• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is surprised about the dumbed down dialogue in FO4? How did you not see that coming when they introduced voiced protag (i called that shit day one), sure it can be done right, but who has? imo literally the only dev that has gotten it right is the witcher and thats not a game where you play as yourself, you play as an existing character. People wanted voiced protag and now you got it, thank you for ruining a good thing focus groups >_> Best we can do is hope that they won't do it again but mainstream loves that voiced protag so doubt thatll happen.

besides that, game is almost done pre loading :) mann i wish hackers found a way to be able to remove the day games unlock so i could just play it now :(

valouris

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (valouris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Besiege -- MB-FE5604717B25F0A4 - Taken by KenOD. 30 entrants total.

t1446859351z1.png

My double from the monthly humble bundle thing. Enjoy!

Sober

Oh boy, from Fallout 4 Thread.
"Oh my god guys I just woke up and realized I was playing a Bethesda game!"

Can't wait for savegame bloat or other hilarious issues that generally crop up in these engine games. And the amazing videos with unintended glitches.

In six months PC gamers will probably still be playing it, and by playing it I mean installing anime girl mods or something that gives everyone a gigantic hard-on. Oh and some custom guns models ripped from people I knew who made them for CS:S a long time ago but still hold strong. (appearing in GTA5 is just the most recent that I've found).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah let's not kid ourselves here. Every true Bethesda fan probably knows what they're getting when buying a game day one. There are going to be bugs, probably loads of them.

Personally I bought the game on PS4
(just shipped along with my socks! HYPE!)
as well as the PC, even though I know my PC can't handle the game. The thing is, the console releases tend to stay pretty buggy forever, where the PC versions usually get more official patch support as well as community patch support. So I'll play the game now on console, and sometime in the future when I'm ready for the "full experience" I'll play it on PC, after I buy a new one eventually.

I mean, look at the state that Fallout 3 was left in on the PS3. And that's after a handful of patches.

Deitus

So I know that most of you know this already, but tomorrow morning I'm going to be live-streaming great Steam games for 24 hours straight on Twitch - and it's all for charity.

t1446915600z4.png

Even if you're not donating, hopefully you all get a chance to stop by and say "hi" at some point. I've got some pretty awesome games lined up (Ethan Carter, D4, Shower With Your Dad Simulator, etc) as well as a great lineup of games being raffled to those who donate, courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com (Rocket League, Tales of Zestiria, Pillars of Eternity, etc).

I'm really looking forward to it! I was going to add a thread on gaming side about it, but there's already one there for Extra Life with someone else and was worried about sounding spammy :(

Too bad I'm working tomorrow, so I won't be able to catch much of your stream. Still, I hope it goes well, and you raise lots of money.

dex3108

Yeah let's not kid ourselves here. Every true Bethesda fan probably knows what they're getting when buying a game day one. There are going to be bugs, probably loads of them.

Personally I bought the game on PS4
(just shipped along with my socks! HYPE!)
as well as the PC, even though I know my PC can't handle the game. The thing is, the console releases tend to stay pretty buggy forever, where the PC versions usually get more official patch support as well as community patch support. So I'll play the game now on console, and sometime in the future when I'm ready for the "full experience" I'll play it on PC, after I buy a new one eventually.

I mean, look at the state that Fallout 3 was left in on the PS3. And that's after a handful of patches.

At least be honest. You bought socks and game was a bonus XD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
At least be honest. You bought socks and game was a bonus XD

True although my wife has already laid claim to the socks unfortunately. So I get stuck with some Fallout game...

Too bad I'm working tomorrow, so I won't be able to catch much of your stream. Still, I hope it goes well, and you raise lots of money.

Thanks! I'll be going for 24 hours straight, hope you don't have to work that long!

Reaches for monitor longingly...

The rapture itself will probably happen before, but I will keep dreaming ;-;

Just get a PS4 if you really want to play it for the 10 minutes it takes to walk through Dear Ester 2. ;)

I'm going to try to pop by his stream... shame the Alienware stream is doing something too as that may take some of SteamGAF's focus since they're giving out AMD Fury X cards and stuff. :\

Side note -- do you use that avatar on another site with a different username (Beatles)?

Dr Dogg

HOLLY SHIT!!! That end to the first mission of BLOPs III was a bit brutal. Not too sure I welcome our new robot overlords.

Deitus

Thanks! I'll be going for 24 hours straight, hope you don't have to work that long!

Not that long, no. But I have plans that evening, and I have to work the following day, so I won't be able to stay up too late either. I'll try to catch a bit of it tomorrow night though.

I'm going to try to pop by his stream... shame the Alienware stream is doing something too as that may take some of SteamGAF's focus since they're giving out AMD Fury X cards and stuff. :\

Side note -- do you use that avatar on another site with a different username (Beatles)?

Other than Steam, I don't think I've used this avatar on another site (nor do I really post much on other sites lately). I definitely have never gone by Beatles, so it must be another person.

Edit: There's also another person on GAF who was using this same avatar for a little bit, but I haven't seen it in at least a year, so they might have changed avatars, or gotten banned/stopped posting.

JustinBB7

GMG sending out Fallout 4 keys yet?

I haven't bought it yet, thinking about it, but it looks worse and worse so I'm doubting, but pre-loading it if I do get it hmm..

jshackles

I haven't bought it yet, thinking about it, but it looks worse and worse so I'm doubting, but pre-loading it if I do get it hmm..

A lot of us got ours from them this morning

One day someone will do coop Blops 3 realistic mode with me, one day ;-;

It's bullshit but I have a compulsion to beat every Call of Duty on the highest difficulty so I have to ;-;

45 on gmg is the lowest for Fallout 3 right?

It's bullshit but I have a compulsion to beat every Call of Duty on the highest difficulty so I have to ;-;

But if you beat every other one solo, isn't doing it during co-op a bit of a cop out -- y'know, since you have help?

I could be persuaded though, if there are stupid co-op achievements.

First person to quote this can have my humble copy of Saints Row IV

But if you beat every other one solo, isn't doing it during co-op a bit of a cop out -- y'know, since you have help?

I could be persuaded though, if there are stupid co-op achievements.
Have you tried realistic mode yet? There's no art to completing it, just blunt force trauma. There are no coop achievements except for the feeling of knowing you helped someone <3

M.D

You mean Fallout 4? It's about 48$ with the coupon on GMG and 44$ on Funstock Digital with this OCT-COUPMAIL-PRE25

BTW, Anyone knows when will this Funstock coupon expires?

Volimar

I didn't get the email yet, but I went to the site and the key was in my games library.

Sch1sm

You mean Fallout 4? It's about 48$ with the coupon on GMG and 44$ on Funstock Digital with this OCT-COUPMAIL-PRE25

The fact that it has OCT at the beginning and still works bothers me. November 7th.

M.D

The fact that it has OCT at the beginning and still works bothers me. November 7th.

I was wondering about that too, and I can't find the source for this coupon, but it works.
Think I might order now, I was waiting for a crazy last minute deal but I'm scared I'll lose on this coupon.. although GMG is only a couple of $$ more, so not that big of a deal

going by IsThereAnyDeal the voucher works for 1 more day...so some time tonight/tomorrow it'll expire it seems

First person to quote this can have my humble copy of Saints Row IV

Have you tried realistic mode yet? There's no art to completing it, just blunt force trauma. There are no coop achievements except for the feeling of knowing you helped someone <3

Appealing toward my good nature and wanting to help people... you, sir, don't fight fair.

I might not be able to help for a few days, but if you add me and need help next week, I shall try. Good to hear there are no stupid co-op achievements though. :)

M.D

going by IsThereAnyDeal the voucher works for 1 more day...so some time tonight/tomorrow it'll expire it seems

I was just in the basket and got a pop-up reminding me to use a coupon

The coupon was COUP-SHOP-PRE20 and it also had a link to this page, but it doesn't appear there

http://www.funstockdigital.co.uk/current-voucher-codes

This OCT-COUPMAIL-PRE25 one doesn't appear there either, and it's for 25%, so it's best to use it for now

I'm going to order, see you in the wasteland!

Dr Dogg

Well haven't looked at 'Realistic' difficulty yet but I see our good old friend grenade spam is back again in a Treyarch campaign. It's bullshit in Hardened and combine that with bigger areas full of dudes to accommodate for coop I don't think you'd be able to do Realistic solo.

Cheesecake is slacking, so here's your latest KF2 update:

WWAUT - Tales O' the 'Slinger
So you want to know how a gunslinger slings guns eh? Well settle round the campfire as I spin you a tale of 6 shooters and lead.

Your first choice out on the range will be to decide if you are more of the &#8220;Shoot &#8216;n&#8217; Scoot&#8221; type or prefer the &#8220;Quick Draw&#8221;. Those of y&#8217;all who prefer the former will be movin&#8217; and shooting while aimed down the sites a mite bit quicker than the others out in the prairie. The latter, why some still question to this day if some firefights were six men, or one man with six guns.

Now a &#8216;slinger who's a bit more seasoned will either settle into a &#8220;Rhythm Method&#8221;, whereas each consecutive headshot will increase in damage, or learn them some &#8220;Bone Breaking&#8221; wherein their overall damage will be increased a touch with their weapons o&#8217; choice.

Those who survive long &#8216;nuf to reach them middl&#8217;n years will start to pick up advanced techniques such as &#8220;speed-load&#8217;n&#8221; or &#8220;penetration&#8221; which speak for themselves.

Any vet&#8217;ren of the wilds will tell you noth&#8217;n is more scary than a beast a chargin. Tis why many &#8216;slingers specialize in stumbling with a shot to &#8220;Center Mass&#8221; or knockdowns with a shot to the legs of the beast.

The tales they tell o&#8217; the true legends give many pause. Word has it that some can &#8220;Fanfire&#8221; fast&#8217;r than the speed o sound. While others still seem to fire without end, never stop&#8217;n to reload. But these are just tales of wild imagination I sup&#8217;ose.

As thanks for put&#8217;in up with my stories I would like to kindly remind you to stock up on those nail bombs before trekken back out, &#8216;N do not forget &#8216;bout &#8216;slinger passive skills which n&#8217;crease damage, mov&#8217;ment speed, recoil cont&#8217;rl and bullet r&#8217;sistance that tends to happen as one matures.

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/110615/nailbomb.webm

As a reminder we are just under a month away for Phase 1 submissions into the Grindhouse Mapping Contest. Part of this contest is having you, the fans vote on your favorites as well so head on over and get started: http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/addons . For all those who plan on entering, details can be found here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=113208

gunslingerskills.png

Translation:

Lvl 5
Shoot &#8216;n&#8217; Scoot &#8211; Move faster while shooting and aiming down sights.
Quick Draw &#8211; Faster weapon switching

Lvl 10
Rhythm Method &#8211; Each headshot will increase your damage
Bone Breaking &#8211; Flat damage increase

Lvl 15
Speed-load&#8217;n &#8211; Faster reload
Penetration &#8211; Additional penetration

Lvl 20
Center Mass &#8211; Increased stumble power with body shots
Knockdown &#8211; Increased knockdown power when a sprinting zed is shot in the leg

Lvl 25 zed time
Fan Fire &#8211; Shoot faster in zed time
Uber Ammo &#8211; Unlimited shooting without reloading in zed time

Well haven't looked at 'Realistic' difficulty yet but I see our good old friend grenade spam is back again in a Treyarch campaign. It's bullshit in Hardened and combine that with bigger areas full of dudes to accommodate for coop I don't think you'd be able to do Realistic solo.

This sounds like a challenge to me.
I'm tempted to tell you "you're on.".

I'm up to mission 3 and parts of mission 2 were flat out broken on realistic solo because they force you to use a shotgun while enemies fire on your with machine guns. Died 129 times, lol.

#thestruggle

MUnited83

For you.
PS4-related, I started up Infamous Second Son and played it for an hour or two.
Yep, it plays like Infamous. Not a fan of using the touchpad as a button though, especially in the heat of combat. I have the game locked to 30fps, but I swear I'm getting lag/fps drops. Or maybe it's just the scenery loading.

One hour or two? Damn man, you're close to the ending!

I kid i kid, but the game was super short

Hinomura

Why Bound by Flame is so under rated?

It's a Spiders developed game, so you know what you're going for... Great monsters design, good soundtrack and setting, decent combat, cheesy lines. Janky? For sure, but not too overwhelming. Entertaining? Possibly!

It's a lite Souls like game, but at least with its own identity, with enough loot, and skills to develop while leveling up.

I don't remember when, where and why I bought it, but today I found it installed while I was uninstalling games to free space and gave it a try; I enjoyed it enough to play it again in the future.

A couple pictures for reference (from Steam page):

PS: I think there's no autosave, save your game from the Pause Menu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom