• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

yeahnoblops3_by_monooboe-d9ftl6q.jpg

Those are the recommended settings.o_O That would make it look like COD 1.

ive played around 15 hours of Tales of Zestiria and i have to say that at least for now the map for everything is so big that makes every area look kind of empty imo, aside from that the game is great

you can't uninstall it by right clicking and uninstall, you need to use PowerShell to delete it

But then you'll likely not be able to play the X1 games that are getting ported over like KI and Gears Ultimate.

It's decent considering other launches on Steam. Blows my mind that something like Binding of Isaac can blow Call of Duty out of the water, where the later has a marketing budget in the tens of millions of dollars.

You seem to neglect the target audience of said advertising. Add in BoI's numbers on consoles, then add in BO3's numbers on consoles, as consoles are the main focus/platforms that Activision is doing that advertising for, especially since Sony is footing part of the bill. They're meant to sell copies of BO3, first and foremost, on PS4. Xbox is secondary and PC is basically an afterthought, especially since they're trying to do things that appeal to PC gamers (eventually) with the mod tools and custom servers and such that will release in a few months.

Found a site that summarizes all the privacy settings in Windows 10.

https://fix10.isleaked.com/

15.png

Activision was pushing hard to reverse the tide, I'm not so sure how well it turned out. It may have also been blowing smoke as the Steam reviews are getting destroyed with technical problems. If they were pushing hard for the PC version, then they would have fully invested in releasing a technically sound version at launch.

Helpful link, but the end-all-be-all post on reddit (even if it was at /r/pcmasterrace) has the same stuff and a link to a tool that will do everything for you as well if you prefer:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...ade_my_own_userfriendly_w10_privacy_tool_for/

As far as the Steam reviews, remember there's a lot of hardware combinations out there. As someone who works in software testing, a company cannot possibly test their product on EVERY possible combination of hardware a customer might use. They generally have to ask "what's the most common configurations that will run this game and how many of them do we have the time and resources to put into our test plan?" When weeks or months have passed and the developer is silent and not releasing fixes for the issues customers are reporting, then perhaps they were "blowing smoke".

Thanks, its always good to have a one-stop shop for wiping the slime off that great OS.

That link I posted above is the lazy man's one stop shop. I"ve used it and it works well... just don't try to do everything at once, as you may confuse it. Handle one section (say disable/delete serverices per your choice), then move on to the next (such as the privacy settings).

You can even use it to remove the apps you don't use, including the xbox app if you have no interest in KI or Gears Ultimate.

Here's the original post that clued me into that tool mentioned above if you'd rather compare:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3f10k0/things_to_removedisable_in_windows_10/

Pachimari

There's so many great shooters to play this year and right now. I'm loving Black Ops 3 online after the patch were released last night. It runs smooth online and doesn't feel weird. Halo 5: Guardians is super interesting with its whole REQ system which can easily make me addicted, and then Destiny: The Taken King for the co-op adventure. And Star Wars: Battlefront and Rainbow Six: Siege aren't even out yet.

Is Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for Steam on sale anywhere? And are you guys just buying the uPlay edition?

Hektor

There's so many great shooters to play this year and right now. I'm loving Black Ops 3 online after the patch were released last night. It runs smooth online and doesn't feel weird. Halo 5: Guardians is super interesting with its whole REQ system which can easily make me addicted, and then Destiny: The Taken King for the co-op adventure. And Star Wars: Battlefront and Rainbow Six: Siege aren't even out yet.

Meanwhile in Singleplayer country:
iZJDzD.gif

AHA-Lambda

The water is all the multiplayer games and David Tennant is the single-player only gamer.

It's amazing for how good this year has been for games overall, that the fall is so bad, with the exception of Fallout 4.

That is if you're a single player only gamer.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Less than 30 minutes until my live stream starts!

t1446915600z4.png

I'm getting everything ready now and I should have a splash screen up in a few minutes. At 9 I'll be doing a few minutes of intro dialog before I jump into the gaming. Hope to see you there!

http://www.twitch.tv/jshackles

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF does Bethesda (or any other publisher) has any legal rights to shut down Fallout 4 streams/videos if users got their games early legally?

Hey SteamGAF does Bethesda (or any other publisher) has any legal rights to shut down Fallout 4 streams/videos if users got their games early legally?
yeah, publishers have been doing that for ages with DMCA

Twitch warns streamers about that for pretty much every major release

dex3108

yeah, publishers have been doing that for ages with DMCA

Twitch warns streamers about that for pretty much every major release

I know but is there any law that is broken if game was streamed before release and it is obtained legally? Or it is more like Publishers threaten Twitch if they don't prevent it so they need to shut them down or something will happen.

MUnited83

For you.

Actual legal rights? Not really. But places like Twitch and Youtube concede to publisher demands to prevent any issues with them.

I know but is there any law that is broken if game was streamed before release and it is obtained legally? Or it is more like Publishers threaten Twitch if they don't prevent it so they need to shut them down or something will happen.
That law is called DMCA afaik

Monooboe

Of all the newer games I've tried at 3440x1440 Arkham Knight is actually the one that preforms the best at max settings. Worst Being AC Unity, 5 FPS.XD I guess maxed out is relative from game to game.

MUnited83

For you.
How giveaways work on Alienware Twitch? There's one right now, what I need to do in order to join?

there's none right now. Toi join when there's actually one, just type "!ticket 1"

DMCA is the law that allows for Takedown notices to be done, yes, but it doesn't actually mean that not bowing down to one is illegal. A DMCA takedown for a stream wouldn't actually take hold in any court. But most services choose to comply to avoid any issues at all.

dex3108

If you break law (DMCA) with public broadcasting then you shouldn't;t be allowed to broadcast even after release. It is more like law that prevents things like this is really old and it is abused because it is not adapted for current state. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom