• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Glad you're enjoying it. Though batmobile fatigue will kick in soon enough.
Speak for yourself, I actually liked the batmobile parts. Especially near the end, when it requires to keep a cool head and not be overwhelmed by a swarm of enemies. I do think they could have perfected it though, you never get the same kind of feeling you get with something like Super Hexagon, which I believe they could have achieved. But whatever, fun notheless.

I found the story overall a bit disappointing, though only because most of the game is a rather convincingt deconstruction of Batman, showing his weaknesses and self-doubt. The ending is such a letdown, however, that it almost ruins the buildup, but not quite.

Defintely my last Arkham game though. Doesn't matter what new post-Rocksteady Batman comes out, if it just copies the Arkham formula (which it will, because AAA industy) I will just ignore it, been there, done that.

Lomax

So if you emailed them... they're just going to ignore it for now? LOL

Yeah, they're still floundering through this. Hopefully they'll end up keeping their word one way or another.

From what I read on the forums, even most people that emailed them almost immediately after that post didn't get a key in response.

I was considering dropping the $6, but with all the issues people are having, I think I'll just go back and play the original version which I know will run fine on my computer.

Sajjaja

Speak for yourself, I actually liked the batmobile parts. Especially near the end, when it requires to keep a cool head and not be overwhelmed by a swarm of enemies. I do think they could have perfected it though, you never get the same kind of feeling you get with something like Super Hexagon, which I believe they could have achieved. But whatever, fun notheless.

I found the story overall a bit disappointing, though only because most of the game is a rather convincingt deconstruction of Batman, showing his weaknesses and self-doubt. The ending is such a letdown, however, that it almost ruins the buildup, but not quite.

Defintely my last Arkham game though. Doesn't matter what new post-Rocksteady Batman comes out, if it just copies the Arkham formula (which it will, because AAA industy) I will just ignore it, been there, done that.

They shoehorned the Batmobile into most of the bosses
Deathstroke was so fucking awful compared to his origins fight.
. The story I thought was nice since I'm not that into Batman lore. The ending though was pretty awful.

Stardew Valley Update!!!!!

Concerned Ape posted it today:

I spent October trying to finish the single-player game. My daily routine involves playing the game for several hours and taking note of any bugs, game balance issues or details that I want to improve. Then I spend the rest of the day fixing everything on the list. I guess you could call it an in-house beta. I rarely encounter serious bugs anymore… most of the work I’m doing involves tweaks in gameplay, prices, progression… small graphical problems, etc. Everything is pretty solid and every day it gets closer to being a finished product.

So I’m thinking about doing a closed beta when single player is ready, while I simultaneously work on finishing multiplayer. Then, when multiplayer is finished and well-tested I will release the final game. I can’t make any promises or give any details about a beta version right now, but it’s something I want to do.

Here’s what I’m thinking for a release timetable:

1. Finish single player (November)

2. Closed Beta (December)

3. Finish Multiplayer (December - ???)

4. Full Release

Also, the complete OST is being sold via the Humble widget on the game's site.

#BELIEVE

Arthea

Stardew Valley Update!!!!!

Concerned Ape posted it today:

Also, the complete OST is being sold via the Humble widget on the game's site.

#BELIEVE

OMG is it real? you didn't make those dates up to make me feel better?

so, what exactly is multi in this particular case, I would be fine with singleplay in December. I mean they can patch multi later, I don't need it anyway.

OMG is it real? you didn't make those dates up to make me feel better?

so, what exactly is multi in this particular case, I would be fine with singleplay in December. I mean they can patch multi later, I don't need it anyway.

It's one of the thigs the dev talks about, he may release a closed beta with singleplayer content while he works on polishing the multiplayer, also the store page is coming SOON, so we all need to wait just a little more. I can't believe I'm following that game since 2012.

Glad you're enjoying it. Though batmobile fatigue will kick in soon enough.

I believe it. I haven't even tried to check out the game because I know I've hated the batmobile gameplay since the very first trailer it was introduced it. It seems totally unnecessary and I was glad to see I wasn't alone in the thought that it wasn't really needed or didn't add a lot on the whole... not looking forward to playing it and then having the batmobile rain on my parade.

Speak for yourself, I actually liked the batmobile parts.

You may be the exception to the rule here. :)

Arthea

It's one of the thigs the dev talks about, he may release a closed beta with singleplayer content while he works on polishing the multiplayer, also the store page is coming SOON, so we all need to wait just a little more. I can't believe I'm following that game since 2012.

I can't help but wonder how it'll turn out, Wild Season isn't even half done yet, for example, and they started about the same time, no?

fantomena

From that IBT Times Fallout 4 review thread:

FFYRGNS.png

I can't help but wonder how it'll turn out, Wild Season isn't even half done yet, for example, and they started about the same time, no?

I'm not sure when Wild Season started the development but the Greenlight page was put on November 2013 while Stardew Valley was on September 2012, though SV is being developed by only one person AFAIK.

Arthea

When we are getting that Harvest Moon that's not a harvest moon, I forgot
wasn't it supposed to be this winter release too?

I'm not sure when Wild Season started the development but the Greenlight page was put on November 2013 while Stardew Valley was on September 2012, though SV is being developed by only one person AFAIK.

I find it very hard to believe that one person can make a game like this, I remember it being mentioned before, it's just so much work...
Then again one person made Banished

tmarg

From that IBT Times Fallout 4 review thread:

FFYRGNS.png

Is there a check list for the meltdown when FO4 reviews well (it probably will) despite all the problems Bethesda games always have?

At a certain point, just agree to disagree. Bethesda fans aren't going to stop liking Bethesda games.

At a certain point, just agree to disagree. Bethesda fans aren't going to stop liking Bethesda games.

The sad thing is, one day Bethesda fans will stop liking Bethesda games. And they'll want to apologise for being wrong, and it'll be too late, because I'll be dead and the games industry will already be destroyed.

Sigh.

When we are getting that Harvest Moon that's not a harvest moon, I forgot
wasn't it supposed to be this winter release too?

I find it very hard to believe that one person can make a game like this, I remember it being mentioned before, it's just so much work...
Then again one person made Banished

Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories? It's supposed to be coming in the North Hemisphere Winter but it doesn't look good :/

Mivey

They shoehorned the Batmobile into most of the bosses
Deathstroke was so fucking awful compared to his origins fight.
. The story I thought was nice since I'm not that into Batman lore. The ending though was pretty awful.

You may be the exception to the rule here. :)

Though, I must say that the best Batman game is still Asylum. Even with all of Gotham at stake, AK is still only trying to tell a personal story, and this really works best when you have a smaller setting.

Maybe once the whole Open World schtick has taken its course and the industy, assuming it still exists, can make smaller more linear games again, maybe some one will pick up where Asylum left.

Is there a check list for the meltdown when FO4 reviews well (it probably will) despite all the problems Bethesda games always have?

Of course the opposite is true as well.

tsknd.jpg

saw that Rayman Fiesta Run was free on iOS...got it before it's back to normal price next week

there are Rayman games on Steam...Steam related

Fucking hell, the preemptive pushback to Fallout is far more annoying than any hype I've seen.

And I'm saying this as one of those snotty douchebags that's 100% inclined to give the GOTY to a breakout, charming indie.

Uzzy

I fully expect Fallout 4 to be a) terrible and b) to win GOTY at multiple places and have at least a 95% on Metacritic. I don't think that the majority of critics are able to identify the terrible writing or mechanics that you'll find in Bethesda games and call them out on it. See last year, when Dragon Age: Inquisition dominated the awards over Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Divinity: Original Sin.

The only thing I think modern Bethesda games are good for is creating your own adventures, pouring your own ideas and thoughts onto the canvas they create. There's certainly nothing good about what they do with game world, writing or mechanics.

Arthea

I fully expect Fallout 4 to be a) terrible and b) to win GOTY at multiple places and have at least a 95% on Metacritic. I don't think that the majority of critics are able to identify the terrible writing or mechanics that you'll find in Bethesda games and call them out on it. See last year, when Dragon Age: Inquisition dominated the awards over Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Divinity: Original Sin.

I'm not so sure they can't as they don't want to, because that blandness what makes those games popular, for something to be liked by many it has to have no character or complexity, because if it has, tastes and preferences kick in and mass appeal goes away.
I didn't play DA: I, nor I plan to, but I was under impression that it had some redeeming qualities, like characters and such, so I'm not sure it's a good example. Or maybe it is.

The stylized "o" makes this surprisingly hard to read.

I'm really embarrassed to admit this, but I spent hundreds of hours playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I somehow never noticed the lightning bolt in the Fallout logo until the Fallout 4 trailer at the Bethesda E3 show.

I'm not so sure they can't as they don't want to, because that blandness what makes those games popular, for something to be liked by many it has to have no character or complexity, because if it has, tastes and preferences kick in and mass appeal goes away.
I didn't play DA: I, nor I plan to, but I was under impression that it had some redeeming qualities, like characters and such, so I'm not sure it's a good example. Or maybe it is.

You have to be careful. DA:I has good characters when compared to games like Mass Effect. Any praise it gets is only valid in the AAA bubble.

Lain

Has anyone received a key for Darksiders 2 DE from Nordic after supplying proof of owning Darksiders 2 + Season Pass?

I don't think so, at least I didn't hear back and they took the offer back as it was supposed to be only for that one user that posted on the steam forums.
The Nordic dude edited the post to say they were looking into a better solution but... I don't really believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom