• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOST PLANET 3 IS A GOOD VIDEO GAME
AND THE BEST LOST PLANET GAME IN THE SERIES.

I'm actually really liking this game, it's quite fun, the characters are just dumb enough to come off natural and kind of endearing. It's got good graphics and it has sweet future folk and country songs that you can listen to in your Rig™.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Alpha Protocol is a pretty alright game, but it just makes me want to play Splinter Cell instead, I really wish the gameplay was better.

that game is so ugly, it's like a ps2 game

i'll get to it eventually, i really want to give it a try

I got the same feeling. I bought it a few sales ago because it seemed interesting and, just like you, I really want to play it. The conversation mechanics felt good but the movementt was just so awkward.

Khronico

LOST PLANET 3 IS A GOOD VIDEO GAME
AND THE BEST LOST PLANET GAME IN THE SERIES.

I'm actually really liking this game, it's quite fun, the characters are just dumb enough to come off natural and kind of endearing. It's got good graphics and it has sweet future folk and country songs that you can listen to in your Rig™.

It's shocking how a game in the Lost Planet series ended up having such a decent story. I was genuinely engrossed.

The gameplay is another matter though, got super bored of it so I quit about halfway and watched the rest of the game on youtube

It's also downright gorgeous at times.

From that IBT Times Fallout 4 review thread:

FFYRGNS.png
Why do people care so much what others think about stuff? It doesn't change the joy you have when playing a game. Hell, I'm sure every game I liked, there are plenty others who hated it. Who gives a bother?
Been watching Extra Life streams all day. \o/

Also, STEAM | November 2015 - Sakura Games Never Change.
image.php

And here I thought the spooky season was over.

Uzzy

I'm not so sure they can't as they don't want to, because that blandness what makes those games popular, for something to be liked by many it has to have no character or complexity, because if it has, tastes and preferences kick in and mass appeal goes away.
I didn't play DA: I, nor I plan to, but I was under impression that it had some redeeming qualities, like characters and such, so I'm not sure it's a good example. Or maybe it is.

You're probably right about the critics. I just wish that more of them could be a bit more critical and point out the lack of character and complexity.

In other terrible news, Capcom have seemingly removed the view of R.Mika's butt slap.

Deitus

Why do people care so much what others think about stuff? It doesn't change the joy you have when playing a game. Hell, I'm sure every game I liked, there are plenty others who hated it. Who gives a bother?

But I need validation that my opinions are objectively correct!

If it wasn't for Bethesda we wouldn't have New Vegas at all, or maybe in this fantasy world where they and 2K don't exist the immensely successful Black Isle never went defunct in the first place.

I'm sad that R. Mika's butt got censored, i liked those moves, they were just so silly that i loved it. :( its not like its going to lower the ESRB rating anyway.

Why do people care so much what others think about stuff? It doesn't change the joy you have when playing a game.

When lots of people like Skyrim or a game like FO3 over a game like FO2, that is what gets made. And then other series try to be just like those games, which has a huge negative effect on the joy I have when playing a game.

To not pick on those games, take something like Halo and how every shooter wanted to be Halo after that, or Call of Duty now.

So it is right to care when people like crap games or settle for mediocrity as "good enough". It doesn't necessarily help anything of course, but what can you do.

Khronico

Alpha Protocol is a pretty alright game, but it just makes me want to play Splinter Cell instead, I really wish the gameplay was better.

that game is so ugly, it's like a ps2 game

i'll get to it eventually, i really want to give it a try

Alpha Protocol is incredibly flawed, but y'all should just power through and play it all. It has by far the best implementation of a conversation system in a video game plus manages to make choices genuinely matter in both a story and gameplay sense. No other game has even come close to my knowledge. It is a true 'role playing' game. It's one of the best games of last gen, easily.

All of your favorite games are crap.

All of them.

Well, I loved DA Inquisition and Type-0, games that many hated. Others may call me have a bad taste, but if having a bad taste means I can enjoy more games than them, then I'm definitely blessed.

I don't care if Fallout 4 receive bad reviews, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

Alpha Protocol is incredibly flawed, but y'all should just power through and play it all. It has by far the best implementation of a conversation system in a video game plus manages to make choices genuinely matter in both a story and gameplay sense. No other game has even come close to my knowledge. It is a true 'role playing' game. It's one of the best games of last gen, easily.

All of your favorite games are crap.

All of them.

You're screenshots are what inspired me to try it out again btw. Some really nice shots you took. :)

Tenrius

The Last Door is actually fantastic. I got completely blown away by the story and the puzzles weren't that bad either. Big thanks for Dusk Golem for recommending it in the horror thread!

Khronico

You're screenshots are what inspired me to try it out again btw. Some really nice shots you took. :)

I'm glad my enthusiasm got to you.

More people need to experience Alpha Protocol.

As an aside, if you haven't seen it yet, check out the pcgaming wiki page for AP to get some graphics/playability tweaks. You can get the game to look completely OK with a few changes to some ini files.

I'm glad my enthusiasm got to you.

More people need to experience Alpha Protocol.

As an aside, if you haven't seen it yet, check out the pcgaming wiki page for AP to get some graphics/playability tweaks. You can get the game to look completely OK with a few changes to some ini files.

Yeah I did all the stuff they recommended, it definitely helped.

Dr Dogg

Because Veggie, because I have a highly charged, emotional attachment and a monetary investment in [insert game name here] that despite it being months out from release I paid $60 for a title based on bullshots, CGI trailers and marketing double speak from a bunch of suits and if my stupid decision isn't validated by good word of mouth, be that community feedback, high scoring reviews (content doesn't matter just a 9.9 out of 10 is fine) or the voices in my head telling me it's a great game contrary to the facts, I might just have a mental breakdown!!!

Because Veggie, because I have a highly charged, emotional attachment and a monetary investment in [insert game name here] that despite it being months out from release I paid $60 for a title based on bullshots, CGI trailers and marketing double speak from a bunch of suits and if my stupid decision isn't validated by good word of mouth, be that community feedback, high scoring reviews (content doesn't matter just a 9.9 out of 10 is fine) or the voices in my head telling me it's a great game contrary to the facts, I might just have a mental breakdown!!!

2W5fdy3.gif

I love that gif so much, its the best gif ever.
whos paying $60 on pc? you're doing it wrong if you are. Got Fallout 4 for $30 and proud of it dammit!

Uzzy

I know I'd hate to pay $60 for a game, as that'd mean living in America. Having to go out of my way to get a decent cup of tea would be a complete nightmare.

Was Morrowind non-leveled unlike its sequels? In Morroblivion, I have gotten a lot of good shit early way before Oblivion or Skyrim.

lvl 9 and I already have daedra weapons, which I got around lvl 6-7.

kurahador

Alpha Protocol is one those ridiculously overrated games on gaf. The dialogue system is nothing special, the story is boring, and the game is soooo buggy/unfinished it's not worth suffering through it.

I know I'd hate to pay $60 for a game, as that'd mean living in America. Having to go out of my way to get a decent cup of tea would be a complete nightmare.

i work at a deli, I normally drink a cup of lemon tea with 1 sugar, this brand to be specific:
0029287_celestial-seaso-herb-tea-lemon-zinger-20-bags-17-oz.jpeg

i think its alright.

Fandangox

Reposting from another thread

Age of Empires II:

Probably not the best place to post this, but seems to be the most recent thread.

So I got the game two days ago, and installed it yesterday. I tried to run it today, but it just doesn't start, I don't get an error message, nothing happens. When I launch it says its performing a first time set up installing "Microsoft VC Redist Package" with 6 items needed to be set up, but after that's done nothing happens. Any ideas? I am on Windows 8.1

Fandangox

What game? Not that I can help, but it might be helpful for others.

oh lol forgot I didn't have the name on that quote, its Age of Empires II, I got it on the recent sale, it had the 3 Expansions, I read around the support community app for the game, and seems to be a somewhat common problem. Except in my case nothing happens after I launch, no error or messages, just nothing happens.

Random thought: Durante should put gedosato up on steam like sharex and borderless windowed gaming.
Would not only sell like hotcakes but also gain a much wider audience and thus developers would be - to various extent - feel more pressure accommodating to PC users exceptions regards technical aptitude and modding friendliness of their games.

I see only benefits... except a wave of obnoxious messages on Steam towards Durante to fix this game and add that feature :p

N7 day fem shep trailer

remember fem shep? she's baaaack, in teaser form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Et481TNgE
Wow, it's fucking nothing. Also, Bioware RPG? Pass.
Something like that :D

P.S. While i am not in for 40$ to play Overwatch i would gladly watch Animated Series :D This teaser for short animated movies is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIHKbDbx8y8
I find 40 dollars for a multiplayer shooter that would definitely have constant content updates not bad, compared to how some publishers price their own multiplayer only shooters. And I can totally dig Overwatch being TF2 with more story bits.
SteamGAF wasn't kidding about Tales from Borderlands.
Why would we be?

gelf

As a Brit who visits the US semi regularly I was very happy to find Yorkshire Tea is actually sold in places. At first I was resorting to Lipton.

Fireblend

Banned
Guys, I really want to spend some time playing a new good game tonight but I don't want to pay anything below $20. Should I buy Invisible Inc? I really like strategy games and it looks good.

I don't know where else to ask. Someone tell me to click the purchase button.

Yes/No

Guys, I really want to spend some time playing a new good game tonight but I don't want to pay anything below $20. Should I buy Invisible Inc? I really like strategy games and it looks good.

Yes/No
Sorry, Invisible Inc is 19,99 and thus out of your criteria :)

For real though, it sounds awfully like you already made up your mind and just want to hear confirmation. So here it goes, buy it. It's really good. You will have lots of fun with it.

EdmondD

Was Morrowind non-leveled unlike its sequels? In Morroblivion, I have gotten a lot of good shit early way before Oblivion or Skyrim.

lvl 9 and I already have daedra weapons, which I got around lvl 6-7.

Yes. One of the many reasons that Morrowind is such a great game.

Uzzy

Yes/No

No. Wait a few days, as there's some Invisible, Inc. DLC coming this week, which means there may be a sale. Save some cash.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
we don't got honey chamomile(only regular chamomile) or peach but we do have peppermint. I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I go to work. should I add sugar to it or is it sweet as is?

I put a bit of sugar but the tea is good without sugar IMO.

r3n4ud

oh lol forgot I didn't have the name on that quote, its Age of Empires II, I got it on the recent sale, it had the 3 Expansions, I read around the support community app for the game, and seems to be a somewhat common problem. Except in my case nothing happens after I launch, no error or messages, just nothing happens.
Try installing all the redist files in the game folder. I have had the same issue as you're describing a few times. For some reason, those files won't install on their own.

EdmondD

I am really enjoying Abyss Odyssey. Game is short though and lacks content. If the game had more varied and interesting environments and a more fluid, deeper combat system it could have been something really special. Instead it is a flawed gem that never lives up to its potential but is still a satisfying experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom