• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
207 deaths on mission 4 on realistic mode of Blops 3
man-looking-out-the-window-jpg.544922

Jawmuncher

Just finished this. Took about 9-10 hours so basically the typical length of most TT fare. Have to say this was quite the surprise. Decided to play it when a lot of SteamGAF said it was making their top of the year lists. It's a very fun story through out, and was quite funny to boot. Was really great seeing the borderlands universe expanded with it, since even for a non-fan of the series it was all rather enjoyable. So long as you know what borderlands is you'll be able to jump in and enjoy this. Really hope some of the stuff here will makes it's way into Borderlands 3. Would be a nice treat for a lot of us who enjoyed this. So overall yeah highly recommended. Sure it might follow the typical TT route where it sort of funnels to the same outcome, but there's still a nice amount of variety in actions throughout the journey. Honestly I don't even see that as a negative at this point for them. A nice interactive adventure is rather nice to have. Just that bit of interactivity goes a long way.

Lain

I'm simply not falling for your lies. It's telltale and borderlands, it obviously can't be anything other than a filthy pile of blips

Just finished this. Took about 9-10 hours so basically the typical length of most TT fare. Have to say this was quite the surprise. Decided to play it when a lot of SteamGAF said it was making their top of the year lists. It's a very fun story through out, and was quite funny to boot. Was really great seeing the borderlands universe expanded with it, since even for a non-fan of the series it was all rather enjoyable. So long as you know what borderlands is you'll be able to jump in and enjoy this. Really hope some of the stuff here will makes it's way into Borderlands 3. Would be a nice treat for a lot of us who enjoyed this. So overall yeah highly recommended. Sure it might follow the typical TT route where it sort of funnels to the same outcome, but there's still a nice amount of variety in actions throughout the journey. Honestly I don't even see that as a negative at this point for them. A nice interactive adventure is rather nice to have. Just that bit of interactivity goes a long way.

I agree with the 'same outcome' stuff, but I liked picking the team at the end to only realize I could end up with a completely different load out depending on what happened through the first 4 episodes.

Loader Bot OP

I'm simply not falling for your lies. It's telltale and borderlands, it obviously can't be anything other than a filthy pile of blips

It's a filthy pile of awesome. For times when you just want to get dirty and have fun doing it.
(p.s. The filth never comes off.)
It won't last. All the negatives will starts pouring in later,
with Turfster complaining about his saves being gone and the game crash.
That's the best part! Tales only gets better with every episode. 4serios

Save corruption does suck, though. TellTale should be raked over the coals for the state of their engine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you get the Deathinitive Edition, turn down those shadows.

I guess the highest shadow settings just renders the textures at some absurd level. Like 8K shadows.

The original is the same: I couldn't detect any difference whatsoever between the highest setting and the preceding one despite the massive framerate difference (not far from unplayable with two 670s). The ability to tweak shadow resolution was patched in after complaints about a lack of graphics options, so it almost feels like the highest value is present simply out of spite.

Dsyndrome

If you get the Deathinitive Edition, turn down those shadows.

I guess the highest shadow settings just renders the textures at some absurd level. Like 8K shadows.

Playing Call of Duty?

I'll see myself out
When did you start getting issues? It's been fine, albeit underwhelming, for me since the last patch, just past the first boss.

Teeth

I agree with the 'same outcome' stuff, but I liked picking the team at the end to only realize I could end up with a completely different load out depending on what happened through the first 4 episodes.

Loader Bot OP

I felt that TalesOBlands relieves itself of a lot of the baggage that these TT games have by making your choices more about hitting the best joke rather than DEEP CONSEQUENCES. As such, the resolutions are quicker, the carry forward is unnecessary, and the levity increases.

It worked out well.

Sch1sm

It's actually really good, though. I've played the mainstream Telltale games since about September, now. I have a clear remembrance of how terrible they can be. Tales from Borderlands is good. Just play it.

Lain

It's actually really good, though. I've played the mainstream Telltale games since about September, now. I have a clear remembrance of how terrible they can be. Tales from Borderlands is good. Just play it.

Once they hit a good sale I will.

It's my birthday month and I'm drinking. So expect more raffles from me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Full Bore -- MB-89745D5CA3E5FBF1 - Taken by Last Baron. 5 entrants total.
Overlord -- MB-170CD67186C8F092 - Taken by du7y. 1 entrants total.
How To Survive -- MB-C298ECAE26C3EC06 - Taken by eyeless. 4 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-0EDB6C6E677CCBD5 - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-6098FB04411416D2 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Jazzpunk -- MB-33D5D654888CBBA7 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Worms Ultimate Mayhem -- MB-F661F2CDC5BE5A5D - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.

t1446962495z1.png

EdmondD

:V
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Men of War Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-99522EFA1F768CA5 - Taken by Reven. 4 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-96012B825DA0004C - Taken by jediyoshi. 10 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-DDEC578884D537EE

t1446975215z1.png

Ive been swamped with homework and work this weekend and havent had a chance to play any types of videos. Its a goddamn shame really

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

TeraBlaster -- MB-FE12861644C2358A - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.

t1446968615z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Freedom Planet -- MB-C4C89FD26C08393F - Taken by thesaucetastic. 2 entrants total.

t1446969695z1.png

dex3108

From the Fallout 4 first review thread.

37QklGw.png

Yeap we will have another Uncharted meltdown review thread if game gets anything below 9.

aw350

Banned

Looks promising.

(Seriously, there is just so much useless noise with reviews / comments on these reviews for popular games - it is just hard to know how the game is until after the first few weeks or even months...)

--
Also, :W

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (aw350, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Earth 2150: Lost Souls -- MB-082417A20E931B77 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-781C7D541669C9C5 - Taken by Soulflarz. 1 entrants total.

t1446970295z1.png

Soulflarz

Banned
Do fallout reviews matter

it's a beth game
if you enjoy a beth game, youll enjoy it regardless :V

edit: took grim legends since it was unclaimed

eyeless

http://i.imgur.com/37QklGw.png?1/img]

Yeap we will have another Uncharted meltdown review thread if game gets anything below 9.[/QUOTE]this happens in literally every review thread. you will find this exchange in response to any review. seriously, look at any thread for a game with an unfavorable review. they're all a "meltdown". i've never seen anything less remarkable.

:U

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-EB84482DFE95057F - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.

t1446971615z1.png

I think Life is Strange needs a sale. Just putting that out into the ether.

37QklGw.png

Yeap we will have another Uncharted meltdown review thread if game gets anything below 9.

I just want to know how many 10's Biogamergirl gives it.

dex3108

this happens in literally every review thread. you will find this exchange in response to any review. seriously, look at any thread for a game with an unfavorable review. they're all a "meltdown". i've never seen anything less remarkable.

Not really. Uncharted Collection and Uncharted 3 i think are good examples of meltdown threads. Mods had to close Uncharted Collection Review thread.

I personally like to read reviews to see what is good and what is bad in game. But i never make purchase decision based on reviews.But i really hate when there are double standards and one publisher/developer is criticized more then other for same things.

Lomax

Do fallout reviews matter

it's a beth game
if you enjoy a beth game, youll enjoy it regardless :V

edit: took grim legends since it was unclaimed

Ask Obsidian if Fallout reviews matter...

I weep for those of you that have Comcast as your ISP.

Seems to still be a limited group of areas getting the bandwidth caps, mine still shows as "suspended." Though I was surprised looking at my usage history that I've not gone over 150 gb in the last three months anyway. It's sad how there's really no viable competition for them at all though, my only other option around here is 1/10th of the speed.

Hey, is there anyone who could shoot me an invite to the Steam GAF group? I need some more people to play Geometry Wars and Arma with :p Shoot me a PM if you could

edit: nobody? :|

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if I'll ever be able to invite people to groups using Firefox. Two-and-a-half years and counting!

Dr Dogg

Is an elemental schoolboy like a superhero or one of the Xmen but in training? I guess it's all elementary my dear Watson :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon Defenders II Starter Pack -- MB-413608240412E539 - Taken by thereisnoif. 3 entrants total.

t1446985476z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom