• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got I hate all this school work.
Found a site that summarizes all the privacy settings in Windows 10.

https://fix10.isleaked.com/

15.png

Oh cool. I guess when I do install Windows 10 Ill use that.

Tizoc

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-as-King-Conan.jpg

Inform Crom's petty servant if you encounter issues when redeeming your key
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Bionic Commando: ReArmed -- MB-5A13C496894CF84B - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-B45D449AEADCBB11 - Taken by someguyinahat. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember me -- MB-9A5E288CBBB2AD82 - Taken by Mikurden. 9 entrants total.
Strider -- MB-CE691DCED3B3D229 - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.
DmC 2013 -- MB-894CA56C98E8273D - Taken by rtcn63. 10 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: ReArmed #2 -- MB-E34A1E5AC8EAE44D - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 1 entrants total.
Mushihimesama Matsuri Pack -- MB-95661151CA0D9862 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 33 entrants total.
Lost Planet 3 #2 -- MB-A8E7DAABD5D6459E - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Strider #2 -- MB-86BF80745F373297 - Taken by aw350. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-151E0BD08FCDD360 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.

t1446927154z1.png

Kifimbo

Pretty sure they weren't used.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-F0D0D94D4B3CEAF4 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-8193697DAD17DA2F - Taken by ExoSoul

MUnited83

For you.
There's one in whcih they are playing Rocket League I think
http://www.twitch.tv/alienware

Do I need to type !ricket 1 with exclamation mark too?
There wasn't any giveaways open when you opened. They specifically say when there's one opened(like right now) and yes, !ticket 1 with exclamation mark.

If you break law (DMCA) with public broadcasting then you shouldn't;t be allowed to broadcast even after release. It is more like law that prevents things like this is really old and it is abused because it is not adapted for current state. :D
DMCA is just a terrible law altogether, yeah, it almost only exists to be continually abused, with even a third of takedowns not even being legit by the law standards.

And even with how terrible it is, I don't think a DMCA takedown would ever hold on court for a stream.

tmarg

DMCA is the law that allows for Takedown notices to be done, yes, but it doesn't actually mean that not bowing down to one is illegal. A DMCA takedown for a stream wouldn't actually take hold in any court. But most services choose to comply to avoid any issues at all.

Take downs on streams of full games, lets-plays, etc likely would hold up in court. Obtaining a license to use a copyrighted material for personal enjoyment does not automatically confer the right to broadcast it publicly. LPers generally argue that their work is transformative enough to be considered fair use, but that hasn't been tested in court and would likely fail. Publishers choose to allow streams because they have become an important part of how people enjoy games, and shutting them down would hurt sales.

DMCA takedowns on critical content have certainly become an issue, and those would not hold up in court, as criticism is firmly established as fair use, but that is a separate issue.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Do i get the achievements for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter if I play the Redux version?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it still safe to buy games from Nuuvem?

Yes. Just wait until the last minute before pre-ordering something as a region-locked sub may appear prior to release and publishers can now forcibly change pre-release licences (e.g. South American pre-purchasers of BLOPS 3 on Steam itself were forcibly changed from the region-free ROW sub to a heavily region-locked, SA-specific sub after the pre-load period began).

data

Yes. Just wait until the last minute before pre-ordering something as a region-locked sub may appear prior to release and publishers can now forcibly change pre-release licences.

I've seen you guys talk about steam region locking our libraries or something? Did anything come of that?

Backlogger

Just finished Mad Max with a few days to spare before Fallout 4. I could spend those days getting 100% but I don't think I am going to. The minefields were annoying to clear and I don't feel like going after all the mini camps collecting scrap.

Also, maybe its a bug but it said I only cleared 97% of the major camps, but from what I can I cleared them all. Is there a hidden one somewhere?

Edit - My final form:

Great game, great story, will definitely make my GOTY list.

dex3108

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/85927037065141585

Hey heisters,

The Crimefest safe and drill will only be obtainable through the game for a little bit longer. Any items you have gotten from the Crimefest safes will be kept, and any safes or drills you have in your inventory will also be kept.

Please note: the safes and drills as a system are here to stay. It's just the Crimefest safe and drill that will no longer be attainable in-game; another safe and drill series will take its place.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Almir
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.

Yea they are not backing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom