• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

What's going on with Darksiders 2? I saw that there was a post from someone at Nordic saying to email them, and then I saw that same someone saying not to email them, and there's like a hundred pages of salt and sockpuppets. Where do things stand currently?

Knurek

What's going on with Darksiders 2? I saw that there was a post from someone at Nordic saying to email them, and then I saw that same someone saying not to email them, and there's like a hundred pages of salt and sockpuppets. Where do things stand currently?

$6 if you've been a loyal fan.
$0 if you're a cheapskate.

Because of reasons.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Less than 12 hours. By this time tomorrow, I'll be a little over half way through.

t1446915600z4.png

Hope some of you can stop by

Woah woah woah.

Your actual name is J. Shackles? Crazy!

impact

Banned

Some people that own DS2 + season pass get the update free but other people that own DS2 + season pass have to pay $6

Yea I know it makes a lot of sense.

Anyone has a clue how to use the 360 controller homebutton in Windows 10?

Before it always opened BPM with that and in BPM I could open the overlay. In W10 it doesnt work and Windows asks me whether I want to open some gamingthing.

I suspect they are coming up with a system to give those with the season pass the game, like me!

If they had just given the discount to all owners there would not have been the kerfuffle, but giving people who bought it all one way it for free and not to others who bought it all another way was crazy dumb. Their community team should have known better.

aw350

Banned
Some very short impressions from Blizzcon (opening ceremony / various reads):

* WoW - Legion is way too far away. The intro movie for the Legion was great. Not sure I will like the Warcraft movie (it is in its own AU, that's for sure).

* SC2 - new addon. I've preordered it for my son, this looks good on two counts - there are new missions and there are two new game modes which look intriguing. Looking forward to "mission packs" that they said they will have.

* D3 - well, there will be a new major patch. Not a lot here. It's a pity, really, their major patches are all good, but they just don't add much and they happen rarely.

* HS - the new addon is interesting, but the game is quite obviously stopping having any chance as an esport. Too much rng (and they add more), and too little balance (and they more or less don't fix). The tournament grid shows that plenty, former champions of everything have all been knocked out, thanks to rng. The signature mechanic of the new addon is one of the purest forms of rng as well (the game creates three random cards of fixed cost, you choose one of them).

* HotS - I don't think much of their esport aspirations (especially because I am a big fan of LoL), but I will say that the new map looks fun. They also have an interesting concept where one of the heroes has to be played by two players - and I like a lot how instead of putting that hero into the shop, they give it for free to Blizzcon attendees and give it for free to anyone who will end up playing that hero (paired with someone who has it) two times or so. That looks like fun. :)

* Overwatch - at first I thought $60 was super-greedy, but then they said that this buys you all current heroes at once (21, IIRC), and that changes it. $60 is perhaps too much for a game without any single player content, but it's not outrageous. I thought releasing the game on two consoles in addition to PC is good.

That's about it.

Anyone has a clue how to use the 360 controller homebutton in Windows 10?

Before it always opened BPM with that and in BPM I could open the overlay. In W10 it doesnt work and Windows asks me whether I want to open some gamingthing.

that bugged me too when i initially switched to w10.

i just uninstalled the xbox app

Some very short impressions from Blizzcon (opening ceremony / various reads):

* WoW - Legion is way too far away. The intro movie for the Legion was great. Not sure I will like the Warcraft movie (it is in its own AU, that's for sure).

* SC2 - new addon. I've preordered it for my son, this looks good on two counts - there are new missions and there are two new game modes which look intriguing. Looking forward to "mission packs" that they said they will have.

* D3 - well, there will be a new major patch. Not a lot here. It's a pity, really, their major patches are all good, but they just don't add much and they happen rarely.

* HS - the new addon is interesting, but the game is quite obviously stopping having any chance as an esport. Too much rng (and they add more), and too little balance (and they more or less don't fix). The tournament grid shows that plenty, former champions of everything have all been knocked out, thanks to rng. The signature mechanic of the new addon is one of the purest forms of rng as well (the game creates three random cards of fixed cost, you choose one of them).

* HotS - I don't think much of their esport aspirations (especially because I am a big fan of LoL), but I will say that the new map looks fun. They also have an interesting concept where one of the heroes has to be played by two players - and I like a lot how instead of putting that hero into the shop, they give it for free to Blizzcon attendees and give it for free to anyone who will end up playing that hero (paired with someone who has it) two times or so. That looks like fun. :)

* Overwatch - at first I thought $60 was super-greedy, but then they said that this buys you all current heroes at once (21, IIRC), and that changes it. $60 is perhaps too much for a game without any single player content, but it's not outrageous. I thought releasing the game on two consoles in addition to PC is good.

That's about it.

374 words but nothing Steam-related. I'm calling the mods.

That's about it.
Actually on PC you can get all heroes for 40, the extra 20 bucks are for skins.

I'm really looking forward to Legacy of the Void campaign, new content for HotS is always welcomed(I stopped playing HS cuz it has become too RNG oriented).

Monooboe

Something weird going on with my card droprate, 6 hours in Black Ops 3 and only one card.o_O Darksiders 2 took 10 hours for the cards.

aw350

Banned
Something weird going on with my card droprate, 6 hours in Black Ops 3 and only one card.o_O Darksiders 2 took 10 hours for the cards.

That looks unusual to me, too. Could you be losing connection to steam? Perhaps it's too early to panic, but if this holds...

---
And a question to those who bought things on DIG via PayPal - I bought one of the bundles, no email after an hour, is there a waiting period until PayPal clears the purchase? I remember reading something about having to wait for several days with PayPal (probably depends on the country)...

Sober

Wow that's a shame. Feel like they should've announced an expansion already.

Ludens

Banned
Umh, is there a way to decrease FOB time? Because today I started a level 44 FOB, but I had 8 minutes left as soon as I started the mission :\

Miff

I lost seven and a half hours to Mushihimesama yesterday. Would recommend to anyone curious. Wouldn't worry about the bullet hell screenshots, some of those have probably been taken in ultra (aka joke) mode.

Wow that's a shame. Feel like they should've announced an expansion already.

To what end though? I enjoy Diablo 3, but you can sort of just squint your eyes and boom, it is pretty much a new expansion.

You'll be pressing the same buttons anyway and not really paying attention.

Tizoc

I lost seven and a half hours to Mushihimesama yesterday. Would recommend to anyone curious. Wouldn't worry about the bullet hell screenshots, some of those have probably been taken in ultra (aka joke) mode.

Mind linking to a video of normal difficulty playthrough please?

Tizoc

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-as-King-Conan.jpg

Crom bids you all back in this thread in 6 hours' time.

Normal is hard enough (doable, but hard), but luckily there's Novice mode, which should be 1cc-able by just about anyone.

Aha, well either way I'd like to see some good playthroughs of that. I do plan on getting Mushihimesama for myself down the line ^^;

Miff

Mind linking to a video of normal difficulty playthrough please?

Browsing on phone atm so tricky to do this now, but I think this is a good idea. I think the majority of vids seem to be people showing off the high difficulty modes for novelty value and it's a bit of a turn off.

I might go one step further and record a vid later doing some comparisons of the novice and normal difficulties; will hopefully help people decide if it's for them.

Tizoc

Taking into consideration Blizzard's popularity it MIGHT still do well, but I agree an F2P ver. would also be beneficial for them.

Jawmuncher

Werd

Over 10 hours into Trails FC and enjoying it more as I go now that the combat has opened up a bit to go with the charming writing/characters, but these time sensitive side quests are beginning to get to me. I don't want to skip them, but it'd be nice if they were mostly just tied to major story shifts to other regions or such and not seemingly having one about to disappear between every plot mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom