• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

It's cool she was a something-hundred year old vampire at one point.

mmhmm

XXOkjRc.jpg

Eila

How can you tell if a wall is bomb-able in Isaac Rebirth? They're all cracked and I keep wasting bombs.

You can tell? I must be the dumbest person, because I never realized that.
There's pills that reveal the hidden walls, and many floors have pill secret rooms allowing you to use them in the next floor and keep the cycle going. There's also pills and items that reveal the map, including secret rooms.

RS4-

How can you tell if a wall is bomb-able in Isaac Rebirth? They're all cracked and I keep wasting bombs.

iirc you can't. I think the odds are just "there" if two or three rooms have a space between them. YMMV and all.

at least that's what I remember from the original.

Nzyme32

You can tell? I must be the dumbest person, because I never realized that.
There's pills that reveal the hidden walls, and many floors have pill secret rooms allowing you to use them in the next floor and keep the cycle going. There's also pills and items that reveal the map, including secret rooms.

Almost certain there is no way to tell unless you have an item that does it. The only thing I know is that 9 times out of 10, either in the last room before a boss or the one before it, one wall will be breakable to get a white heart

Marow

Is there any website where you can somehow see how a Steam wallpaper looks like on a profile page? All sites I find just have the wallpapers themselves. I'd like to know if they look good on an actual profile.

▲▲
Or disregard me and listen to JaseC and go here http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?backgroundviewer
( ._.)

Is there any website where you can somehow see how a Steam wallpaper looks like on a profile page? All sites I find just have the wallpapers themselves. I'd like to know if they look good on an actual profile.
If you have Enhanced Steam you can try/use hundreds of wallpapers. Only other Enhanced Steam users will see them though. But it is a good way of testing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Opiate? Never even seen him before.
There are a bunch of mods on gaf I have never actually seen a post from, so I'm assuming that they mostly stick to off-topic or something.

Not that I care, seems weird to talk about a mod demotion.
he was our mod at league thread

dunno what went on at that thread nor wanna find out but since i've known him for a while i feel he was probably just being momentarily insensitive rather than whatever "ist" applies there. still not cool but u know, character witness :p

Pretty minor if you ask me, but fair enough. I put tags around it.
yeah, i don't think it's a big deal, but u know, courtesy and stuffs

If you're talking about DmC, it did take a lot of combos to kill an enemy in DmC but mechanically it's sorta like the other dmc games in a basic level, there were a lot of stupid dumb color coded enemies that made you repeat with limited combos over and over inorder to kill them tho
yeah and i just don't like the controls much

they're really hard for me to get used to

tbh i feel like the most fun i'm having is doing the platforming stuff lol

Marow

Never mind, I actually found out I can just alter the background code via DOM Explorer. >____<''' Awesome, now I might buy a wallpaper.

Anteater

yeah and i just don't like the controls much

they're really hard for me to get used to

tbh i feel like the most fun i'm having is doing the platforming stuff lol

the controls are convoluted, so it takes time to get used to, but the combat is actually easier than the previous dmc games when you do, like, i don't know why there are... 3 dodges and with the dodge button mapped to 2 buttons while holding a trigger lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems Battleborn's closed beta test offers a taste of the story mode. Maybe I'll give it a whirl. I think you can still get a key just by registering.

saoirse should be a guest star on izombie

Well, apparently Saoirse is moving to New York early next year ahead of her Broadway debut, so maybe those stars will align. I'm sure Rose has brought up the idea as a bunch of people suggested it after she tweeted a couple of photos showing herself, a few other cast members and Saoirse watching the season finale or some such (someone posted it in the s01 thread).

Hektor

Hektor you moved to the moon last week remember?

Did i? I swear i didnt saw any cheese yet.

Check your options on Steam and try to change the download server.

Lottsa germans have the issue now. I took me hours yesterday to get NepNep down and I know others have the issue too.

edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132277

I get 500 KB/s over france now, better than nothing i suppose.

Monooboe

Aaaaah, done with Witcher 3, going to take a break before I begin with the DLC. Now smaller simpler things till Fallout 4. Still need to finish Life is Strange.

Chariot

Aaaaah, done with Witcher 3, going to take a break before I begin with the DLC. Now smaller simpler things till Fallout 4. Still need to finish Life is Strange.
LiS should be appropriately short. I clocked in at 14 hours and that's with me hunting all the pictures.

zkylon

zkylewd
Did Valve moved their servers to the third-world or why are my downloads suddenly 45 KB/s "fast"
i live in the third world download at 2mb/s w/e no probs

the controls are convoluted, so it takes time to get used to, but the combat is actually easier than the previous dmc games when you do, like, i don't know why there are... 3 dodges and with the dodge button mapped to 2 buttons while holding a trigger lol
they're too much for me, i'm already not much of an action player, but playing this is giving me a headache lol

Well, apparently Saoirse is moving to New York early next year ahead of her Broadway debut, so maybe those stars will align. I'm sure Rose has brought up the idea as a bunch of people suggested it after she tweeted a couple of photos showing herself, a few other cast members and Saoirse watching the season finale or some such (someone posted it in the s01 thread).

sorry i didn't mean to imply i cared enough about saoirse to speculate >:3

fantomena

This is creepy.

Chariot

#ScreenshotSaturday

Since our twitter followers asked so nicely, we're tricking a little bit with your treat. Say hello to Suijoki Academy's esteemed Student Council!

You voted for them, but... who are they? Unfortunately, their identities remain masked thanks to the poll results, so you'll have to just theorize until the game's release. Happy Halloween!
Definitely seeing Milamber in there. *squeeze eyes*
The other ones though...

#ScreenshotSaturday

Since our twitter followers asked so nicely, we're tricking a little bit with your treat. Say hello to Suijoki Academy's esteemed Student Council!

You voted for them, but... who are they? Unfortunately, their identities remain masked thanks to the poll results, so you'll have to just theorize until the game's release. Happy Halloween!

The one upside down may be Monk? On the left there is someone who looks like is wearing the same hat used on Dolan.

Looking at my profile in Steam:

yrur0tI.png

66.6 hours in Devil's Bluff

I got marked by the Devil!

Looking at the size of this screencap:

666 x 166

Holy shit, it's the Devil's work again!

Enhanced Steam will load any wallpaper on your profile whether or not you own it. Easy to preview.

Dr Dogg

Well, with all the Batman hubbub, I think I'll play it next.

I suposse with Scarecrow being the big bad and the performance having the potential to be frightening then it's quite fitting for a Halloween game. Seeing I'm not as pissed (as in drunk) as I thought I'd be watching my useless excuse for a football team get battered 4-1 at home and trick or treaters seem to be mythical creatures round here I decided to fire up Undead Nightmare for the 4th year on the trot.

The secret rooms are more likely to be in spaces that have multiple entry points, and all of those entry point have to be unobstructed.

Code:
ABC
XDX

A-D are rooms, X are empty. If you can't bomb south from room A because it has indestructible stones or a pit at the south wall, then it's impossible for the secret room to be west of room D.

You can't see it on walls, but by looking at the map and remembering those rules you can drastically increase the chances of finding them without wasting too many bombs

#protips

Does Sawhorse play video games? I have a feeling she'd be into stuff like the Witcher series.

edit: lol autocorrection, I'll leave it though, it's way funnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom