coming to PC than Bayonetta 2 does.

Sony owns the IP and they're not about to put it on PC.
FROM is happy with the sales and partnership -- enough so, that they are rumoured to be making another game in partnership with Sony.

In other words, keep dreaming.

Fallout 4 is just a few days away, so excited.

To put it in perspective, Binding of Isaac Rebirth's launch last year had a higher concurrent peak. That game did not have a marketing budget in the tens of millions.

Since when are you excited for Fallout 4, Mr. "I hate Bethesda and all I do is shit on them constantly"?
Or is this just a "I want to watch it crash and burn."

Syndicate is going to look so good
assassins-creed-syndicate-pc-geforce-com-exclusive-screenshot-003.jpg

assassins-creed-syndicate-pc-geforce-com-exclusive-screenshot-001.jpg

TXAA is amazing, look at the perfect IQ completely devoid of aliasing. That is how I think most games should look, not overly sharpened and full of flickering garbage.

Dsyndrome

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.

Enjoying Wasteland 2, sucks when you don't get credit for quests if you solve them on the spot, specifically with Jess Belle and her dowry. Had to reload, sell the dowry, get the quest, buy the dowry back, and then give it to her to get experience. Why couldn't I just either a) have the quest register and be completed, or b) be able to drop stuff on the ground to pick up later? Weird design decision.

Bloodborne has less of a chance of coming to PC than Bayonetta 2 does.

Sony owns the IP and they're not about to put it on PC.
FROM is happy with the sales and partnership -- enough so, that they are rumoured to be making another game in partnership with Sony.

In other words, keep dreaming.

I'm highly skeptical of it coming out on PC and if there's a good enough PS4 deal in the next few weeks I'll probably pick one up. It would be great if it did though! Death to exclusive everything!

Boston area is really not doing much for me, maybe because other places are much present in media for non-Americans but I still feel a Colorado setting would have been fitting as well. The secluded mountains with secret underground shelters. Woods with wildlife, snowy and cold up top. It's a really neat geographical area.

NotSelf

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overlord -- MB-E5693FFDD3340835 - Taken by Tesseract
How to Survive: Third Person Standalone -- MB-5C6873399D8D45AB - Taken by The Dear Leader

I'm highly skeptical of it coming out on PC and if there's a good enough PS4 deal in the next few weeks I'll probably pick one up. It would be great if it did though! Death to exclusive everything!

I'd love a 60fps version, I really would. But the game is so fantastic that I'm more than happy to have bought a PS4 just for it. Considering the souls games are probably my favorite in the last five years, I just needed to play this... and I've loved just about every moment. But at the end of the day, Sony owns the IP (and I believe funded FROM to develop it, publishing it much like Nintendo with Platinum and Bayonetta 2; the difference is that the Bayonetta IP is owned by SEGA and there could possibly be some contract language to allow the game to be optioned for other platforms eventually... I doubt any such concession was made for Bloodborne with FROM).

There's an expansion coming the week of Thanksgiving... I'm trying to get my platinum finished up before then so I can figure out if I want to start a new character where the primary focus is bloodtinge/arcane or if I just want to move into NG+ with my current build that's all strength with some dex to boot. Sony's apparently going to give an exclusive theme for PS4 to anyone who's unlocked the platinum trophy, so I want to get my hands on that too. :3

All this reminds me that I need to go find a deal on PSN credit... hell, I'd like to get a digital copy of the game to just leave installed on my PS4 with my second copy of DS2:SotFS. ;)

Boston area is really not doing much for me, maybe because other places are much present in media for non-Americans but I still feel a Colorado setting would have been fitting as well. The secluded mountains with secret underground shelters. Woods with wildlife, snowy and cold up top. It's a really neat geographical area.

Corpse. Sledding.

Dsyndrome

There's always some kind of NORAD area in Fallout games, so you have that going for you (NORAD's in Colorado Springs).

~Kinggi~

Banned
Anyone know whats going on with the Van helsing Final Cut? Dev set up a redeem site that if you own the 3 games you get it for free. I own the first two but if i buy the 3rd am i eligible? Anyone do this?

Anyone know whats going on with the Van helsing Final Cut? Dev set up a redeem site that if you own the 3 games you get it for free. I own the first two but if i buy the 3rd am i eligible? Anyone do this?

Should work as long as the promo is still up -- I don't know when/if it runs out.

That Helldivers thread's outcome is totally expected, right.
It's either going to be locked real quick or a pretty long thread.

So... I should stay out of there so I don't get another ban?

Lomax

Yeah, you'd be eligible. I think you need to do it soon though.

So... I should stay out of there so I don't get another ban?

Isn't that always good advice for GAF in general? I know I don't venture beyond here and the occasional World of Warcraft thread. It's scary out there!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah, you'd be eligible. I think you need to do it soon though.

Isn't that always good advice for GAF in general? I know I don't venture beyond here and the occasional World of Warcraft thread. It's scary out there!

Lots of people in the comments are having a bunch of issues. Im not gonna risk it.

That Helldivers thread's outcome is totally expected, right.
It's either going to be locked real quick or a pretty long thread.

Without naming names, one of the largest defenders in that thread annoyed that it was coming to PC was the very first response in the XCOM2 thread blatantly and admittedly begging for a PS4 port. Life is strange.

madjoki

We all know Bloodborne will be on PC
with PS4 emulator, but it's going to be long wait, far longer last-gen emulators (which still doesn't exists).

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

How to Survive -- MB-37214C9DE70B1B25 - Taken by Volimar

JustinBB7

Firefox updated, Steam broadcasts now work in it finally!

Think this means Twitch can now switch to full HTML5 player when they are ready right. (It still uses some flash for now, and only the controls are HTML5)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Van Helsing giveaway worked for me BTW just bought the 3rd game and redeemed for a free key on their site. Was worth the monies for the extra game.

Red Hood

Banned
Syndicate is going to look so good

TXAA is amazing, look at the perfect IQ completely devoid of aliasing. That is how I think most games should look, not overly sharpened and full of flickering garbage.

Apparently an R9 280X is recommended, so either it's well optimised compared to Unity or it's going to look underwhelming.

But judging from the shots you posted, maybe there's hope for the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom