• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm in Hawaii. Final night.

I'm in the hot tub, just chilling like a villain, when a guy hops in and we start chatting and he asks me what I do and I say "oh, designing a game".

Then it starts.

"Oh. Let me ask you what you think of Anita Sarkeesian?"

So, yeah, I had a Real Life conversation with a GG.

Jawmuncher

I'm in the hot tub, just chilling like a villain, when a guy hops in and we start chatting and he asks me what I do and I say "oh, designing a game".

Then it starts.

That sounds like fun.

I just imagine the conversation was pretty one sided with HP just listening the entire time.

Tried my hands at using GeDoSaTo a bit more with Dark Souls II. Some eye-opening results. These would seriously be on par with lastgen to newgen ports. Cynics would even say, much more than some remasters offer. Staggering difference in atmosphere and even gameplay when dark places are actually dark.

8sRqUMS.gif
nxtiapx.gif
p5t1GMG.gif

All these shots were taken in the exact same spot, even at the same time when lightning struck, so all visual differences are AA, AO, DoF, Bloom and Post-Processing (which can be easily toggled with shortcuts).

And here another neat comparison between 4k (left; 3840x2160) and 1080p (right; 1920x1080), again exact same position and lightning lighting.

Fascinating and illuminating when I remember watching comparison videos/screens from Dark Souls II remaster on newgen with its lastgen counterpart.
This stuff is way beyond that, probably two generation rift remaster.

Then it starts.

Are GGers like missionaries or something?

Please someone correct me if im wrong, but i think its like this.

MAKE SURE YOU DONT BUY FALLOUT 4 ON A VPN OR YOU WILL BE BANNED

1. Start your VPN to New zealand time with steam turned off.
  2. Start steam and go to fallout 4.
  3. Hit play / unlock (this part i don't know, i assume it'll say play).
  4. Fallout 4 should load as long as its past 12:01 AM New Zealand Time.
  5. Alt + tab out of fallout 4 and go to steam and make steam go into offline mode.
  6. Turn off your VPN, make sure you do not let steam go back online until it's 12:01 your local time.
That's it i think. Not hard at all.

I've never done anything like this to play any game earlier.
So, is it really safe to do this?

def sim

Then it starts.

Haha

Now he's somewhere out there, tweeting about his delightful conversation with a developer.

Deitus

Then it starts.

Oh god, being in a hot tub with a gator is like my worst nightmare. I hope you're alright.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Then it starts.

GG is everywhere.

Trust no one.

Hail Hydra.

Adnor

Banned

Then it starts.

You poor, poor man. I hope you were able to change the subject ASAP and continue to relax without he bothering you.

Haha

Now he's somewhere out there, tweeting about his delightful conversation with a developer.

And he won't name who or the context or content of the conversation, he'll just say "a developer" like I was Warren Shafer. lol

The problem was that this was a really smart dude except for the talking about GG shit, which held such gems as "I don't know anything about GG".

I just imagine the conversation was pretty one sided with HP just listening the entire time.

They asked me point blank what I thought about Sarkeesian talking about not allowing developers to make the games they want, and got kinda hostile when I said developers were changing due to this GG bullshit. Honestly, the guy didn't want to hear any in-depth analysis of the situation. I started talking about how my game was "female friendly" (not the phrase I used) and he kept asking me "yeah, but what from Anita Sarkeesian are you using?" as if he was trying to trip me up and admit that I wasn't really being diverse. Or something. Like there were two kinds of diversity, the good kind and the bad kind.

Then he started going in about how I obviously must disagree with the group that got GTA V banned in Australia. The next part went like this:
"Australia always has had Draconian laws concerning video games - "
"Yup, they have."
"... so it's really stupid to say just because it was this or that group that got it banned - a game that is banned in the states, by the way - "
"So you agree that these games should be banned?"
"I'm saying that you can't attribute this or that group to something just because they happened to be the cause this one time."
"But it's free speech."
"Look, anyone can ban anything they fucking want - "
"But it's a free speech issue."
"BUT - and let me finish or we'll be here a while - of course it shouldn't be banned."
"So what do you say to what Anita Sarkeesian wants to do?"
"Besides the fact that she doesn't want to ban video games for men, the Target thing was unrelated."
"But do you disagree with that case?"
"Yes, of course. But the two are unrelated."
"I know, I was just asking what you thought."
(no you weren't)

Sorry for going on a rant.

The horrible thing is that, except for the GG stuff, this guy was really nice and it was a good conversation.

Joke links like that were always frowned upon, but since the entire thread is a joke, I think it fits there just fine.

Yeah you can find a handful of more ban worthy posts on that same page. Some of the shit spewed in that thread was just insane, at least a good old fashioned Rick Roll kept the mood light.

well bayo i tried that peppermint tea, at first i wasn't digging it but by the end I thought it was alright, I actually do prefer the lemon zinger one though, but I liked it enough to drink it from time to time to mix things up.

Well, if you're going to bring in whole platforms, you definitely need Nintendo, Xbox, and PCMR in there.
Yeah but PCMR is not tolerated here, and Nintendoom threads pop up every few weeks.

I saw some xbone fans going "oh man it's time for my console to shine" in Fallout 4 performance thread, so cute!

Yeah but PCMR is not tolerated here, and Nintendoom threads pop up every few weeks.

I saw some xbone fans going "oh man it's time for my console to shine" in Fallout 4 performance thread, so cute!

What's going on there? xbx got a better version than ps4 or something? I don't roam around gaming side, just here.

What's going on there? xbx got a better version than ps4 or something? I don't roam around gaming side, just here.
Just some wishful thinking, some people think Xbox could handle Bethesda game better than PS like last gen. It could be true, not a lot of Xbone footage out there to prove otherwise.

Thanks to Morroblivion, I'm in the mood to play open world games so I'm reinstalling Skyrim. Apart from bug fixes, any particular mods that don't need the DLC? I just have bland vanilla Skyrim.

Are you sure about that? There's a few regulars in this thread who could be spokespersons for PCMR, even if they don't explicitly use straight up PCMR vernacular in their posts.

As for the other stuff, we have those in here too -- it takes all kinds. ;)

Just some wishful thinking, some people think Xbox could handle Bethesda game better than PS like last gen. It could be true, not a lot of Xbone footage out there to prove otherwise.

Most of the Gamebryo engine problems on PS3 were due to the way the memory access was designed; the system architecture limited the amount of RAM available so when the number of changes to the world got too large, the game became a slideshow. I looked into it a little at one point because I was thinking of going for the platinum trophies on F:NV and F3, but the issues were never really patched out entirely...

However, the PS4 shouldn't really have those limitations, so I think they should be pretty much the same on both consoles. We'll have to wait for DF to give us the final word though, probably.

i feel like i'd like a telltale-like jurassic park game in which you play as jeff goldblum

I, too, would like this.

i feel like i'd like a telltale-like jurassic park game in which you play as jeff goldblum
Chaos theory and nothing you do matters, hey just like Life is Strange!

Are you sure about that? There's a few regulars in this thread who could be spokespersons for PCMR, even if they don't explicitly use straight up PCMR vernacular in their posts.

As for the other stuff, we have those in here too -- it takes all kinds. ;)
You mean people jump into PC vs console threads to give fact checks? I do that too, not enough of us to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom